The Gift that Saved My Life — Blog – Leslie Leyland Fields

This is a wonderful true, faith-building story by author Leslie Leyland Fields. I so relate to her story, especially this part:

‘My own father had no interest in my children or in me, but somehow a father who is spinning 13 trillion galaxies in the infinitude of space, who knows the hearts of 8 billion others hears the unspoken longing of a mother and sends just the right backpack to the Salvation Army in Kodiak just before I turn one last time to the store. How can this God bend so low and come so near?’

Please click on the link below and read the full story. The comments on Leslie’s post are great, too!

We’re thinking about gifts this month so I have to tell this story. I’ve never written it before. Yes, it’s a bit of a miracle story.

The Gift that Saved My Life — Blog – Leslie Leyland Fields

14 thoughts on “The Gift that Saved My Life — Blog – Leslie Leyland Fields

1. kavya December 15, 2022 / 11:46 am

Thank You for sharing this story Linda it’s incredible!

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote December 15, 2022 / 1:41 pm

Hi Kavya. I’m so glad you were able to read Leslie’s story. For many years, I did not believe in God because I could not understand how a good, loving, all knowing and all powerful God, could allow all the traumas and abuses that so many of us experience in this life. But I absolutely do believe in the Lord Jesus Christ today, because I, too, have experienced many incredible answers to prayers. I still don’t understand all the traumas in this life, but I no longer feel the need to understand. I trust in our heavenly Father God’s love now, and that is enough for me!

• kavya December 15, 2022 / 10:10 pm

The traumas we suffered are the worst I am happy that Lord God saved you.

2. Bruce Cooper December 15, 2022 / 1:16 pm

Thank you, Linda, beautiful story. I can’t share a story on Leslie’s site right now but I will later. Boggles the mind, doesn’t it! Blessings!

3. Mary Humphrey December 15, 2022 / 1:58 pm

I enjoyed reading Leslie’s story. Such an answer to prayer!

4. cindy knoke December 15, 2022 / 8:43 pm

How beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas Linda 👼⛪🌟🔥🎄

5. Nancy Homlitas December 16, 2022 / 5:04 pm

Thank you, Linda Lee, for sharing Leslie’s fabulous blog. Her backpack story is so touching. The accounts that followed her story were also heart-warming. Their happy endings are not coincidences, and it’s pleasing that the storytellers are aware that God had his hand in the outcomes. Praise God.

6. Paul Martin December 26, 2022 / 2:48 pm

This is awesome! We serve a God who knows what we need when we need it!