Welcome to My World

Remember when washing your hands fifty times a day and disinfecting every surface in a room after someone coughs or sneezes, meant there was something wrong with you?

Welcome to my world! Germophobic, PTSD, a little bit of ADHD and OCD… I was born for a time like this!  😀

BONUS: Isolating in your home as much as possible and wearing a face mask when you have to go out in public, are now encouraged. Which means I don’t have to worry about socializing when I’m not feeling up to it, or putting on makeup, or trying to hide those deepening lines around my mouth that used to be dimples.

This weather has been downright freaky, though. We live in eastern New Mexico, less than an hour’s drive from Texas, and we have been getting hit with some of the deep arctic freeze that is battering our neighboring state. Thankfully we only lost power twice, once for just a couple of seconds, and another time for a little under an hour. The alarm going off on my husband’s oxygen machine woke us up the second time. My big tough hubby said: “I don’t need oxygen.” To which I replied “Famous last words!”  He has mild COPD, so his doctor prescribed an oxygen concentrator and a cpap machine to use when he is sleeping. Call me over-protective, but I believe he needs it!

I took this picture of our outdoor thermometer five days ago, on February 15. Our high temperature that day was only 8 degrees Fahrenheit, and our low was -3. Normally this time of year our daytime high is in the fifties.

Speaking of my awesome husband, he was supposed to be starting radiation therapy for his prostate cancer this month, but all of his medical appointments were cancelled and rescheduled due to the severe weather, impassable streets, and power outages. But his spirits are good. He just made us scrambled eggs and hash browns for dinner. I am so blessed!

I took this picture of our outdoor thermometer today, February 20. From 3 below zero to 71 degrees Fahrenheit, in the same week! The weather is never boring in New Mexico.

Today, our weather went to the other extreme and shot up into the low 70s. Most of our recent snowfall has melted, but not all of it. We got a lot of snow this week. I don’t know how much, because the wind blew the ground bare in some places, with deep drifts in other places. Our normal daytime temperature this time of year is somewhere in the mid to upper 50s. But five days ago the low here was -3 degrees Fahrenheit and the high was only 8. Then today it reached 71 degrees!

Our fur babies loved playing in the snow. Until the wind picked up and the temperature went down into the single digits.

Thank you for stopping by. I’m sending love and ((HUGS)) to my awesome blogger friends. God bless!

❤❤❤

27 thoughts on “Welcome to My World

1. Leslie February 21, 2021 / 12:15 am

I was built for this quarantine life too! It rarely bothers me.

2. Tazzie February 21, 2021 / 3:02 am

isolation is my normal, I feel for you in the States. I can not imagine the snow and cold. I do hope you are warm and have all you need. I am so sorry that your husbands treatment has been put on hold.

3. Perth Girl February 21, 2021 / 4:08 am

I don’t find quarantine life too out of the normal for me. But what I find difficult is the fearful and anxious behaviour around that we got to experience

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote February 21, 2021 / 8:03 am

Yes, same here.. And when some of my family were sick with covid-19, that was very difficult for me, too.

I will be glad when this is over. But in the meanwhile, the quarantine lifestyle isn’t so bad. 😉

4. CynthiaBaileyRug February 21, 2021 / 6:44 am

My best friend is a fellow introvert & we laughed a lot at the start of quarantine about how we’re fine with this. Been isolating since before it was cool, etc. lol

So glad you & hubby are doing ok with this weather. Must be such a shock to you both! Wow.. hopefully things will get back to some semblance of normal soon & he can have his procedure done!

5. Salvageable February 21, 2021 / 12:19 pm

Best wishes to you both. In central Arkansas we’ve had cold temperatures and two snowfalls totaling together eighteen inches. Of course they don’t plow the streets here; they just wait for warmer temperatures. So I’ve been away from work for a week. Plus we have refugees returning to the home nest. (I’ll post about that sometime soon.) J.

