Growing Old — My Good Time Stories

Photo by Matthias Zomer from Pexels

If you’re getting old — even just a little bit, like me — you have to read this. Thanks to Mitch Teemley for reblogging this first. I needed these laughs, especially with the medical tests I am having today. Eeek! I mean… LOL!! 😀

Ahhh…getting old. We are all getting old and some of us faster than others…ha ha ha! Today’s little blog contains a collection of hilarious little quips/thoughts that I think all of us would enjoy as we continue our journey through this life. Don’t be worried about your smartphone or TV spying on […]

Growing Old — My Good Time Stories

17 thoughts on “Growing Old — My Good Time Stories

1. Cathy May 27, 2021 / 8:32 am

“I’m at a place in my life where errands are starting to count as going out.” … Yup! 😀

2. PreacherBiker May 27, 2021 / 11:27 am

Lol

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

3. lilyofthevalley777 May 27, 2021 / 11:47 pm

Heaps of laughter for his blog Linda. Thanks for reblogging. I loved it.
    Hope your appointment went ok today. How’syour neck and shoulder? 🙏 for you…and your hubby.
    Russ saw his doctor today too. He’s still not up to par from his first injection, so he’s getting another one. At least I am prepared as to what to expect from these lumbar injections. They’re only temporary.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 28, 2021 / 5:32 am

Good morning. I’m glad you enjoyed these. My husband saw a meme on Facebook yesterday that fits right in:
      My ability to remember song lyrics from the 60s, 70s, and 80s, far exceeds my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen. 😀

My appointment yesterday was interesting. I discovered several range of motion moves that I can not do, such as lean my right ear toward my right shoulder. The neurologist believes that I have a pinched nerve at around C6. He thinks my shoulder may also be injured. 3-D xrays were taken of my shoulders yesterday, and an MRI for my neck and shoulder was ordered. Depending on what the xrays and MRI find, I will be given a cortisone injection into the area with the pinched nerve. I am praying that I won’t need surgery. Praying for your husband too, that the injections will be all he needs.

4. thewheelchairteen May 28, 2021 / 8:56 am

Thanks so much for re-blogging this, it was hilarious. I liked it and commented: “I found this post after Linda Lee reblogged it. It really made my day, these were hilarious! As a teenager, I may not be able to relate to all of the old jokes, but I can still 100% relate to the eating unhealthily, not wanting to leave the house, and the money jokes. Ah, the broke life of a student….” XD

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 28, 2021 / 7:02 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed this, Simone. Every time I see a comment from you, it makes me smile. ❤❤❤

5. lilyofthevalley777 May 28, 2021 / 10:29 am

That meme is hilariously true. Oh well….😌
    Amen Linda. This getting older thing really gets in the way of a quality of life. What does the golden years really mean anyway, other than we’re just passing through and we weren’t meant to cling to this life, but live this life for Jesus until the appointed time He calls us home. I think about the Apostle Paul when he describes his perils during his travels in 2 Cor. 11:25-33, and realize ours is a light affliction (although painful), compared to what he endured. Be blessed and know we are all knit together in love by the Spirit of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 🙏❤

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 28, 2021 / 7:10 pm

I just quoted the scripture about our light affliction to my stepdaughter, less than half an hour ago. ❤

• lilyofthevalley777 May 29, 2021 / 9:41 pm

I hope she’s doing well, Linda. 🙏

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 29, 2021 / 10:03 pm

Thank you, she’s doing much better today. Yesterday, my stepdaughter and I were talking on the phone about some serious issues that she is having with one of her grown daughters, when suddenly the late afternoon sky turned pitch black and golf ball sized hail pounded her truck. Although it was more than a couple of hours before sunset, the sky turned so totally dark, so fast, that she could not even see the hail that was falling, or anything else. She actually thought at first that she was being attacked by some kind of artillery fire, because that’s what it sounded like to her! Her windshield was broken and her truck was badly damaged, all over, by the hail.

Our call dropped at the same moment that the storm hit. So I had no idea about what was going on. I kept trying to call her back, and when the call finally went through several minutes later, she was literally hysterical. We prayed together, the storm passed, and she made it safely home — still shaking, still in tears, but otherwise okay.

It was during my prayer for her that I quoted those scriptures. I said, “Lord, with all the things that have been going wrong in my precious stepdaughter’s life lately, it sure does not seem like these afflictions are very light! But we trust You Lord, that You are in control of these storms, and You are working for her a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory!”

6. Michelle May 29, 2021 / 7:47 pm

Cindy told me about your blog so I thought I would come check it out. I’m glad I did! I needed this laugh today!
    Also I wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers!

7. lilyofthevalley777 May 29, 2021 / 11:07 pm

Horrible for the storm she went through, and the unknowing for you, but awesome that you were there for her to reinforce Gods Word in her heart. God bless.❤