Don’t let them touch you

I really, REALLY needed to read this today! I also needed to read Psalms 94, which another blogger shared this morning. Thank you Pastor Dave, and thanks to Cindy Dawson, author of the blog Real Christian Women, for your timely posts! Today I am going to my son’s wedding rehearsal, and this Sunday I will go to my son’s wedding. A very abusive ex, who almost caused my death twice, will be there today and Sunday, and also on Monday, for a celebration of my granddaughter’s wedding. The two attacks on my life happened in 1988, but I still bear the physical and mental effects. So yes, I needed to read both of these posts, today!

Here is a link to Cindy’s post on Psalms 94: https://realchristianwomen.blog/2021/09/03/fridays-verse-9-3-21/ — the link to Pastor Dave’s excellent ‘Don’t let them touch you’ post is below. Thank you so much for stopping by and God bless! ((HUGS))

Grace for my Heart

It’s Narcissist Friday!

(Continuing the series: “For My Grandchildren”)

From the time you were little, your parents and others have told you that people were not supposed to touch you in certain ways. Certain parts of your body were yours alone, and others were not supposed to touch them. This was especially true regarding people who were not your parents or doctors.

You didn’t understand this at the time, but the reason was that touch is a powerful action that breaks down boundaries. Once a boundary is crossed, it is far easier for someone to cross it again. Many teenagers felt this as they dated and experienced relationships.

As an adult, you may have begun to understand that even “innocent” touch can be manipulative and intrusive. There are people who use touch to control, and it works. From shaking hands to an arm around the waist, touch is used by…

View original post 675 more words

13 thoughts on “Don’t let them touch you

1. bornagain732 September 3, 2021 / 8:08 am

Prayer for you my sweet friend and sister in the Lord Jesus the Christ -May the love of Jesus shine through in a time such as this 🙏🏻🙌❤️

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 3, 2021 / 8:15 am

BETH!! Guess what just now happened! A pastor friend from Albuquerque, who sends a daily Bible verse by text to a couple of hundred people, just sent out his daily text. It’s a verse from Psalms 94!!!!!! This was totally God!!!!!

2. atimetoshare.me September 3, 2021 / 9:00 am

Prayers that you will be able to enjoy both of these joyous occasions without fear of remembering things that no longer hold you. May God be with you through it all. He can move mountains – don’t forget.

3. Cathy September 3, 2021 / 1:20 pm

We will be praying for you! I’ve had to deal with a similar situation, several years ago, at my granddaughter’s graduation. The Lord brought me through and he will do the same for you. 🙌❤️

4. granonine September 3, 2021 / 5:05 pm

Excellent material. Sadly, I’m afraid this is a problem that isn’t going to be solved until the Lord returns, human nature being what it is. But at least the word is out there these days that women don’t have to just put up and shut up.

5. Anna Waldherr September 5, 2021 / 11:20 am

May God keep His hand of protection on you, and grant you much joy, Linda. Love, A. ❤ ❤ ❤

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 5, 2021 / 11:53 pm

Thank you, Anna. This has been an amazing time. The wedding was so precious. And tomorrow, we are all going to Hershey Park to celebrate my granddaughter’s birthday. Wow, I need to get to sleep.