Validating Yourself — Cynthia Bailey-Rug

Cynthia Bailey-Rug is one of the best blog writers on the topic of surviving narcissistic abuse, if not THE best. I have been following her for years, because my Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, was caused by narcissistic abuse in my childhood and early adulthood.

I love all of her posts, but this new post today is one of my favorites. I needed to read this right now, especially as I am getting close to the end of writing the first draft of my memoir. Writing about my early life has made me realize that my survival truly is a miracle!

If you have ever been abused, or if you care about someone who has been abused, please read Cynthia’s post. Thank you for stopping by and God Bless. ~ Linda

Validating Yourself — Cynthia Bailey-Rug

Everyone needs validation. It’s simply a built in human need that God gave us all. For those of us who survived narcissistic abuse, invalidation was a way of life, so it’s only natural that we crave validation more than the average person. We want to be heard & understood for a change! The problem with […]

Validating Yourself — Cynthia Bailey-Rug

16 thoughts on “Validating Yourself — Cynthia Bailey-Rug

1. CynthiaBaileyRug June 2, 2021 / 7:34 am

Thank you so much not only for sharing this but for what you said. Thank you, thank you! Sending much love to you my friend! ❤

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote June 2, 2021 / 9:45 am

Thank YOU for the very helpful and informative posts you write. You are a tremendous blessing, my friend. ❤

2. Bruce Cooper June 2, 2021 / 7:42 am

Thank you for this intro to Cynthia, Linda. I decided to follow her posts. Blessings!

3. oldandblessed June 2, 2021 / 8:34 am

Cynthia’s blog was great. I don’t mean to sound like I’m full of myself; however, validation from others wasn’t always available to me for some things. Sure, my family was always there for me to provide support for many of the things on the lower rungs of Maslow’s hierarchy, but my thinking process has always been sort of “off the beaten path.” I couldn’t get what I would have wanted from my family to support me in some of my adventurous thoughts. I’ve been a dreamer and a fantasizer from early age. I learned how to give myself “ad a boys” at an early age. I’m probably a little warped now because of it, but God loves me anyway. 😎

4. Cindy Dawson June 2, 2021 / 9:16 am

Very good article. Thanks for sharing it. I will follow her, too. How are you feeling?

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote June 2, 2021 / 9:51 am

I’m glad you’re following Cynthia now. I’m feeling much better, thank you. Still have to be super careful though. Yesterday I was putting the lightweight comforter on the bed, moved wrong, and had to scream. Good thing our 3 rescue dogs have gotten used to hearing me scream, lol.

• Cindy Dawson June 2, 2021 / 10:08 am

Oh my! Rest, my friend! You have to let it heal. Forget the bed. Blessings, Linda!

5. jarilissima June 2, 2021 / 9:50 am

Thanks for sharing this. I too was raised by a narcissist, and it has been quite the journey to heal from all the insanity… and I’m almost 40.

Thanks again 🙂 And have a good day!

6. Renee🌻 June 2, 2021 / 11:03 am

This was a good share, Linda! Will go over and give her a follow! 💜

7. kavyag June 2, 2021 / 1:53 pm

Cynthia is a wonderful writer. I love her posts. She is so spot on at everything she writes.

8. thewheelchairteen June 4, 2021 / 8:30 am

I read the original post and commented : “Thank you so much for sharing this valuable advice, I have no doubt that it will reach and truly help someone who needs to hear this message. I only hear the phrase ‘feeling sorry for yourself’ in a negative way. I loved the point that you made about it.” Thanks once again for sharing this gem, Linda Lee. I’m happy it impacted you in such a positive way.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote June 4, 2021 / 10:07 am

Thank you, Simone. For some reason your comment went into my trash folder. I’m glad I checked, I never want your comments to go to trash!