My husband… UPDATE :-)

He is out of surgery, talking and feeling good, except for a sore throat from the breathing tube. His radiation treatments will begin in a couple of weeks. Thank you everyone for your prayers ❤❤

As Ann Aschauer pointed out in the comments below, my husband was reading a novel titled Eye of the Storm in the above picture. She shared this uplifting music video with the same name:

52 thoughts on “My husband… UPDATE :-)

1. Brian (SearchingForLostSoul) March 25, 2021 / 9:12 am

Sending prayers

2. Bruce Cooper March 25, 2021 / 9:14 am

Hubby seems to be taking it all in stride. “Eye of the Storm” and calm as a rock. Prayers sent to Jesus to cover you both. Blessings.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 25, 2021 / 9:45 am

Not only that, but he’s bullet proof. There’s a scar above his right eyebrow from a bullet that ricocheted off his forehead when he was a U.S. Marine Corps rifleman, many years ago. ❤

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 25, 2021 / 10:06 am

AND he used to have a helmet with a long scratch across the top of it from when a big deer, a buck with a full rack, jumped over him as he was riding his motorcycle up a steep hill in the wilds of New Mexico.

I really shouldn’t worry so much about him, should I?

• Bruce Cooper March 25, 2021 / 10:13 am

I’m thinking that Jesus has him covered and he has the battle scars to prove it!

• lilyofthevalley777 March 25, 2021 / 6:09 pm

Excellent comment Bruce. Linda told me he’s a speed reader. He’s probably finished it by now. Blessings. ♡

3. Lesley March 25, 2021 / 10:45 am

He looks nice and comfy and relaxed reading his book. It’s always the same for other family members who do all the worrying! 😀

4. Lisa Beth March 25, 2021 / 11:20 am

Wow. Biker, Marine, believer…your husband must be that rare gem – a tough guy with a tender heart. May the Lord be glorified and honored as He sustains and heals your husband and keeps him by your side for many more years.
    Praying for you both, Linda Lee.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 25, 2021 / 11:45 am

Thank you so much. My husband is rare indeed! He is also a licensed chaplain.

I was so afraid to say yes to his marriage proposal, after all that I had been through. I wanted to stay just friends. Finally I prayed and asked God to give me a sign in the sky if I was supposed to marry him. I thought that would get me off the hook, because no way that would happen, right?

I looked up as soon as I finished my prayer and there was a rainbow over the mountain!

A couple of days later, I’m thinking that must have been a weird coincidence. So then I prayed for God to confirm His will with one more sign in the sky. I look up, hoping not to see another rainbow.

Nope, there wasn’t a rainbow that time. Instead, there was a cloud in the unmistakable shape of a Valentine heart.

That was almost 17 years ago.

• Lisa Beth March 25, 2021 / 12:03 pm

What a wonderful marriage testimony of our Good Shepherd bringing two sheep together! 💕

• ibikenyc March 26, 2021 / 11:13 am

These lovely stories have me weepy in a wonderful way 🙂

• lilyofthevalley777 March 26, 2021 / 9:52 pm

Awesome Linda. Most people don’t take time out to appreciate rainbows. I do, and always thank God for them.
        🌈
        I love how God gave you a double confirmation. Like Gideon with the fleece.
        Before we got married, Russ had told me he had prayed that God would bring a good woman into his life. I didn’t realize he was referring to me. That made my day. It was almost 2 years before he actually said the words I love you, and it was when I least expected it, but had yearned to hear them so much. It was well worth the wait. He taught me there’s a big difference between love and lust. I was such a naive young woman. Old emotional wounds can sometimes interfere with new budding relationships.

• lilyofthevalley777 March 25, 2021 / 6:13 pm

I couldn’t have said it any better myself, Lisa Beth. ♡

5. Amy Blount March 25, 2021 / 11:46 am

You both…will get through this just fine. Glad to hear it went ok. Will keep praying

6. Cathy March 25, 2021 / 1:08 pm

🙌 I’m so happy all went well! Will continue to pray.

7. escapingthecage0d76919ed5 March 25, 2021 / 1:56 pm

Praying for both of you as treatment progresses.

8. atimetoshare.me March 25, 2021 / 2:27 pm

Praising God❤️

9. @preacherbiker March 25, 2021 / 4:48 pm

10. hatrack4 March 25, 2021 / 4:48 pm

A Jack Higgins book that I have not read… I am glad that he is out of surgery and doing well, under the circumstances. My wife and I have both had the same problem (blessing?) in that the worst pain was the sore throat from being intubated. Maybe they do that to destract you from what they were really doing.

11. Paul Martin March 26, 2021 / 6:25 am

Been praying. Will KEEP PRAYING!! God’s got this, Linda!!! (Isa 41:10, Isa 26:3) MUCH love from Delaware!!… (soon to be somewhere else… Details forthcoming…)

12. ibikenyc March 26, 2021 / 11:14 am

YaHOOOO! He looks great! 😀

Continued prayers for both of you ❤

13. Beverley April 3, 2021 / 7:21 pm

Thanks for the update, Linda. We will continue to keep your husband in prayer. The resurrection power of Jesus Christ will heal him.