19 thoughts on “Happy Senior Citizens Day

1. seekingdivineperspective August 21, 2022 / 5:36 pm

I recently got my whole head “highlighted.” (After being nearly the only one at my 50th high school reunion that didn’t have silver hair, I decided I had lived in denial long enough.) Hoping my “wisdom” is more apparent now. πŸ˜‰

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote August 21, 2022 / 6:56 pm

That’s great! I decided to stop coloring my hair a little over 4 years ago. It took 3 years for my gray roots to grow down past my waist.

• seekingdivineperspective August 21, 2022 / 7:32 pm

Wow, your hair grows fast! Mine won’t get that long. But when my great-grandmother undid her bun, she had gorgeous white hair down her back. According to my sister, who got to spend the night at her house once. I was jealous. 😦

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote August 21, 2022 / 8:18 pm

It’s funny, my hair didn’t grow down past my ears until I was eleven. Then it started growing like crazy. A few years ago, my doctor ordered some blood tests to determine if I had an autoimmune thyroid disorder. It turned out that I am one of the rare individuals with antibodies for both Hashimoto’s thyroid disease, which causes low thyroid, and for Grave’s disease, which causes high thyroid. So, yeah. I’m a freak of nature.

During those years when my hair wouldn’t grow, I was jealous of everybody with long hair. So I totally get that!

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote August 22, 2022 / 4:08 am

Sorry, Annie, I should have explained that the thyroid can affect how one’s hair grows. When my thyroid isn’t producing enough of the thyroid hormone, my hair doesn’t grow. When it’s producing too much, then my hair grows like crazy. Right now, my thyroid is not producing enough, so my doctor has me on a daily thyroid medication, levothyroxine. I suspect the levothyroxine is the reason why my hair is growing so fast.

I have to get ready soon for my first physical therapy session for my badly deteriorated and torn right shoulder. Yes, that is as painful as it sounds. Getting older isn’t for sissies!

2. Cathy August 21, 2022 / 8:09 pm

Last time I colored my hair was February. It takes a while to get used to the new look.

3. Renee🌻 August 21, 2022 / 8:12 pm

Linda, I always say I earned every gray hair I have. πŸ˜‚ I think your hair is beautiful!

4. ibikenyc August 22, 2022 / 12:41 pm

Wisdom highlights! Love this! πŸ™‚

That shoulder sounds painful {{HUGS}} Hope the PT helps ❀

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote August 22, 2022 / 3:17 pm

Thank you for your kind comment and the hugs, dear friend. My shoulder pain was very severe, almost unbearable, a few weeks ago, but lately I have had almost no pain at all, which is amazing. The original injury happened many years ago, when I was 24 years old. I was on a deep sea fishing trip, about 100 miles off the coast of Galveston, Texas, when a tropical storm hit. The captain told us afterward that the storm was just one nautical mile below hurricane force, when it capsized the ship. Along with everyone else on board, I went flying across the deck and slammed into the bulkhead on the opposite side of the boat. My right shoulder took the full force of the hit. Apparently, that set up a degenerative process that has taken all these years to get really bad! My doctor sent me to an orthopedic surgeon a couple of months ago. He looked at my MRI and said that the only surgery that will help with my pain and poor range of motion would be a total shoulder replacement. I don’t feel ready to go to that extreme yet, so I’m trying the physical therapy first.

But enough about me. How are you doing these days? ((HUGS)) back! I approved and liked your comment right after I got home from the PT. I wanted to write a reply to you then, but I had too much going on at the time: dogs needing out, hubby needing his meds, dogs needing back in, hubby needing his coffee, dogs needing treats. It never ends, lol!

• ibikenyc August 28, 2022 / 3:47 pm

That boat accident sounds like a nightmare {{HUGS}}

I am not ignoring you, my friend. Few things going on, the latest of which is that I badly scratched my cornea on Firday, sigh, and can barely see. It will heal, but it’s been kinda hard to write. Follow-up with eye doc tomorrow at 10.

I will answer you properly once I can! Hope y’all are doing well πŸ™‚ ❀

• ibikenyc August 28, 2022 / 7:46 pm

Aww; thank you so much ❀ Not something I'm anxious to repeat; LOL!

5. Beverley August 23, 2022 / 8:25 am

I like this. “They are wisdom highlights not grey hairs”. I agree with this statement. I believe that wisdom comes with age.

6. His Pasture Press September 7, 2022 / 8:59 am

So, my husband and I got into a conversation a few days ago (humor is wonderful for marriage). Are we middle-aged? No. We consider ourselves seniors (64 and 66). I do not remember what brought the conversation on but I think it was a song playing on the radio. Gray hair and all, I treasure this age. It is as if we can feel, look, and be exactly what we have grown to be throughout the years. What we believe in is what we are…and in our case, children of God. I could talk about this forever…but, I’ll stop now. BTW…I have had no time for personal writing lately. I need to get busy with blogging, even if I ‘borrow’ one!