Our Daughter Has Been Deployed to Help the Afghan Evacuees

I don’t use real names on my blog, so I will use just her first initial. ‘J’ is my husband’s daughter, but I love her like she’s my own. Our daughter works in a store on a military base, procuring and selling supplies to the troops. A 3-star General, impressed with her hard work, requested that ‘J’ join his company in working with the Afghan refugees that have recently arrived in the United States. ‘J’ readily agreed. She left yesterday for a 30 day deployment, which may turn into 60 days, according to a Colonel who met her at the site yesterday. She will be working 12 to 15 hours per day, with just one day off per week.

In the above picture, which was taken 3 days ago, I am helping our daughter with the button on the cuff of her new uniform. She is now considered Civilian Air Force, which I didn’t even know existed. She must wear this uniform throughout her deployment, and carry a pistol and a knife.

Her daddy and I would greatly appreciate your prayers for the protection of our precious daughter. Thank you so much. God bless. ❀

60 thoughts on “Our Daughter Has Been Deployed to Help the Afghan Evacuees

1. bornagain732 September 30, 2021 / 2:19 pm

You got it, Sis! πŸ™πŸ»β€οΈπŸ™ŒπŸ‘‘

2. bornagain732 September 30, 2021 / 2:20 pm

P. S. Beautiful picture!!!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 30, 2021 / 2:44 pm

Thank you! By the way, your first comment went to my spam folder. When I saw your P.S., I realized that you must have posted a previous comment. So I looked in the spam, and there it was.

There was a time when all of my comments were suddenly going to spam, even on the blogs that I had posted on before. If you find that happening with your comments, let me know, and I will share with you what I had to do to stop that from happening. Just reaching out to WP support did not help, I had to get in touch with the service that deals with comments, which is called askimet, if I remember correctly.

• Judy September 30, 2021 / 2:53 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I checked my spam and found a blog notification and a couple of comments. Hope WP works out the glitches quickly.

• bornagain732 September 30, 2021 / 7:49 pm

Oh wow! Thank you!!!

3. atimetoshare.me September 30, 2021 / 5:14 pm

Prayers for all of you❀️

4. Bruce Cooper September 30, 2021 / 5:32 pm

Added “J” to my prayer list Linda Lee, blessings!

5. Manu September 30, 2021 / 5:41 pm

May the Lord keep her safe and bless her and others through her willingness to serve.

6. Michelle September 30, 2021 / 6:25 pm

Keeping her in my prayers! I can’t imagine how terrifying it must be as parents to go through this. So I’m keeping you guys in my prayers as well!

7. Salvageable September 30, 2021 / 8:23 pm

God’s blessings to J and to the people she serves. May she be a blessing to them, and may good be done in their lives and in hers. J.

8. @preacherbiker September 30, 2021 / 9:14 pm

She’s great

9. Amy Blount September 30, 2021 / 9:16 pm

Praying for her. And for you and hubby as well. (We had quite a few if the refugees brought to a military camp in southern Indiana recently)

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 30, 2021 / 10:11 pm

Thank you, Annie. ❀

She just called and told me there is covid, measles, and tuberculosis in the camp.

10. readywriterpublications October 1, 2021 / 6:12 am

Will pray for J, Linda… also that she’ll be protected from the TB, Covid & Measles you mention. By the way, your hair is lovely. I’ve noticed a lot people with longer hair here during lockdown which is interesting!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 1, 2021 / 8:27 am

Thank you so much, Elizabeth. ❀

That is interesting about the longer hair. I am planning to cut about three or four inches off my hair today, because it keeps getting caught in things. And when I bend over, it touches the dirty ground. Icky!

11. Lisa Beth October 1, 2021 / 3:34 pm

Thank you for sharing this, we’ll be praying for “J” – may the Lord speak to her heart and fill her to overflowing, even upon those refugees.

12. Cathy October 2, 2021 / 4:55 am

We will be praying for your daughter and for you and your husband as well.

13. The Wheelchair Teen October 2, 2021 / 7:22 am

I’ll definitely remember to keep her in my daily prayers. It’s amazing work that she must be preparing to do. Helping people who have been through such hard times must not be easy. I can imagine that you are very proud of her ❀

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 2, 2021 / 7:41 am

Thank you, Simone. J called me again last night and told me that her day was very hard. She said that after working there just two days, she feels like she has already been there two months. But she said she is glad that she is doing this. When the children see her, they run up to her and want to hug her, and she wishes that she could take all the children home with her.

14. ibikenyc October 5, 2021 / 9:11 am

Adding my prayers for all of you ❀

What a beautiful, noble thing she is doing for all of us! I am truly Grateful for her service πŸ™‚

(Your hair is MAGNIFICENT!)

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 5, 2021 / 9:43 am

Thank you so much! Oh wow, it is GREAT to hear from you. I realized several days ago that I hadn’t seen any new comments or likes posted by you in awhile, and I was worried. I said some prayers for my NYC biker friend. ❀ ❀ ❀

• ibikenyc October 5, 2021 / 12:28 pm

I’m sorry my absensce caused you more worry than you already had 😦

However, it’s nice to be missed πŸ™‚

I went through a bunch of the Lost Days of depression. Feeling a little brighter now, though.

Thank you SO much for your prayers! ❀ I've been getting all kinds of new insights. Now I know why ❀

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 5, 2021 / 1:08 pm

Depression is so awful. I know, I have been there. I will be praying even more for you, now.

If you want to communicate privately, I will be happy to send you my cell phone number through an email. Sometimes it helps just having someone to talk to who gets it.

• ibikenyc October 7, 2021 / 7:02 am

Oh, Linda! Thank you so much! This is incredibly kind, and I am very touched ❀

15. Nancy Ruegg October 5, 2021 / 2:16 pm

I already pray for you Linda as you work on your memoirs. I will gladly add J. to to the list. May God use her in powerful ways to minister to these refugees.

16. Paul Martin October 7, 2021 / 5:43 am

I haven’t been seeing when you post something… I just now saw this! I used to get a notification when you post, (because I follow your blog) but I haven’t been seeing them lately. πŸ€”.. Anyways, I am praying!!! Thank your daughter for her service!!! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 7, 2021 / 6:32 am

Thank you so much, Paul. I greatly appreciate your prayers. And I will tell her what you said.

Our daughter called us last night on zoom. She said that the person she reports to every day now that she is deployed, sent a request to her general manager back on the base where she normally works, asking if she can stay until December 30. Apparently they really like her work with the evacuees. But oh man we miss her so much!

I have had the same problem of not being notified when someone that I am following, posts a new blog. In my case, I don’t know if it’s a WP glitch or if I am doing something wrong. Anyway, it’s great to see your comment here. I pray that things are going better for you and your family.

17. Renee🌻 October 8, 2021 / 6:15 pm

Praying a hedge of protection around your daughter! Hope all is well! Your hair is gorgeous! 😍