It’s COLD Outside!

My husband and I live in east central New Mexico, where the high plains and high desert meet. We have the weirdest weather extremes.

One week ago, our daytime temperature was in the upper 70s. Right now, our outdoor thermometer says it is 0 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s 32 degrees below freezing. The weather forecast says that tonight it’s supposed to go down to -7.

Brrrr.

A few minutes ago, our electricity went off and then came right back on. We need our electricity to run our furnace.

I’m a little nervous right now…

About 3 hours ago, I was coughing and not feeling well, so I took my temperature and discovered that I had a fever. My temperature was exactly 3 degrees above my normal. I felt a little short of breath and my lungs were aching, so I checked my blood oxygen level. It was only 92. Not good!

Our dogs needed out, so I put on their coats and my coat and out we went. Our outdoor thermometer said it was 4 degrees Fahrenheit at that time. Brrrrrr! The dogs quickly did their business and then we came back inside. I checked my temperature again – it was normal! Then I checked my blood oxygen level – it was 99! Wow! Maybe the extreme cold cured me.

I guess I shouldn’t worry about the sub-freezing temperatures and the electricity. I know God’s got this.

God bless! Sending HUGS and LOVE to my Awesome Blogger Friends. ❤❤❤

33 thoughts on “It’s COLD Outside!

1. Looking for the Light February 14, 2021 / 10:51 pm

We were so lucky, our funance went out two weeks ago, just in time for the winter blast we have now.

2. Sue Cass February 14, 2021 / 11:42 pm

Praise God He moved me to the South. My late husband used to tell people I’d light the fire place if it got below 70. He was almost right. 🙂 I hate cold weather!!!!!!!!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote February 15, 2021 / 12:01 am

I’m getting ready to take the dogs outside again. Our codependent poodle has abandonment issues, so he won’t go without me. We found him nearly starved to death on the highway, so I can’t blame the little guy. But brrrrr!

I’m glad you are in a warm part of the country. This area is so changeable, we’ll be back to warm, spring like temperatures by the end of the week. The great thing about living here is it’s never boring!

• successbmine February 15, 2021 / 9:31 pm

My sentiments exactly, Sue. I’m actually thankful for this lock-down as it’s a good excuse not to go out!

3. Lesley February 15, 2021 / 2:33 am

Stay well, Linda. Perhaps the sudden changes in weather temperatures are affecting your breathing. It plays havoc on our lungs. Hope it gets warmer soon! xx

4. bornagain732 February 15, 2021 / 3:35 am

When my daughter was a baby I lived off of Harlem Avenue in Chicago. We had this little apartment. She was all stuffed up and fevered. My uncle came up to take us to the dr we walked outside in the cold -got in the car-got to the dr and she did a one eighty! Fever gone and no more stuffiness! I had forgotten about that til you just shared your experience! Must be something to that! I’ll have to keep that in mind…
    I’m happy you are feeling better 🙌 To God be the glory 🙏🏻❤️

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote February 15, 2021 / 8:08 am

Amazing! My temperature and blood oxygen level are still normal. My husband and stepdaughter were praying for me last night too, so God answered — with a Polar Plunge!

• bornagain732 February 15, 2021 / 8:21 am

Amen! Prayer answered!

5. oldandblessed February 15, 2021 / 5:50 am

Sister, I feel your pain. It’s usually in the 50s ( daytime highs) here in Arkansas this time of year. As I pen this note at 6:46 am on Monday morning, February 15, it’s 10 degrees and snowing hard. We’ve got groceries and each other, praying the electricity will suffer no interruptions.

6. Dora February 15, 2021 / 6:48 am

Glad our Lord is with us in our going out and our coming in forevermore. (Ps. 121)

7. Blue Collar Theologian February 15, 2021 / 7:14 am

I have a cavapoo (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mixed with Poodle) if there’s one good thing about the cold and snow is my puppy does his business quickly! While it’s not as cold in Lancaster as it is in your area, the lack of sunshine is really, starting to deplete me. I am so thankful that when we are with Jesus, there will be no more winter! Or at least we will have resurrected, glorified bodies that will not be bothered by the cold! Love and blessings!

8. seekingdivineperspective February 15, 2021 / 8:52 pm

One night we noticed our house was getting colder every hour. By the next morning we realized that the heat had been turned off. It seems there’s a little on-off switch by the furnace, about two feet off the ground … which our little grandson decided to flip as he toddled through the basement the day before. Later I told my daughter what her son had done, and I heard her turn from the phone and say, “Jackson, you’re fired.” (eye roll)
    (Hugs and love back! ❤ )

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote February 15, 2021 / 9:56 pm

What a great story! Of course, your duty as his grandma is to never let him live that down. 😀

Thank you for the hugs and love. ❤

9. successbmine February 15, 2021 / 10:21 pm

We are in the middle of a severe winter storm here and expecting 10-12″ of snow and winds of 30-40 mph. I’m definitely hibernating.

10. Wise Hearted February 16, 2021 / 10:51 am

Being cautious is good. You dressed for it, only stayed for a short time, thats not worrying,its being wise. We live in northern Mn. and it’s been 59 below a couple nights. We are practicing the cautious rule here. Less time outside is better right now.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote February 16, 2021 / 4:19 pm

59 below.. BRRRRRR!! I hope you don’t lose your heat and electricity! Our area is having rolling brownouts, as they call it, shutting off the electricity to different grids for up to an hour at a time. My husband has COPD and sleeps with a CPAP machine and an oxygen concentrator, which alarms when the power is shut off. The alarm woke us up at around sunrise this morning.

Thankfully, my husband’s COPD is mild, and the power came back on after 35 minutes. But 59 degrees below zero, Fahrenheit! Yikes!! I’m praying right now that you don’t lose heat and power!

• Wise Hearted February 16, 2021 / 7:10 pm

thanks Linda for the prayer. My husband is on a cpap machine. We do have a generator which up where we live is almost a must. this is our first winter living here but I think we will put in a small wood stove. Lots of people have them just because. Praying for you all too.

11. Beverley February 16, 2021 / 5:38 pm

Wow! I like the picture. I agree with the dog.🙂. I am glad you are feeling much better. Stay safe in the Lord.

12. Paul Martin February 17, 2021 / 6:31 am

Stay warm!!! Hugs from Delaware! It’s 27° here… Getting 3″ of snow tomorrow…
    I just keep clicking my winter boots together and repeating, “There’s no place like Florida.. There’s no place like Florida”…
    Sad though… Glenda on the Wizard of Oz LIED!!! Im not in Florida yet! 😡😂😂😂😂

13. SLIMJIM March 3, 2021 / 6:31 pm

Was your husband able to access VA healthcare?