You have been warned — bluebird of bitterness

You have been warned — bluebird of bitterness

Here is another hilarious post from my favorite Bluebird. The ‘Caution Falling Cows’ sign comes from New Mexico, where I live. The first time I saw one of those signs, I thought it was ridiculous. Then we turned a corner in the highway and I saw for myself why this sign is a necessity. Free range cattle . . . mountainous terrain . . . the danger is real!

Click on the link under the falling cow for more funny signs. 😀

13 thoughts on “You have been warned — bluebird of bitterness

1. Invisibly Me August 23, 2022 / 4:23 pm

Yikes!! 😂 It’s even better how they’ve taken a stock icon of a cow and just rotated it nearly upside down 😆

2. Cindy Dawson August 24, 2022 / 7:22 am

That’s terrible! They should put up a fence! Blessings, Linda!

3. Nancy Ruegg August 25, 2022 / 1:04 pm

I discovered the Bluebird of Bitterness not long ago. He writes and collects the funniest stuff! Have you read through the “portrait” captions of his family in the right margin of his site? More hilarious material!

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote August 25, 2022 / 4:35 pm

Bluebird is the best! I agree, the family portrait captions are hilarious.

I have been a fan of Bluebird’s for many years. I will let you in on a little secret: the author of the Bluebird of Bitterness blog is actually a female human. As she explains on her ‘about b.o.b.’ page, she was gender and species fluid before it was cool. 😀

4. ibikenyc August 26, 2022 / 2:45 pm

All funny even the second time around! 😀

5. Beverley September 6, 2022 / 6:00 pm

I hope none of those cows really fall. 🙂

6. Phoebe Sparrow Wagner September 9, 2022 / 5:24 pm

Hi Linda,
    I love that you comment on my blog! Thanks so much for visiting. I have been on the lookout for new posts from you, but alas nothing in a coupla weeks. I hope all is well?
    I’m off to France for 6 weeks on October 3, the trip of a lifetime for me… I hope to post from there, but we will see. In any event, thanks again!
    Love,
    Phoebe

7. Phoebe Sparrow Wagner September 9, 2022 / 5:28 pm

Hi Linda,

My previous comment seems to have failed to post, as usual it seems.
    Anyhow I will try to reconstruct my comment.

Thanks so much for commenting on and for visiting my blog! I have been checking yours but have not seen anything for a coupla weeks so I hope you are okay?
    I’m off to France for 6 weeks on October 3, the trip of a lifetime I think, but I will post from France if I can. In any event, I hope you are well.

Love,
    Phoebe

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote September 9, 2022 / 5:57 pm

Sorry, Phoebe, I have my blog set to not post any comments from anyone, until I approve them. The reason I do it that way, is because I had a very upsetting situation years ago, when a blogger who had been posting friendly comments, starting posting horrible, hateful, verbally abusive comments on my blog. He even searched my name online, and posted hateful things under my comments on other people’s blogs. It was so traumatic, that I changed my pen name — you may remember that I used to be Alaina? — and I closed down my old blog and started this one. It’s my understanding that my online stalker is now deceased. But even so, I just feel better knowing that no comments are ever posted here, until after I have read and approved each one. I know that you would never go off on me like that guy did, but unfortunately, there isn’t a way that I have found to give a blanket approval for just a few select people.

I keep telling myself that I need to post more on my blog, but for the past year or two, I just haven’t been able to make myself do it. My husband wants me to have more Neurofeedback treatments, or try EMDR again, but I don’t know. I wish I could go with you to France! That would surely bring me out of my shell. Except for the getting on an airplane and flying part. I have flown three times, since 2017, to visit my grown children and grandchildren, and I hated it each time. Your courage is amazing to me. Truly, Phoebe, I am amazed at how well you are doing. You are an inspiration.

I am still working on writing a memoir, writing at least a little every single day. But it’s slow going. So many traumas in my life to write about. I get triggered, a little bit, writing about certain things. I don’t know if I will ever finish my memoir. But I am gaining a lot of healthy insight, through writing it.

I will try harder to get a post on here. Your comment has given me a stronger desire to get that done. I am having physical therapy a couple of times a week for a badly damaged right shoulder, and that’s helping a lot with the pain. It’s hard to think straight and write coherently, when you are in a lot of pain. Whoever said that getting older isn’t for sissies, wasn’t kidding!

I hope you have a great time in France. I love you, my dear friend. ((HUGS))

• Phoebe Sparrow Wagner September 9, 2022 / 6:25 pm

Oh my yes, the flying is the worst part by far! I now speak French rather well, but I still wish i could get to France some other way than flying. Thanks so much for your lengthy comment and explanation. I know how awful chronic pain can be, so I feel for you and hope your shoulder pain finds a remedy.

I recently burned all my journals and shredded every last medical record I had in my possession. It was very liberating. I no longer even want to revisit my past traumas myself and the ides that someone might read these documents after I died just bothered me because no one would bother while I was living, not at any rate anyone who could do something to right the wrongs psychiatry was inflicting on me and others. So I just dumped it all, forty years of writing gone up in smoke and I feel GREAT about it. New name, new life, you dig? Anyhow yes I still spend some sleepless nights rehashing trauma, but not very often, not any longer.

Thank you so much for everything you said. Your comment made my day!