Asking for prayer please

I am in so much physical pain, I almost can’t bear it. My doctor has ordered tests, ultrasound, MRI, a repeat mammogram because my recent routine one was ‘inconclusive,’ and my doctor has referred me to a spine clinic. But all of these tests and appointments are days and weeks away. Meanwhile, the pain is growing worse.

A couple of Saturdays ago, I was in so much pain that my husband took me to the hospital emergency room. The ER doctor gave me an injection for the pain but it made little difference. They also took Xrays, which were inconclusive.

Right now, my husband is almost 200 miles away in Texas at a Veterans’ medical clinic. He is being treated for prostate cancer that has invaded his lymph gland system. I need to be healthy and strong for him. Please pray for my husband too!

I’m sorry to be a downer. I just need help. We have three rescue dogs that I am taking care of by myself. Sometimes when the pain is very intense, I involuntarily cry out, which is scaring our poor dogs.

What is causing this horrible pain? I don’t know and my doctor doesn’t know, which is why I need tests. About 21 years ago I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my neck and in the lumbar region of my spine. My doctor wanted me to have surgery then, to repair my damaged discs, but my insurance company would not approve it. Maybe this pain is from that, getting worse over the years.

By the way, the injuries to my spine were caused by extreme abuse. This pain is reminding me of that horrible abuse, which is a trigger for my PTSD.

Thank you for reading. Thank you for caring. Thank you for praying. Although I am 100% unworthy, apart from my faith in Christ, I have witnessed phenomenal miracles in response to prayer. So I know what a difference prayer can make. God bless you. I am praying for God to bless everyone who reads this and prays. ❤

72 thoughts on “Asking for prayer please

1. Tricia May 21, 2021 / 10:27 am

Praying for you and your family Linda. Seems like you guys have been through so much.

2. Rocky May 21, 2021 / 6:14 pm

Prayers sent for both of you Linda.

3. Beverley May 23, 2021 / 7:49 am

I am seeing this post late, but I am thanking God that you are feeling much better Linda and I am crying out to God that this pain will not return in Jesus name so that you will be strong for your husband and family. Praise God!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 23, 2021 / 9:25 am

I woke up a couple of hours ago feeling almost normal for the first time in over a month. Our God is SO GOOD! Thank you for praying ❤❤❤

• Beverley May 23, 2021 / 10:20 am

To God Be the glory. Stay well in His presence.

4. Cindy Dawson May 23, 2021 / 10:55 am

I am just seeing this, but I will be praying for you and your husband. I’m so sorry you are going through this. Love, Cindy

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 23, 2021 / 3:13 pm

Thank you! I was feeling much better, but now the pain is worse again, so prayer is very much appreciated. ❤

• Cindy Dawson May 23, 2021 / 5:20 pm

I will keep praying! Dear Lord, touch my friend Linda. Take away her pain. Give her doctors wisdom. We turn to you for you are our hope and we trust in you. Please take away her anxiety and fear. We lean on you. Thank you for helping her and hiding her in the shelter of your wing. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

5. ourlittleredhouseblog May 29, 2021 / 10:27 am

This is so upsetting, no one should suffer pain. I am just now catching up with some of my favorite bloggers and now am reading this. I am happy to hear you are feeling better. I’m still keeping you and your family in my prayers. In times like these we need to all keep love and prayers continuing every day to counter act the ugly and cruel things that happen in the world. I hope today you and your husband and furry family members are all feeling peace, love and no pain. God bless you and yours.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 29, 2021 / 10:34 am

Awww! Your kind words gave me happy tears. You are always so lovely and gracious. God bless you! ❤❤

6. Marie Q Rogers May 30, 2021 / 10:22 am

Linda, I have you and your husband in my prayers. Have you heard about Tapping or Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)? It’s being used to treat pain and PTSD. It has helped me with Fibromyalgia. There are free resources on line. I wish you the best!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 30, 2021 / 12:11 pm

Yes my husband does EFT and it helps him a lot. I tried both EFT and tapping with the same therapist, and it actually made me feel worse. I learned from Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s book, The Body Keeps the Score, that people like me, with complex ptsd, who have had multiple traumas of many different types over many years, often react negatively to EFT. He recommended neurofeedback treatments — NFT — for people such as I.

I had approximately 30 NFT sessions in 2017 and it made a world of difference! So much so, that my therapist said he believed I did not have PTSD anymore!!!

But after this one year plus of pandemic trauma, and my husband being diagnosed with cancer, and now my painful neck and shoulder injury, I think I could benefit from a few more neurofeedback sessions. it’s going to have to wait awhile though, probably at least until my husband’s daily radiation treatments are done, near the end of June.

Thank you so much for your prayers and your astute suggestions. Hmmm… I wonder if I could benefit from EFT or tapping now? My neurofeedback treatments made such a huge difference, maybe that will now be different, too. I am going to try it and see what happens. Thank you!