6. Paul Martin February 22, 2021 / 7:40 am

I can do the “stay at home” thing well when it’s cold outside, but when the weather gets warmer, I’m gonna have to be OUT! Then again, “home” for me is a fluid situation! I’m sure God will let me in on what He’s up to eventually… Sorry about your husband’s delayed treatment. ☹️ Still praying for you and him!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote February 22, 2021 / 9:09 am

Thank you so much for your prayers, Paul. I’m praying that your fluid housing situation becomes solid soon.

I love to be outdoors, too, especially when it’s warm. I just came in from running and playing fetch with our dogs in the backyard. However, because I am naturally an introvert, I prefer keeping my social distance most of the time.

With one major exception: I miss corporate worship in church, so much. But with my husband’s multiple health issues and our age, we can’t safely do that right now.

I also greatly miss my fellow jurors from the trial I served on last March. But jury duty doesn’t last forever, even without covid.

7. ourlittleredhouseblog February 22, 2021 / 12:34 pm

Big hugs and lots of prayers for your husband. I am right there with you on this new world of ours, I fit in well with being extra careful with germs. It used to drive my family so angry about me being careful with sickness. I have had a lot of horrible experiences in hospitals and that is the reason behind me trying to stay away from sickness and germs growing up…I tried. My doctor used to call the hospital my second home as a child. My mother (who I have gone No Contact with about ten years ago) loved all the attention she got when I was sick though as a child. My little sister has a really bad scar across her face from a dog attack when she was 6. My mom left her alone with the neighbors Pitbull mix one morning. She asked me first (I was 12) if Chato (dog’s name ) was safe around my little sister and I answered “No” after giving my mom a weird look like Duh, because she knew how dangerous the dog was because he had killed my pet Guinea pig, and a neighbor’s dog up the street. I went inside the house not thinking much about what she said and then a few minutes later my mom was running and screaming with my little sister saying the dog bite her under the table after she walked inside the house for “Just a second”. My dad grabbed the truck keys and they drove off fast to the hospital. Lots of “accidents” happened in my childhood home. Now it is hard to get me to a doctor. I have extreme panic attacks at times when stuck in their little rooms too long, so I just leave. Medical personal here in Arizona (not all) are pretty cold and are usually too much in a hurry to hear stories about why their patients have issues with medical procedures. It is to painful to share or go back to those days anyway especially when your are in an environment that reminds you of it. So I am right there with you when it comes to being over the top with things, but now we live in a world where that is normal.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote February 22, 2021 / 5:31 pm

I have so much I want to say in response to your comment. So much, that I don’t even know where to begin. I totally 100% get it. That’s about all I can say, right now.

Thank you so much for your prayers. ❤❤❤

8. ibikenyc February 22, 2021 / 1:29 pm

“I don’t need oxygen.”

I sincerely mean this in the most affectionate way, but that is just like a man; LOL! 😀

Praying for you both and that his treatment is back on track SOON and entirely successful! ❤

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote February 22, 2021 / 5:28 pm

Lol. I tell my hubby quite frequently: “You’re such a guy!”

I usually follow that up with: “She said lovingly and with great respect.”

Thank you so much for your prayers, dear friend. ❤❤❤

• ibikenyc February 23, 2021 / 1:29 pm

“You’re such a guy.” LOVE this! That’s it exactly!

Ditto for “She said lovingly and with great respect.” 😀 I also do a lot of that “quoting myself in the third person.”

You are so very welcome ❤

9. Change Therapy March 2, 2021 / 7:42 am

And here was me thinking we were the only ones who sanitized hands, furniture etc on a daily basis, before the pandemic. The big problem came about when our usual sanitizers and wipes disappeared from the shelves in the stores.
    I hope your husband gets the medical care he needs really soon too.
    Stay safe
    Steve

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote March 2, 2021 / 7:58 am

It’s good to know I’m not alone! Yes, I really miss those sanitizing wipes.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. My husband finally was able to get the cardiac tests his oncologist wanted done, before deciding how to proceed. We’re now waiting for word on the results.

Meanwhile, the sun is shining, the temperature is rising, and the electricity and heat are on! It’s a good day. 🙂