Update on Sarah, our pregnant granddaughter with covid-19

Like I explained in yesterday’s post, Sarah, my husband’s 27-year-old granddaughter, has tested positive for covid-19. She is also nine months pregnant. Her due date was last Friday.

Yesterday, Sarah’s doctor sent her to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing. Today, the hospital sent her home, despite the fact that she is still very short of breath. They gave her some kind of an apparatus to help her breathe, and told her to come back if she gets worse, or if she goes into labor. This hospital is in Phoenix, Arizona. Our guess is that the hospital is too full, otherwise why would they send her home in this condition?

Sarah has a four-year-old son and a ten-month-old daughter at home. She is too sick to care for them properly, and she could not find anyone local who was willing to help her. This morning Sarah called her mom, my husband’s daughter, and asked if she could come and get the children until Sarah is well enough to take care of them again.

My stepdaughter lives in New Mexico, about an hour away from her dad and me. She works for the Department of Defense. She had some leave coming that she will soon loose if she does not take it, so she called her job to let them know what is going on, and then got ready for the six hundred mile/ten hour drive from her house to Phoenix.

When I told my husband what was happening, he jumped up and said “I’m not going to let her drive all that way by herself, I am going with her.” My husband is still undergoing daily radiation treatment for cancer. He only has five more treatments to go. I tried to talk him into letting me go instead, but he would not hear of it. He knows I’m not that good at handling long road trips, because of some bad accidents I have witnessed in the past.

My awesome husband and his very precious daughter left almost four hours ago. They expect to reach Phoenix at around three o’clock in the morning, and head back here to New Mexico with the children sometime tomorrow.

I love my husband and my stepdaughter so much. I feel like my stomach is tied in knots right now. It’s been feeling this way, ever since yesterday when we got the news that Sarah has covid. I’m doing a lot of praying and trying not to fear the worst.

I appreciate everyone’s prayers so much. Please don’t stop praying! Thank you!

This is my husband, Sarah’s grandfather. Please pray he doesn’t get covid-19, and the cancer is cured!

51 thoughts on “Update on Sarah, our pregnant granddaughter with covid-19

1. Perth Girl June 14, 2021 / 9:22 pm

Prayer for safe travel, peace for you and continued prayer for healing for Sarah and a safe delivery of a healthy baby.

2. number1advocate June 14, 2021 / 10:05 pm

Sending my energy your way, for Sarah, for your husband and daughter, and for you. Linda Lee/Lady Quixote, I really like your openness that you are comfortable sharing with the world. It takes a lot of courage to do that. I really pray I’m not making this about me by telling you that your comments on my blog warm my heart. I feel a little closer to you through you willingness to share so openly and honestly. You seem an awesome person. My heart goes out to you and your loved ones.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote June 14, 2021 / 10:11 pm

Thank you, Matt. I’m kind of overwhelmed right now. But this too shall pass, right? Meanwhile, it helps to remember my many blessings.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote June 15, 2021 / 7:13 am

Thank you! My husband and stepdaughter got about an hour away from Phoenix, and decided they were too tired to drive any further. So they stopped at a motel to get some sleep. That was around 2:30 a.m.

• hatrack4 June 15, 2021 / 7:52 am

Probably a great idea. I drove from Knoxville, TN to the Pittsburgh, PA after work one day in 2014 when I was still working, and when I started seeing phantom cars passing me, trying to cut me off in traffic, I knew it was time to get a hotel (about an hour and a half from home).

3. Bruce Cooper June 15, 2021 / 3:58 am

Hi LInda, I lifted all of you up in prayer, curious where Sarah’s husband is in all of this but glad to see that her children will be taken care of. Totally unreal that the hospital would have actually sent her back home. God knows all the moving parts and have asked for His grace in all of this. Take deep breaths and rest in Him. Blessings.

4. Lisa Beth June 15, 2021 / 4:17 am

Praying for you sister, your husband and family. May the Lord reveal Himself to you all through this calamity. 🌹

5. Cathy June 15, 2021 / 4:19 am

Will keep praying. May the Lord give traveling mercies and all of you His peace and comfort during this trial. ❤️🙏

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote June 15, 2021 / 7:19 am

Thank you! My husband and stepdaughter made it as far as Payson, Arizona, which is a little over an hour away from Phoenix, and decided they were too tired to drive any further. So they stopped at a motel to rest. That was around 2:30 a.m.

• Cathy June 15, 2021 / 7:24 am

It’s probably good that they stopped to rest. When they arrive in Phoenix they’ll be refreshed and more able to help. Praise God for keeping them safe! 🙌🙏❤️

6. bornagain732 June 15, 2021 / 5:33 am

How is everything going?!
    ((((((( ❤️ ))))))

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote June 15, 2021 / 7:20 am

Last I heard, around 2:30 a.m., my husband and stepdaughter stopped at a motel to get some sleep. Thank you so much for your prayers ❤

• bornagain732 June 15, 2021 / 1:37 pm

👍🏻🙌❤️

7. bornagain732 June 15, 2021 / 5:34 am

P.S. I’m not at all surprised your husband did that! You are all blessed to have him! My husband would do the same thing for our daughter!!! 🙌🙏🏻

8. ibikenyc June 15, 2021 / 12:53 pm

Oh, Linda. You must be so scared. I am praying for all of you ❤

9. ourlittleredhouseblog June 15, 2021 / 2:44 pm

Big, big prayers coming your way and for your family. That Gods sends angels to guard them and keep them safe, That God sends the right doctors and healers to help your husband’s granddaughter heal from covid and have a healthy and safe delivery. Phoenix has good doctors and healers here but there are some cruel ones too in this city. Our city is not the same city I was born and grew up in. It sadly has been taken over by greed, power and corruption it seems. I have run across some really cruel individuals here in Phoenix, in the medical environment, the city itself, and worst of all our public schools and the cruel ways some of the teachers and the union do not really help our children. I want to move from the city but just don’t know where to start a new life over. God bless you and your family Linda and I will keep you all in my prayers.

10. Nancy Ruegg June 15, 2021 / 3:58 pm

Praying right now, dear Linda, for all things related to this situation to work together and achieve GOOD because you love God and have answered his call for this purpose. I pray for healing for your granddaughter, strength and wisdom for all, and a healthy baby as well!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote June 15, 2021 / 4:58 pm

Thank you so much, Nancy. My husband and stepdaughter just left Phoenix about 30 minutes ago, with the two little ones and their clothes and things. Sarah is going back into the hospital now.

• Nancy Ruegg June 16, 2021 / 3:52 pm

Oh, I’m so glad Sarah is in the hospital, given her condition with a pending delivery. God help you all!

11. jarilissima June 15, 2021 / 6:49 pm

Praying for you and yours 💖 I’m so sorry you (all) are going through so much 💔 Please take care!

12. The Wheelchair Teen June 16, 2021 / 7:46 am

I’m so sorry to hear about this situation. Your husband seems like an incredible man for helping despite going through radiotherapy. I will be fiercly praying for this situation to improve. I can’t imagine what it must feel like for her to be pregnant and have Covid. I hope that God will protect both the baby and your granddaughter.