Wreck the halls — bluebird of bitterness

My daughter did this when she was 2 years old. I had just finished decorating a beautiful Norfolk Pine. (We lived in England then.) I plugged in the lights and told my little darling “Don’t touch the tree!” “Okay Mama,” she said. Then I walked into the kitchen to start dinner. CRASH! I ran back into the parlor and found the tree lying on its side, my daughter lying on her back underneath the tree, and broken ornaments everywhere. “I sowwy Mama!” Sigh. She’s a licensed therapist now. Those poor clients…
Wreck the halls — bluebird of bitterness

13 thoughts on “Wreck the halls — bluebird of bitterness

1. The Eclectic Contrarian December 17, 2020 / 12:57 pm

Maybe the patients listen to her…

• The Eclectic Contrarian December 17, 2020 / 1:15 pm

It all started with my wonderful mom, Linda Lee. Then there was that Christmas…… 😆😁

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 17, 2020 / 1:23 pm

I think it was more like “My mom was so CrAzY, I made it my mission in life to figure out how to fix that!”

Just one more example of the Lord bringing good out of the not-so-good. 😉

• The Eclectic Contrarian December 17, 2020 / 1:27 pm

Linda, when I think about you, I think you’re a very strong, intelligent person. Probably my polar opposite. In fact, I think when you see that I’ve commented you probably quietly say, “oh gah what is he saying now?”

I definitely don’t see crazy. Yet, I only know the blogger Linda. So the verdict is still out lol!

2. ibikenyc December 17, 2020 / 1:25 pm

They use Norfolk Pines for Christmas trees?! I adore Norfolk Pines and would make a total spectacle of myself gawking at them.

I tried two or three times to raise potted ones. Alas, I have such a black thumb that I have ruined even silk plants, so now I just admire them from a distance.

• ibikenyc December 17, 2020 / 1:43 pm

I feel your pain. It’s been such a frustration!

Now, fresh / cut flowers? I can keep them viable for literally weeks!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 17, 2020 / 4:22 pm

Me too! My son sent me fresh cut flowers from a florist for my birthday, and they lasted forever!

3. roberthansen1317 December 18, 2020 / 10:13 am

My daughter did that to a very expensive snow globe I had of It’s A Wonderful Life. Do not touch, then she picked it up and it was too heavy and she dropped it and it shattered.

4. Paul Martin December 22, 2020 / 6:25 am

I think this little story may help her patients. It lets us all know that nobody is without mitsakes! 😂😂😂😂