A precious blogging friend has died

A wonderful blogging friend has died. Bill Sweeney, the most inspirational person I have ever known. I met Bill through his blog, Unshakable Hope.

Since I got the news this morning, I have been both sad and happy. Sad, because I miss him. Happy, because Bill’s very long battle with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, is finally over.

On the night of December 24, I left this message for Bill on his last post, which he had written earlier that day:

I shared this post on my blog, brother Bill, and I asked for prayers for you and your family. You are the most inspirational person I have ever known. I am praying for our Abba Father’s perfect, merciful, loving will to be done in your life. I have gone through some horrors in my own life, and I was diagnosed with severe PTSD as a result. However — God has brought so much GOOD out of even the worst of my horrors, that I have learned to trust Him, no matter what. Soon, Bill Sweeney, you will be fully, gloriously healed. Whether in this life or in the next eternal life. Soon. That is my prayer in Jesus’ name for you. ❤❤❤

* * *

22 thoughts on “A precious blogging friend has died

1. Sue Cass December 30, 2020 / 9:14 pm

I can only hope and pray that I can be the inspiration that Bill was on my own journey through illness.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 31, 2020 / 12:02 am

I hope you don’t have to go through any serious illness. You have already gone through so much. You are very inspiring, too. ❤

2. seekingdivineperspective December 30, 2020 / 9:24 pm

My sentiments exactly, Linda. I can’t imagine going through what Bill endured for decades, then being suddenly healed and in the presence of Jesus. Wow… (And someday it will be us!)

3. Nan Mykel December 30, 2020 / 9:45 pm

A lovely tribute. Thanks for sharing him, and your comment.

4. Renee🌻 December 30, 2020 / 11:09 pm

So sorry to hear! I’m sure your sincere words you spoke on his blog were comforting to him and made a difference to know someone was praying for him.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 31, 2020 / 12:12 am

Thank you, Renee. Bill had so many people praying for him! Indeed, in his last post he said that all our prayers were probably keeping him here longer than he wanted to be. He was very much looking forward to heaven.

5. Wordscroll December 31, 2020 / 3:25 am

What a beautiful Christmas gift you gave him with your words, Linda!
    What a beautiful gift that Bill has given to us!
    I am so thankful for this kind and loving family the Lord has blessed me with; and to know that we will never truly part is so comforting. It’s surely the love of our King!
    Bill’s life and departure has impacted me so much! Much more than I had even realized until now. I am still trying to process how I can love and already miss someone so much–someone that I have never even met.
    Someone like you, Linda. I am thankful for you! You have our Savior’s kind and loving heart 💖
    You are a friend to many, encouraging thousands!
    Stick around, please!!!
    You are needed. You are loved 💕

6. Heidi Viars December 31, 2020 / 7:12 am

I feel the same way, Linda. Reading Bill’s blog and watching him apply Christianity has caused the biggest change in my Christian walk over these last several years. He was such an example of how to live out the Christian life, despite challenges. He touched so many people, even though he could not move or speak.
    I pray God will continue his work through Mary. Her example taught me more about marriage than any book I ever read. Thanks, Linda. What a blessing to be a part of this beautiful community and mourn and rejoice together 🙂

7. ourlittleredhouseblog December 31, 2020 / 9:00 am

So sorry to read about this. Your last words for him were kind and loving such a nice gift to leave in his heart when he passed. He is in Jesus arms now.

8. ibikenyc December 31, 2020 / 12:48 pm

My condolences on the loss of your friend ❤

I, too, feel your comment to him was a beautiful gift.

9. mrsmariposa2014 December 31, 2020 / 1:28 pm

I discovered Bill through one of my previous blogs years ago and then rediscovered him not long ago. He was always such an encouragement. I sorrow for this loss, especially for his loved ones, yet I rejoice to know he is with his Savior, free at long last. Thanks for sharing your lovely tribute. ❤

10. christinaalexander100 December 31, 2020 / 10:58 pm

I am so sorry on what happened ! Just know he is at peace now. Like others in here said …. you will see him again one day !

11. Invisibly Me January 1, 2021 / 5:39 am

Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry. That seems like such an empty cliche to say but I really am sorry, for the loss of what sounds like a wonderful man, and for everything he suffered and had to deal with in his life. Sending love  ♥

12. Tricia January 1, 2021 / 7:11 pm

Bill was pretty amazing, wasn’t he Linda? I’m very sad for his family but happy he has a new, healthy body and is with Christ.

13. Paul Martin January 16, 2021 / 8:30 am

I can’t believe that I am just now seeing this! 😢😢
    He is HOME! We grieve here, but one day, there will be a REJOICING that will NEVER END! THERE IS A GREAT REUNION COMING! All the more reason to fix our eyes on Jesus!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote January 16, 2021 / 9:00 am

“THERE IS A GREAT REUNION COMING! All the more reason to fix our eyes on Jesus!” — Amen!!

Yesterday, my husband and I had our first argument in a very long time, maybe in a year or longer. We were arguing about how best to fix or replace our old, broken down backyard fence. The need to resolve this is pretty important, because there is an aggressive pit bull that lives on one side of us, and when the pit is out in its yard, if we or our two dogs are outside at the time, the pit goes into a manic rage and tries to break through our ancient wooden fence. So… stress. We want to replace the old fence with a strong privacy metal fence, but those are expensive. What to do, what to do? Do we use our stimulus money? If so, to buy what, exactly? Do we replace just that south line, or somehow try to replace the entire ugly old falling down fence? Hence, the argument.

After we both cooled down and prayed, we realized how stupid it was to argue about something like that. This house, this yard, this fence, and this life, is only temporary. This is not our Home!

• Paul Martin January 16, 2021 / 9:03 am

Linda, I have been diligently praying for you and your husband. Someday soon, we believers will all be with Jesus… And none of these things will even be remembered! Looking forward to that day!