ADD and Prayer — inspired by Ann Aschauer

I just read a very cool post about ADD and Prayer, written by the author Ann Aschauer. Her post inspired me to write the following rambling comment:

Did you write this post, or did I? I have apparent ADD, apparent OCD, and apparent PTSD. An apparent alphabet soup of apparent disorders.

I have been told that I should stop writing about PTSD on my blog, because saying that my husband and I have both been diagnosed with PTSD is a negative confession. Too bad my blog is called A Blog About Healing from PTSD.

But I digress.

This post is an excerpt from your book, Barriers? I bought Barriers several months ago but haven’t read it yet, because… SQUIRREL!!

Here in eastern New Mexico, we don’t have tree squirrels. We have prairie dogs, which are considered a ground squirrel. Which I did not know until a fellow blogger pointed that out to me, after I had commented that we do not have squirrels. Still, when I see a prairie dog, I don’t think SQUIRREL! I think FLEAS! and HOLES IN THE YARD!

I need to find your book, Barriers. Where did I put it? Probably in my OCD junk room. I mean, my apparent OCD Priceless Treasures room.

My hubby wants to buy a storage shed so we can clean out his garage and my junk room. I don’t think that will help.

I just ate chocolate for breakfast. A lot of chocolate. I don’t think that’s helping, either. I know what I need now. ICE CREAM!

…Please follow the link below to Ann’s hilarious post. After reading it, my silly rambling ADD comment will make more sense. Maybe. Apparently. πŸ˜‰

Prayers and the ADD Mind by author Ann Aschauer — Seeking Divine Perspective

31 thoughts on “ADD and Prayer — inspired by Ann Aschauer

1. Bruce Cooper March 5, 2021 / 11:01 am

PTSD is a negative confession? Balderdash. I’m wondering what a positive confessions is! How about “I just stole your ice cream cone but I thoroughly enjoyed it!” But I digress. Blessings Linda Lee!

2. ibikenyc March 5, 2021 / 12:39 pm

Delightful!

Laughed out loud at the cartoon, although whaddaya expect if you leave the mac & cheese within reach of a dog?????

As far as your breakfast, I don’t know why that’s less okay than Cocoa Crispies, Cocoa Puffs, etc! Or even plain old hot cocoa! You go, girl!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 5, 2021 / 2:55 pm

You make an excellent point about the Cocoa cereals. At least my chocolate bars are gluten free.

Which reminds me, I haven’t had lunch…

3. Marty March 5, 2021 / 3:17 pm

Well I been writing about my ptsd fir a decade

All a few have healed reading my diatribe

It is therapy for me

4. hatrack4 March 5, 2021 / 3:43 pm

We need more negative confessions, not less. Have you ever thought of the corollary? A positive confession is bragging!! The more I know about anything, the more I know that I need God, not praise from other flawed people (although Likes aren’t a BAD thing). And God supports the idea of confession. But your post was priceless. And strangely, I saw a squirrel yesterday in our backyard. We are at least two houses away from the nearest tree. The squirrel seemed lost.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 5, 2021 / 4:26 pm

We need more negative confessions, not less. I love it! I will be using that. πŸ˜€

Poor lost squirrel. I hope he found his way home.

There are plenty of tree squirrels in the Albuquerque area, the central part of our state. I don’t know why we don’t have them here. Maybe it’s because of all the coyotes, mountain lions, black bears, rattlesnakes, and toxic bark scorpions. We live in the fun part of New Mexico.

• hatrack4 March 5, 2021 / 5:13 pm

Sounds like it. Are the scorpions toxic to the bark or humans?

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 5, 2021 / 6:15 pm

This particular type, the Arizona Bark Scorpion, are very toxic to animals and humans, particularly to small pets, small children, and the elderly. We have to have our home and yard sprayed several times a year.

• hatrack4 March 5, 2021 / 8:26 pm

Ouch. Your idea of the variety of predators could be the reason for certain small mammals being scarse. Then if the food supply might be an issue. You and your husband stay safe, and keep writing.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 5, 2021 / 6:18 pm

No kidding! Shortly after we bought this house three years ago, I got into bed, lay down on my back, looked up — and there was a scorpion on the ceiling above our bed. Freaked Me Out!!

5. Lesley March 6, 2021 / 1:41 am

We heartily enjoyed this! πŸ˜‚
    We would like to say that admitting to suffering from D.I.D. may be conceived as negative – we would like to say that we are happy. πŸ˜€πŸ™Œ

6. Lisa Beth March 6, 2021 / 10:58 am

Thank you for such creative levity – we all need it! Will definitely read the link. I hope all is well with you sister Linda Lee! πŸ™‚

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 6, 2021 / 1:10 pm

Thank you! I just exhausted myself emotionally, writing my latest blog post. Now I’m going to do something fun. Ice cream is fine. Amazingly, I still have some left.

I hope all is well with you, too. ❀