Asking for prayer please

I am in so much physical pain, I almost can’t bear it. My doctor has ordered tests, ultrasound, MRI, a repeat mammogram because my recent routine one was ‘inconclusive,’ and my doctor has referred me to a spine clinic. But all of these tests and appointments are days and weeks away. Meanwhile, the pain is growing worse.

A couple of Saturdays ago, I was in so much pain that my husband took me to the hospital emergency room. The ER doctor gave me an injection for the pain but it made little difference. They also took Xrays, which were inconclusive.

Right now, my husband is almost 200 miles away in Texas at a Veterans’ medical clinic. He is being treated for prostate cancer that has invaded his lymph gland system. I need to be healthy and strong for him. Please pray for my husband too!

I’m sorry to be a downer. I just need help. We have three rescue dogs that I am taking care of by myself. Sometimes when the pain is very intense, I involuntarily cry out, which is scaring our poor dogs.

What is causing this horrible pain? I don’t know and my doctor doesn’t know, which is why I need tests. About 21 years ago I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my neck and in the lumbar region of my spine. My doctor wanted me to have surgery then, to repair my damaged discs, but my insurance company would not approve it. Maybe this pain is from that, getting worse over the years.

By the way, the injuries to my spine were caused by extreme abuse. This pain is reminding me of that horrible abuse, which is a trigger for my PTSD.

Thank you for reading. Thank you for caring. Thank you for praying. Although I am 100% unworthy, apart from my faith in Christ, I have witnessed phenomenal miracles in response to prayer. So I know what a difference prayer can make. God bless you. I am praying for God to bless everyone who reads this and prays. ❤

72 thoughts on “Asking for prayer please

1. Renee🌻 May 20, 2021 / 9:35 am

I’m praying right now, Linda, for you and your hubby! I’m so sorry you
    are going through all this! Much love and prayers! 💜🤗🙏🏼

2. jarilissima May 20, 2021 / 9:59 am

I am so sorry to hear about everything that’s going on in your life. Please, don’t feel like you have to apologize. The least we can all do is pray for you and your husband 🙏 Do you have someone you can reach out to near you? Not just online, but someone close by?

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 20, 2021 / 10:50 am

Thank you so much. Yes, we do have some caring friends in the area. I don’t like to bother people, but if I absolutely have to have help, it’s comforting to know they are there.

• jarilissima May 20, 2021 / 11:03 am

They’re your friends, they won’t be bothered, really 🙂 You would do the same for them. Reach out if you have to, your friends will worry about you if you don’t.

I’ll add you both to my prayers. Take care of yourself ❤️ God bless ❤️

3. CynthiaBaileyRug May 20, 2021 / 10:29 am

Prayers said for both of you! Sending gentle hugs your way until the answer manifests! ❤

4. atimetoshare.me May 20, 2021 / 11:50 am

God will see you through this trying time. Remember that he’s always with you so all you need do is call out his name. When it seems like the world is crashing down around you, you can be confident of his presence. Sometimes it takes a while for the answers we want right now and that’s because God wants our dependence on him to grow within us. He never intentionally throws obstacles in our way without including a strong dose of patience. I will continue to pray for you, your husband and your dogs. He is the great physician. Hang in there and ask him for strength to get through it.

5. lilyofthevalley777 May 20, 2021 / 12:29 pm

As you already know Linda, I have you and your hubby covered in prayer. Sending hugs your way. ❤🙏

6. ken riddles May 20, 2021 / 12:49 pm

Lord out of your unlimited resources I pray you would send your healing relief to this sister in Jesus name. Thank you Lord.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 20, 2021 / 1:23 pm

Thank you. After my husband’s radiation treatment today, he called and told me that he is at the spine clinic in Amarillo, the same one that I have a new patient appointment with on May 27. My husband has spine issues too, mostly due to a break that happened when he was jumping out of an airplane over Vietnam. The spine clinic has helped him so much, I have hope they will be able to help me, too.

7. simplywendi May 20, 2021 / 1:54 pm

I am praying for you and your husband and will do so daily………..sending you heaps of love and light and gentle hugs.

8. oldandblessed May 20, 2021 / 2:18 pm

I wish you could give a better report. Pain isn’t the best of visitors to have at anytime. It’s very selfish, taking your attention away from everything else. I’m having a bit of difficulty with my left hip. It feels good for the most part; however, sudden movement causes discomfort. It feels similar to what I used to experience prior to me getting a hip replacement on the right hip almost nine years ago.

