10 Content Proofreading Tips to Catch More Avoidable Goofs — Copyblogger

For my writer friends: this is really good!

Traditionally, content proofreading is a separate task from editing. And I still treat the two as different activities. However, the… Continue Reading The post 10 Content Proofreading Tips to Catch More Avoidable Goofs appeared first on Copyblogger.

10 Content Proofreading Tips to Catch More Avoidable Goofs — Copyblogger

21 thoughts on “10 Content Proofreading Tips to Catch More Avoidable Goofs — Copyblogger

1. atimetoshare.me December 16, 2020 / 9:34 am

How’s your son doing?

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 16, 2020 / 9:39 am

He is slowly healing. He tends to do too much, but he’s learning that right now he needs to take it easy.

My husband’s biopsies will be done day after tomorrow. Friday the 18th. I will be glad when that’s over.

• atimetoshare.me December 16, 2020 / 9:56 am

Glad to hear about your son. I’ll pray for good results on the biopsies. My son in law underwent surgery on a hole in his heart yesterday. We didn’t know this was going to happen until the night before, but were able to offer prayers for him. He’s doing great. I can’t believe what they are capable of doing in medicine today. They went through an artery to do the repair. God is indeed good. It’s extremely hard to be so far from our children when they are going through these trials.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 16, 2020 / 10:12 am

Thank you for your concern and prayers. It means a lot. I am going to say a prayer for your son-in-law right now.

Yes, it is amazing what the medical profession can do! When I was a nurse, I was in the OR during an open heart surgery — that was amazing! I also got to observe a far less invasive heart surgery where they went in through an artery, like you described. That procedure was so incredible, it brought tears to my eyes!

2. Sue Cass December 16, 2020 / 9:45 am

My main concern in proof reading is the flow of the story and of course punctuation and spelling. I hope you’re enjoying Amy’s Quest. Merry Christmas, Linda, to you and your family.

3. The Eclectic Contrarian December 16, 2020 / 10:11 am

I’m just a goof. Can’t do nothing about it…

4. Wordscroll December 17, 2020 / 6:31 am

My absolute favorite blooper was on a sign that was posted at Sam’s Club. It stated, “Your Work is Your Signature. Sign Your Work With Excellance!”
    I shouldn’t have laughed, but the irony was just too much 😂
    Maybe it was meant to be a joke, but the look on the guy’s face when I laughed, indicated otherwise. So, now I just smile. 😊

5. Paul Martin December 17, 2020 / 7:24 am

I am a self proclaimed “Grammar Nazi.” I often will look at what I am writing, and try to make sure that my spelling, punctuashun, an grammer is correcct befour publshng my blags! This poste is a grate reminder! Thenks!!!
    😂😂😂😂😂😂

6. ibikenyc December 17, 2020 / 2:03 pm

Wonderfully-punny graphic up top! 😀

Thanks for linking to that excellent proofreading article. Reading backwards is a great idea, but, WOW, is it tough! (Love the graphic there, too: The look on that guy’s face. . . )