The Miracle of the 9/11 World Trade Center Bible

On March 30, 2002, a firefighter searching for victims of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks at the World Trade Center in New York, is reported to have discovered a burnt Bible fused to a piece of steel. The barely legible top page is open to the Sermon on the Mount from Matthew 5, where Jesus speaks of “an eye for an eye” followed by “resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.”

Watch this History channel video:

The above image, video, and story were published by Jonathan Petersen Content manager for Bible Gateway, on September 8, 2016.

12 thoughts on “The Miracle of the 9/11 World Trade Center Bible

1. @preacherbiker September 11, 2021 / 2:59 pm

WOW JUST WOW

2. bornagain732 September 11, 2021 / 5:04 pm

I was reminded of these words that Jesus spoke:
    ❤️Matthew 24:35
    35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

3. mitchteemley September 11, 2021 / 5:19 pm

I’d forgotten about that till now, Linda. Such a wonderful “coincidence.”

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 12, 2021 / 7:17 am

When I first saw this story on Bible Gateway, I assumed that the Bible was probably kept in someone’s office in the World Trade Center. But regardless of where it came from, I would like to know how paper could fuse to steel and still be readable. Amazing.

Are you from that area, Nyssa? I am not familiar with the church you mention, I will have to ask my husband. He was born in Brooklyn and grew up on Staten Island. He knew several of the people who were killed in the towers that terrible day. Yesterday was hard for him, with his PTSD. He was comforted by this story. I hope it helped you too. ❤

• Nyssa The Hobbit September 12, 2021 / 7:28 am

I’m not from there, but it’s my denomination, so I’ve been hearing about it for many years. St. Nicholas was right by the towers and went down with them. They’re still rebuilding.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 12, 2021 / 8:31 am

I just looked it up online. St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church. This Bible fragment could very well have come from there.

4. Renee🌻 September 12, 2021 / 2:33 pm

Linda, this is the most amazing story! In the shape of a heart! God keeps blowing my mind every single day! Oh how He loves us!💜🎁 📖

• Renee🌻 September 13, 2021 / 4:42 pm

You were so right, Linda! I loved it! 🥰💯 God’s love and grace are definitely amazing and then some!💜