Wow!

Last night, at 7:43 p.m., I sent this text to my stepdaughter: Praying for your protection right now.

She called me at a little after 5 a.m. this morning, as she was getting off from her 12 hour shift at a prison where she works as a corrections officer. “Your text gave me and my coworker chills,” she said. “When you sent that text, I was being physically attacked by a guy who is at least 6’5″ tall and weighs well over 300 pounds. He could have really hurt me, but all I got is a couple of bruises and some scratches.”

I don’t understand how it works, but I am so grateful. ❤

Miracle_Einstein_1024

46 thoughts on “Wow!

1. Bruce Cooper June 6, 2022 / 12:34 pm

Hi Linda Lee, did God let you know that she needed protection or you were to ask for her protection? Curious what made you send her the text message!

2. oldandblessed June 6, 2022 / 12:41 pm

I often think that if we all thought of life as a miracle and the greatest gift, we all could ever receive, the world would be in much better shape. Glad to hear your stepdaughter is ok.

3. hatrack4 June 6, 2022 / 1:39 pm

Ain’t God good?! – I think Jerry Clower had a book by that title, but it works.

4. rubycommenting June 6, 2022 / 2:56 pm

Linda this reminds me of your story about being found out in the snow. If you hadn’t been found it would have been too late. It is obvious that God is working in your life 😊 💕

5. Lisa Beth June 6, 2022 / 8:51 pm

What a godly witness to your step daughter and her fellow officers! May your faithfulness bear fruit and open their eyes to the Lord.
    Thank God she’s safe!

6. musingsofmanettekay June 7, 2022 / 7:24 pm

God is magnificent! What a wonderful thing He has done. May the testimony glorify His name and point many to Him.

7. Paul Martin June 8, 2022 / 4:14 am

Isn’t it COOL how God gets us praying at the RIGHT time for the RIGHT situation? Wow!!! That’s the AWESOME God that we serve!!! Thankful that she is ok, and that God protected her!!!

• Paul Martin June 8, 2022 / 4:15 am

BTW… Good to see a post from you!!! Miss reading your blog! Hope all is well with you

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote June 8, 2022 / 4:45 am

I pray for my children, grandchildren, great-grandson, and stepdaughter every single day. But there are times when I get the strong sense that one of them is in serious trouble, and I pray right then for that particular one.

A few years ago, I somehow knew that my youngest son, who was in his mid thirties then, was about to die. I got down on my kitchen floor and begged God to save my son. He called me a few minutes later and told me that he had just almost choked to death! It must have been an extremely close call, because I got this text from him on April 29 of this year:
      I just remembered my tombstone almost read 4/29/16.

WOW — God’s grace is AMAZING!!!!!

8. seekingdivineperspective June 8, 2022 / 9:38 pm

God doesn’t have to point out these “coincidences” but He does. What thrilling evidence of the power of prayer. I can’t tell you how many times I have experienced or heard this kind of timing, to the point where it can’t be called coincidence. I’m so glad your stepdaughter is OK!

9. Nancy Ruegg June 17, 2022 / 2:51 pm

I can’t explain how, but I KNOW that prayer works! God has somehow given us the privilege to participate with him through prayer in his miraculous acts. This story proves its power! I’m so glad you shared this, Linda, as an encouragement for us all to KEEP praying!

• Linda Lee Adams/Lady Quixote June 17, 2022 / 3:25 pm

Thank you so much for your encouraging words, Nancy. Yesterday, my stepdaughter came by to visit her dad and me, it was the first time we had seen her in almost a month. She told us that the day after this inmate attacked her, he attacked three other correction officers, at the same time. All three of them were injured and needed medical care. One of the injured officers needed stitches after the assault.

My stepdaughter showed us her right forearm. “This is the only injury I got,” she said, “and I was by myself when he attacked me.” On her arm is a small, barely visible bruise surrounded by several light scratches.

Yes, we all need to keep praying!

• Nancy Ruegg June 18, 2022 / 2:05 pm

May God keep, protect, and BLESS your stepdaughter for the important work she does!