A Bittersweet – But Mostly Sweet – Anniversary

My husband ❤❤❤

Today is the 7th anniversary of my husband’s terrible motorcycle crash at 75 miles per hour. He should have died, but he lived! His helmet was destroyed, but his brain is undamaged! He broke many bones, but they have all healed!

He spent 13 days in intensive care in the Amarillo Veterans Hospital. His doctor initially believed that he was probably going to lose his badly injured and infected right leg, but he did not lose a single toe! Thank you, Jesus!

Today, my husband is being treated for cancer. But we are still trusting God. Through life and death, in sickness and in health: This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!

We don’t ride anymore. But we made some beautiful memories!

37 thoughts on “A Bittersweet – But Mostly Sweet – Anniversary

1. henhouselady March 17, 2021 / 12:15 pm

My husband and I have had our share of motorcycle accidents. Praying for his recovery from cancer.

2. Sue Cass March 17, 2021 / 12:17 pm

All praise, honor, and glory to our Great Healer.

3. Blue Collar Theologian March 17, 2021 / 12:28 pm

Praise God for y’all’s love! Beautiful! Thanking God for His preservation in the past and for helping y’all endure in this present time. Love and blessings sweet lady!

4. ken riddles March 17, 2021 / 12:51 pm

‘Through many dangers toils and snares you have already come…’ – God Bless you in your stedfast faith…! 🙏🏼

5. atimetoshare.me March 17, 2021 / 1:42 pm

Continued prayers for both of you as you thank God for good and bad times.

6. @preacherbiker March 17, 2021 / 2:01 pm

Awwww

7. lilyofthevalley777 March 17, 2021 / 2:39 pm

Wow, Linda Lee! That is a bitter, but oh so sweet story! Praise God he lived through that accident. I’m sure there were alot of prayers lifted up for him as well as Gods Angels all around him. Thanks be and all glory to God for his recovery and healing. ❤ Gods blessings to you and yours. 🙏

8. Paul Martin March 17, 2021 / 2:44 pm

Continued prayers for him and for you! It never ceases to amaze me of how AWESOME and GRACIOUS our God is!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 17, 2021 / 3:27 pm

Thank you so much for your prayers and your encouraging posts. I’m praying for you and your family, too. Blessings!

• Paul Martin March 23, 2021 / 7:24 am

For some reason, I can’t comment on any of your posts anymore. 🤷‍♂️ I’m wondering if you’ll even see this one…

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 23, 2021 / 10:55 am

Hi Paul! Yes, your comments are showing up. I just have my blog set so that I have to approve every comment, first. I set it that way years ago, not because of spammers, but because I had a scary guy stalking me all over the internet. I mean, seriously scary. Anyway.. it’s a long story. I never knew him in person and I don’t really understand why he got fixated on stalking me. He stalked and harassed me online every way he could for about two years. He was stalking one of my only female friends, too. When he finally stopped, it was a relief — until my friend discovered that he had died. Then I felt bad for him. Clearly, the guy had issues. But I learned from that, that it’s best to approve all comments before letting them post. The stalker’s first few comments were fine. Then suddenly he turned psycho.

Anyway. I always like getting your uplifting comments, Paul. When I don’t approve them right away, it usually means I am too busy to get online. Today has been BUSY!

I hope and pray that you and your family are well and safely situated. God bless!

9. Perth Girl March 17, 2021 / 5:25 pm

Praise God and may the Lords healing hand be upon him and clear him of the cancer.

10. oldandblessed March 17, 2021 / 5:51 pm

Looking back on a time when we received bad news about our health or the occurrence of some horrible event, gives us a great appreciation for God’s providence. We realize there’s no way we could have made it to this point without Him. Happy 7th anniversary to both of you!

11. lilyofthevalley777 March 17, 2021 / 10:58 pm

Linda, I was searching for a certain devotional book for myself and came across this one along the way. It’s written by a doctor with cancer (multiple myeloma). He was a pastor for 40 years and a military chaplain, and in 2018 he was diagnosed with cancer. He’s a third generation minister.
    The title is ‘Walking with God through Deep Valleys: Lessons on Finding Contentment when Life is Hard’, by Dr
    Stephen Gammon. It’s free to download if you have the Kindle app. Anyway I thought of you and your husband and just thought I’d pass it along to you in case it may bring strength and encouragement from the authors trust, faith and walk with God through his process. ♡🙏
    Susan

• lilyofthevalley777 March 18, 2021 / 9:24 am

You’re welcome Linda. ❤

• lilyofthevalley777 March 19, 2021 / 9:14 am

Is there a way I can communicate with you on a personal note by email perhaps?

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 19, 2021 / 11:18 am

For a few minutes, I thought you were Beverley, because your comment shows that you are affiliated with her blog, Becoming the Oil and the Wine. But you are Susan, right? I just sent you an email. I’m looking forward to hearing from you! ❤

• lilyofthevalley777 March 19, 2021 / 2:01 pm

That’s right. Beverley gave me an invitation to share my Christian poetry on her blog. I do go by Lilyofthevalley777. She was my first blog and now faraway friend and sister in Christ.

12. Cathy March 18, 2021 / 1:24 pm

We continue here to pray for you both. 🙏

13. Beverley March 22, 2021 / 3:30 pm

Amen! We are believing God for his total healing. The Lord did it before and He will do it again. Praise the Lord!