The Winter Solstice Christmas Star of 2020

December 21, 2020 Christmas Star #1

Last night, about 45 minutes after sunset, my husband and I drove outside of town to see the ‘Great Conjunction’ of Jupiter and Saturn, which some astronomers and theologians believe was the return of the Star of Bethlehem. There were a couple of other star gazers parked along the dead end street where we stopped. I got out of the car and took a few pictures with my cell phone.

December 21, 2020 Christmas Star #7

We were expecting to see something a lot bigger and brighter. But it was still beautiful, and it felt great to get out of the house.

December 21, 2020 Christmas Star #10

On the way back home, we drove around and looked at some of our neighbors’ Christmas decorations. We were two blocks away from our house when a low flying airplane flew right over us. For a heart-stopping moment, I thought it was going to crash. Eeek! But then it gained altitude and headed off toward Albuquerque. Maybe the pilot was distracted by the Christmas Star?

December 21, 2020 Winter Solstice Christmas Star

Thank you for stopping by. I love my blogger friends, I really do. This crazy 2020 year would have been a lot harder without all of you. Here’s a great big grandma ((HUG)) if you want one — safe and covid free!

I hope you have a very blessed, Merry Christmas πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

29 thoughts on “The Winter Solstice Christmas Star of 2020

1. The Eclectic Contrarian December 22, 2020 / 9:46 am

Thanks grandma!

2. Heidi Viars December 22, 2020 / 10:30 am

This is beautiful. I was living vicariously through you… we had clouds 😦
    There have been so many bad things in 2020, but your blog has been such a gift! Thanks, Linda. Keep on shining and looking for the Light!

3. adamjasonp December 22, 2020 / 12:54 pm

And Merry Christmas to you too, blogger friend. It’s been a hectic year, but we are blessed. πŸ™‚ ((HUG))

4. @preacherbiker December 22, 2020 / 1:56 pm

And we love you

5. ibikenyc December 22, 2020 / 4:32 pm

Thank you for the lovely post and these gorgeous photos πŸ™‚

Alas, it was too overcast here last night to see anything. Even if it hadn’t been, you’d need a seagoing craft to get far enough away from the light pollution in this part of the world.

I hope and wish and pray for a wonderful Christmas and abundant health and prosperity for you and yours in the coming year! ❀

6. Rebekah Durham December 23, 2020 / 11:52 am

You and your husband have been on my mind. I hope everyone is doing well. Merry Christmas!

7. Anna Waldherr December 27, 2020 / 10:51 am