Your pain sounds much worse than mine. You’re in my prayers, friend in Christ. I’m sending up prayers for you and your groom for life. God bless you both.

9. mrsmariposa2014 May 20, 2021 / 2:45 pm

Sending prayers and love your way, dear Linda! Abba Father’s got you! ❤

10. Amanda May 20, 2021 / 3:32 pm

When one of us suffers we all suffer. My heart breaks for you and your husband. Prayers to our faithful God and Mighty Physician. ❤

11. readywriterpublications May 20, 2021 / 3:49 pm

Linda, so sorry to hear about this. I am praying for you right now and about the horrible memories that accompany all of this. May the Lord bless you and lift you out of this miserable time – and I pray for your husband also. I will continue to pray… Love and prayers, Elizabeth X

12. Perth Girl May 20, 2021 / 4:24 pm

Praying for you Linda, may the Lord relieve you of the pain and discomfort. May His hand be upon you and your husband during this time and may He provide healing and all that you need.
    May you find peace and strength in Him.

13. The Son Of God May 20, 2021 / 4:27 pm

Jesus, with just one touch from your Almighty creative hands, You have healed the sick and raised the dead. How amazing is your Lordship over all the earth, how powerful is your redeeming love. How great was your sacrifice to go before us and bring forgiveness and hope. By your stripes, We thank you for healing our dear sister Linda. Standing within your reign and rule We thank you for the total restoration of her body. May life and wellness grow in fullness until it overflows. Amen.

14. Blue Collar Theologian May 20, 2021 / 5:28 pm

Lord God, I second the prayers of our brothers and sisters offered here. Lord God, work in Linda and in her husband. Lord God, we know that You do not promise to bring us to Yourself physically whole but we do know that You will give us what we need to ensure. Lord God, help Linda and her husband to endure, thank You for giving Linda a kind, authentic and vulnerable heart to know when to ask for prayer. Lord God, I do not know what healing looks like for either of them but I do know that You hear and answer prayer. Lord God fill Linda and her family with the peace of Your Presence. Thank You for my Mama Linda who loves You and knows she is nothing and has nothing without You. Lord God, I pray for Linda’s puppies, You have called us to care for Your Creation which includes precious doggies so Lord please give Linda the strength she needs to care for them. Lord God, thank You for the care and companionship her puppies give to her! Lord God, be at the forefront of Linda’s mind so that when PTSD triggers, You will be there in her mind to extinguish the fiery arrows. Lord God, thank You for Linda. We trust You and love You and it’s Your Name Jesus we pray. Amen.

15. hatrack4 May 20, 2021 / 7:26 pm

I will continue to pray for you, and I could put you on our church’s prayer list if you would not mind. I am the secretary, but I will ask our team leader if you agree. It means about fifty more people praying.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 21, 2021 / 5:23 am

Thank you!!! I’m feeling better this morning. Actually got about 6 hours of sleep! I haven’t been able to sleep more than 3 or 4 hours at a time for days, because of the pain.

16. thewheelchairteen May 21, 2021 / 5:21 am

Of course you have my prayers, no need to apologise. I’m so sorry that both you and your husband are having to face such hardships. Even things that may seem small, like scaring the dogs, I know how important it can seem. I will be spending time praying for you every night and morning. I hope that it makes you feel a little better to know that you have devoted support all the way across the sea here in The Netherlands. You are loved, you are cared for, never forget that. Through prayer – we can fight this, and we won’t give up until we have.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote May 21, 2021 / 5:31 am

Thank you so much! Your sweet precious words fill my heart with joy! You are amazing and inspiring to me.

I feel much better this morning. I actually got about 6 hours of sleep. I haven’t been able to sleep more than 3 or 4 hours at a time because of the pain, since this whole thing started over a month ago.

I’m praying for you, too. All the way from New Mexico, USA. ❤❤❤

17. Cathy May 21, 2021 / 8:15 am

Just saw this. Been praying and will continue to pray with regard to this new update. I’m sorry you all are so far from the hospital. There was a time some of our doctors were 2 hours away. Not easy! Yours are even further it seems. I pray the Lord help you all in this difficult situation.