26 thoughts on “I Used to be Ashamed of my Disability. Not Anymore. — The Wheelchair Teen

1. thewheelchairteen May 29, 2021 / 2:57 am

Oh my goodness, Linda Lee, thank you so much for these kind words and for sharing this! I’m honestly honoured that you think that I’m so inspirational. I put my heart and soul into that post and it’s about something that I really care about – being proud of who I am. Even though I just posted it a few hours ago, the response has already been incredible so I really appreciate you helping to spread the word about it. I’m truly lucky to have a friend like you 🙂

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 29, 2021 / 7:40 am

Awwww. I am so lucky to have a beautiful young friend like you!!!

It was 2 o’clock in the morning here when I saw your post. I am usually asleep at that time, but the puppy I found on the highway six weeks ago has some behavior issues, which often interferes with my sleep. Poor little thing, she just needs extra love and care to help her heal from her traumatic start in life.

I wish I could give you a big hug, Simone. You truly are a great inspiration to me. I am writing my memoir, writing at least a little every day. About three hours before I read your post, I had written about an extremely painful thing that happened to me when I was sixteen years old. It was the day that I left high school and never went back, because on that day, first the principal of that school, and then a group of teenage girls, let me know that I was not wanted there.

I had gone to enroll in the school that day, after having been released from a horrible mental institution. First, the head of the school, the principal, made it quite clear that he did not want a ‘crazy girl’ in his school. Then, during the lunch hour, a group of teenage girls walked up to me and said the most hurtful things…. at which point I left the school and never went back.

Simone, as I was writing this true story, I felt like I was sixteen again, reliving that terrible rejection again. A few hours later, as I read your BRAVE and BEAUTIFUL post, I just felt so amazed by you! Oh, if only I’d had your wonderful attitude in 1969 — how differently my life would have been! ❤❤❤

• kavyag May 30, 2021 / 2:29 am

It is so horrible how narcissistic mothers ruin our lives.

• kavyag May 30, 2021 / 7:08 am

Yes very much to the extent where my malignant narcissistic sister tried to kill me due to the triangulation and lies my malignant narcissistic mom fed to my sister.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 30, 2021 / 7:18 am

How very horrible. In my family, my parents were the malignant ones. I think it is a miracle for anyone to survive a childhood like yours and mine.

Do you have a blog? I clicked on your name and found that it went to a deleted blog. I would love to stay in touch somehow. Not everyone can understand these things!

God bless. I am going back to sleep now. I went to bed way too late last night, and the puppy woke me after less than 3 hours of sleep.

• kavyag May 30, 2021 / 7:22 am

My parents and sister are malignant narcissists, they truly are demons from hell. No dear I don’t have a blog. I would love to be in touch with you too, Truly no one gets us.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 30, 2021 / 7:32 am

Thank you! I have deleted your email address here to protect your privacy. I will send you an email from my Lady Quixote account.

• kavyag May 30, 2021 / 7:33 am

Sure. Thank You for being my friend.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 30, 2021 / 7:38 am

Thank you for reaching out! I just remembered that I am online right now using my old tablet that for some reason cannot access my Lady Quixote account. So I will send the email after my nap.

• kavyag May 30, 2021 / 7:39 am

Sure. Take your time.

• kavyag May 30, 2021 / 12:23 pm

I read the mail Linda. I replied.

• kavyag May 30, 2021 / 8:09 am

I am so happy to meet you.

• thewheelchairteen May 30, 2021 / 11:14 am

I was almost in tears while I was reading this comment. First of all, I’m so sorry that you had to live through that horrible event. To deny someone education because of their past is a truly wicked thing to do. I wish that you and I had known each other when we were younger, I hope that I would’ve been less judgemental than those other girls. To be honest, you’re a huge inspiration to me too. You’ve been through so much, much more than the average person will see in their lifetime. And yet here you are – still shining, having faith in God, and sharing your story for the world to see. It made me feel emotional that words that I had written had such a huge impact on you and your day. I started my blog with almost no expectations. No one read my first few posts but my family. I’m overjoyed that my story is reaching people like you, and that you genuinely enjoy reading it. It makes me feel like my writing has a purpose. Thank you so much for sharing this with me.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 30, 2021 / 4:29 pm

Dear, precious, beautiful Simone. I am thanking God for you right now. With ((HUGS)) and Love and tears in my eyes. ❤

2. Christine C Sponsler May 29, 2021 / 8:20 pm

You are such and inspiration. Thank you for sharing so much love with the world. Blessings and honor, Christine C Sponsler

3. lilyofthevalley777 May 29, 2021 / 11:29 pm

She’s quite the inspiration alright, with a beautiful smile. Thanks for sharing her blog. Her story reminded me of a quote from someone who was applying for the job position of life auxiliary for Philip, who had a hangliding accident which led to him becoming a quadriplegic, in the movie Upside. He said “I don’t see the ‘disability’, I see ‘this ability’.”… Simone shines through her disability. 😊❤