12 thoughts on “Leave it to beaver — bluebird of bitterness

1. Mary Humphrey November 29, 2022 / 8:01 am

Awww! She is incredibly cute! She responded to her person with her little dance.

2. oldandblessed November 29, 2022 / 3:01 pm

This reminds me of sin nature. The compulsion for building dams is in the beaver’s DNA. He can’t deny it. Humankinds’ propensity for sinning is in our DNA. It takes a powerful cleaning process to rid us of it. That process is activated by the blood of Jesus.

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote November 29, 2022 / 6:05 pm

Amazing insight! And that would explain all the crazy things we see in the news, as well as the traumas that lead to PTSD.

3. Nancy Homlitas November 30, 2022 / 9:32 am

The instincts of animals are just so amazing! Thank you for sharing this adorable beaver’s quest to build a dam, water or no water.

4. ibikenyc December 4, 2022 / 7:54 am

Swooning with warm fuzzies about the happy dance! 😀

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote December 4, 2022 / 9:35 am

Right! It almost makes me want to adopt a pet beaver. But our 3 dogs probably wouldn’t understand.

• ibikenyc December 5, 2022 / 4:18 pm

ROFL at your brilliant understatement! 😀

Hope you and all of yours are happy and well ❤

5. Nancy Ruegg December 13, 2022 / 12:04 pm

I wonder what prompted her to build a dam since there was no water involved? Also wondering what it was about the threshold that prompted her in the first place? Love how the staff of the shelter (?) provided her with perfect limbs for the job!

6. Beverley December 13, 2022 / 6:07 pm

I love this. My name (Beverley) means Beaver. I thought that was funny.

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote December 13, 2022 / 11:35 pm

My aunt’s name was Beverly. I never knew that it meant beaver. It’s a beautiful name, regardless of the meaning.