Flying to my son’s wedding – UPDATE

I don’t know what’s going on. After flying from Amarillo to Dallas, the connecting flight out of Dallas to Philadelphia has been delayed for over an hour. It probably has something to do with tropical storm Ida. Fun times!

UPDATE: Finally I have a WiFi connection. My flight out of Dallas was delayed by an hour and a half, due to the tropical storm Ida. The 3 hour 17 minute flight was smooth until the last 30 or 40 minutes, when we hit rough turbulence coming into Philadelphia airport. It was like riding a roller coaster, part of that time. The landing was smooth, yaaay! I almost wanted to kiss the ground but I couldn’t because it was flooded!

The drive to my son’s house took an hour longer than it normally would, because many roads were flooded and several trees were down and lying in the roads because of the storm. We all got Flash Flood Warning notices on our cell phones, telling us not to drive unless you are being evacuated. The car hydroplaned several times, but we made it! πŸ€—

Rehearsal dinner is tomorrow, the wedding is Sunday. Today I’m just going to recover from my trip. Thank you for stopping by. God bless. ((HUGS)) ❀

31 thoughts on “Flying to my son’s wedding – UPDATE

1. Blue Collar Theologian September 1, 2021 / 2:47 pm

We are having HORRIFIC rain in Lancaster and York. We are under a tornado watch until 10pm. All Schools in the area dismissed at 12. As much as you don’t want to be stuck at the airport, be glad you’re not in the air!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 2, 2021 / 9:56 am

I hope you are okay, Mandy! We drove through that, all the way from Philadelphia to Lancaster. Flooded streets and several times we had to go around trees that had been blown down into the streets. It’s a beautiful day today, though. And yaay I just figured out how to access my blog from my phone!

• Blue Collar Theologian September 2, 2021 / 11:43 am

Praise God you made it! I saw your message that you landed safely and I’ve been running around and forgot to ask how you were doing! Praise God for today’s weather, yesterday was something else! Enjoy your day of rest and I am smiling about you accessing your blog from your phone, yea God for learning new things! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ§‘πŸ§‘πŸΆπŸΆ

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 2, 2021 / 9:58 am

Thank you so much for your prayers! I finally figured out how to access WiFi on my phone so I could update this post and answer comments.

2. kavyag September 1, 2021 / 2:51 pm

Enjoy the day my loveliest grandma 😍😍😍 I am so happy for you. Best wishes and happy married life from my side to your Son and soon to be daughter in law ❀️❀️❀️

3. bornagain732 September 1, 2021 / 3:29 pm

πŸ™πŸ»β€οΈ

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 2, 2021 / 10:01 am

Thank you so much for your prayers and love, dear sister Beth. And yaay I finally figured out how to access WiFi and get on my blog on my phone. ((HUGS))

• kavyag September 2, 2021 / 10:19 am

Your Welcome Dear πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
        Blessings to you all πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

• bornagain732 September 3, 2021 / 8:11 am

Yay! Sorry I just saw this 😘

4. granonine September 1, 2021 / 3:59 pm

I live about 45 miles north of Philly. We have tornado warning, heavy rain, winds. Possible flash flooding. These usually blow over fairly quickly. Hold on!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 2, 2021 / 10:05 am

Hi Linda! I finally figured out how to access WiFi here and get on my blog via my cell phone. I hope you made it through the storms okay. The drive from Philadelphia to Lancaster last night involved detours around flooded and impassable streets, and several trees that the tornado apparently blew into the streets. But we made it, thank the Lord!!

5. oldandblessed September 1, 2021 / 4:45 pm

Laying all things natural aside that may effect flying, flying isn’t fun like it used to be. I flew a lot in my career, and before 911, it was an absolute joy. I pray you enjoy this trip and all it has to offer.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 2, 2021 / 10:08 am

Yes, 911 changed the flying experience in all kinds of ways. I had a very invasive pat down at the Amarillo airport yesterday. But I made it through and it’s great to be here! Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers.

6. Amy Blount September 1, 2021 / 10:09 pm

I hope you behaved on your flight and didn’t have to be duct taped to your chair. I’m sorry I couldn’t resist that joke.
    Safe travels to you!

7. seekingdivineperspective September 2, 2021 / 8:28 am

I think you’re right about Ida. Philadelphia was on the news this morning. Hope you got there safely! Love and congrats to your son! ❀️❀️

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 2, 2021 / 10:19 am

Thanks, Annie. Coming into Philadelphia airport on that big jet was like riding a roller coaster. My son picked me up and we drove to Lancaster through a flash flood warning, detouring around impassable flooded roads and trees that had blown down into the streets. But we made it yaaay! It’s great to be here. ❀

8. Cathy September 2, 2021 / 10:02 am

Glad you arrived safely! Historic flooding up north. Photos online are unbelievable!

9. Renee🌻 September 2, 2021 / 10:42 am

Linda, I am so glad you are ok!!! That hurricane messed a lot of areas up! It’s crazy how far it went and damages the different areas. My oldest daughter is still without power in LA. We had a road wash out in our area from the flooding that killed 2 and and injured several. It was so so sad. Im glad you were able to be with your son after all you went through to get there! πŸ™ŒπŸΌ Hope you get rested up from the stress of it all. πŸ™πŸΌ

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 2, 2021 / 1:21 pm

Oh no, that’s so sad about the flooding in your area. I hope your daughter gets her power back soon. I have a cousin in Louisiana, she tells me her daughter and her family in Baton Rouge is without power. I’m glad you are okay. I took a long nap, just got up. I feel much better now.

• Renee🌻 September 2, 2021 / 3:10 pm

She isn’t as far south as your cousin. The flooding was the worst in those parts, but still a problem there. 😒 Thank you! Naps work wonders! Hope the wedding will be beautiful! You will have to post pics!

10. Invisibly Me September 3, 2021 / 9:57 am

Yikes, I’m glad at least the plane landing was smooth. I think I would have peed my pants with the turbulence and with the car hydroplaning. I’m glad you made it there safely though – some time to recover after all the delays and the scary rides sounds like a good idea! I hope all goes well for the rehearsal and that you all enjoy the wedding on Sunday – congratulations in advance to your son and his soon-to-be-wife! πŸ’β€οΈ

Caz xx

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 3, 2021 / 4:39 pm

Thank you so much. The rehearsal and dinner went great! Knowing that I have so many caring blogger friends who are thinking and praying for me, gives me extra strength. ❀