A Different Kind of Bucket List — White Hair Grace

Hello, dear blogger friends. Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote, here. I haven’t posted a new blog in almost a month, because I am still dealing with some residual tiredness and brain fog after having covid -19.

I saw my doctor yesterday and she said I should be good to go to my son’s wedding in September. I will be flying out on September 1, yaay! In the meantime, my doctor prescribed an inhaler with an anti-inflammatory to help me get rid of my lingering cough. I don’t want to be coughing on the plane, or while I am — get ready for it! — walking my son down the aisle!! That’s right, my son is marrying a wonderful young lady from the Dominican Republic. Months ago she told me that in her country, it is a tradition for the mother of the groom to accompany him down the aisle, as the father of the bride walks the bride down the aisle. She asked if I would be willing to do that, and I said of course! How cool is that!?!

I have several things that I want to blog about, but my brain is still too foggy to put a coherent post together. In the meantime, please read this beautiful, amazing, awesome post written by a blogger I recently discovered, thanks to Mitch Teemley.

Oops, my brain fog is kicking in. Sigh. So now, without further ado, please read ‘A Different Kind of Bucket List’ by the amazing author of the blog White Hair Grace:

“I love when people that have been through hell walk out of the flames carrying buckets of water for those still consumed by the fire.” Stephanie Sparkles The one thing that I could feel just then was that I was walking out of hell itself. I had just left the hospital after my sixth and […]

A Different Kind of Bucket List — white hair grace

35 thoughts on “A Different Kind of Bucket List — White Hair Grace

1. Renee🌻 August 13, 2021 / 11:14 am

That is amazing Linda! What a tradition! I’m so thankful you will be able to do that for your son! Praying for you right now dear friend to get completely well of covid. I feel for you as my hubby and myself have been battling, as well. Hope the wedding is beautiful and you all have a good time in September! 🤗💜

2. oldandblessed August 13, 2021 / 11:48 am

My New Mexico Friend, you’re having one of those “walking through the valley of the shadow of death experiences.” Of course, the main point is that you’re walking through. God blesses all of us to do that many times in life. We sometimes take the experience for granted. I’m sure that’s not the case with you.

Get well soon. I miss seeing your presence in cyberspsce. God bless you and yours.

3. K.L. Hale August 13, 2021 / 1:01 pm

Linda, this is awesome! (not that you had Covid or brain fog!) What a wonderful tradition to be able to walk your son down the aisle. Congratulations! And I’m so happy you’re better and I found you today. I just got tested this morning for Covid. It feels as though I have a severe cold. I live with brain fog due to my brain injury; but a friend I was with for 5 hours last Saturday tested positive so I thought I had better rule it out. Take care! Peace and prayers to you all!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote August 13, 2021 / 1:11 pm

Awww, thank you. In my brain fog, I somehow sent your message to trash as I was trying to reply. Thank goodness, I remembered how to get it out of trash again, lol. I too have had serious head traumas, so I know what you mean. I’m saying a prayer for you right now.

I was fully vaccinated about two weeks before I got the covid, which may have lessened the severity. I probably caught it while taking care of my husband’s great-grandchildren, after their pregnant mom went into the hospital with covid. Fours years old and ten months old, they were both very clingy, so I held them in my arms most of the day. I don’t regret it, I love those little darlings.

• K.L. Hale August 13, 2021 / 1:19 pm

Aww what a sweet time you had holding the little ones! How precious! And I’m glad I’m able to “see” and talk to you today! And super happy you’re well! Thank you for the prayers sweet lady! ❤🤍❤🤍 I’m sending them right back!

4. Blue Collar Theologian August 13, 2021 / 2:08 pm

So glad you’ll be able to travel to the area! What a fascinating tradition! You are gonna do great! Love and blessings!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote August 13, 2021 / 3:37 pm

Thank you, Mandy. Originally my husband and I were going to rent an RV and travel with our dogs to the area. Unfortunately, he is still too weak from his cancer treatment to make such a long drive, plus the cost involved in getting his grandchildren from Arizona and later returning them to their mother after she was well, ate a really big hole in our budget. I will miss my hubby and our sweet fur babies, but I’m very thankful that I can go.

5. Lee Poskey August 13, 2021 / 4:37 pm

Hey that’s cool that you get to do that!

Have fun sister!

6. Perth Girl August 13, 2021 / 5:22 pm

What a beautiful tradition to walk your son down the aisle. Glad you are feeling better and hope you feel even better when it comes time to travel. And have a beautiful and wonderful time in September

7. SoundEagle 🦅ೋღஜஇ August 13, 2021 / 5:46 pm

Dear Linda Lee/Lady Quixote,

I have had the pleasure of reading a number of your pages and posts. You have indeed been through a great deal in life.

May you have a speedy recovery and may you enjoy a wonderful time at your son’s wedding in September!

May you soon be cool, calm and collected after the storm!

I would like to wish you all the best in the final month of summer as follows:

In SUMMER the song sings itself” ― William Carlos Williams

May you find the rest of 2021 very much to your liking and highly conducive to your writing, reading, thinking and composing whatever posts that take your intellectual fancy or show off your imaginative flight and engaging disposition with flair!

Yours sincerely,
    SoundEagle

8. Cathy August 14, 2021 / 12:57 pm

Praying you make a full recovery and for blessings on your trip. 🙏❤️

9. @preacherbiker August 14, 2021 / 2:43 pm

You will be great!

10. marianbeaman August 14, 2021 / 3:34 pm

Linda Lee, I am so thankful you are feeling better and have a happy occasion to look forward to in September. One of my favorite students came from the Dominican Republic. Cheers to you and to the happy couple. Hugs!

11. hatrack4 August 14, 2021 / 5:05 pm

Have a great time at your son’s wedding. I pray that the fog lifts. I have been foggy since Thursday. We had a 13 hour power outage, so no CPAP, no A/C, no fan, and it was in the 70s all night. No sleep and even with sleep since then, I feel foggy. I am glad you are feeling a bit better and I pray even more better in a month.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote August 14, 2021 / 5:46 pm

No CPAP? No wonder you are foggy. My husband sleeps with both a CPAP and an oxygen concentrator machine, both of which run on electricity. After our last power outage, we got a generator powerful enough to run both.

Thank you for your prayer. I’m already feeling better, since I started on the new anti-inflammatory inhaler my doctor prescribed.

12. Anna Waldherr August 15, 2021 / 2:14 pm

Congratulations, Linda! How wonderful that your son has found his love, and that you will be walking him down the aisle! I hope and pray that the last of the Covid symptoms disappear soon, and that all goes smoothy w/ the wedding. May God bless you and your entire family — including the new bride. ❤ ❤ ❤

13. kavyag August 16, 2021 / 10:21 am

Traditions can just be so awesome! I am glad you are getting this opportunity. You will be more healthier than ever on your Son’s wedding.

14. kavyag August 16, 2021 / 11:38 pm

Your Welcome 🥰🤗😊😘

15. readywriterpublications August 17, 2021 / 12:34 pm

Will be thinking of you on 1st September Linda and praying everything goes really well for you all and you have a most enjoyable time. You deserve some good experiences after all you’ve been through. X