12/12/2020 — This has been a DAY!

I took this picture from our back porch shortly before sunrise this morning. The sky was just beginning to lighten, but it was still dark enough to see the tiny sliver of the moon and a bright eastern star over the mesa mountain.

I said a prayer as I watched the sunrise, thanking God for this new day and praying for His will to be done.

Little did I know that before the morning was over, I would feel compelled to say — as my husband was leaving the house to help a loved one — “Don’t get yourself arrested!”

The good news is that my awesome husband is safely on his way home and the situation is taken care of. And nobody got arrested! 😂

18 thoughts on “12/12/2020 — This has been a DAY!

1. The Eclectic Contrarian December 12, 2020 / 6:10 pm

“It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.”
    ‭‭Lamentations‬ ‭3:22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I’m thankful for His mercies. We don’t understand how many mercies He has on us in just one day. And how Compassionate He is to us.

2. Lisa Beth December 12, 2020 / 6:27 pm

Thank you for sharing such morning beauty and God’s faithfulness. Not sure what the scenario was but I’m glad your hubby’s home safe! 🙂

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 12, 2020 / 7:06 pm

Thank you! It was his daughter in a very stressful situation on a special ops military base. Long story. ❤

3. simplywendi December 12, 2020 / 7:23 pm

YAY! Not being arrested is always a good thing! 🙂 🙂

4. The Eclectic Contrarian December 14, 2020 / 9:09 am

Don’t ask me why I’m thinking about this right now, my mind works in weird ways… but I think of you as a very strong, intelligent “boss lady” sort of person. Yet I read posts like this that kinda shows the girly, personable woman you are. Kind of the many sides of Linda.

Ok, I’m done lol!

5. Paul Martin December 17, 2020 / 7:29 am

If I get arrested, I hope it’s for the right thing… Someday soon, when true Christianity becomes illegal, I hope that I not ONLY get arrested… I hope that there’ll be PLENTY of evidence to convict! 😉

6. Anna Waldherr December 20, 2020 / 7:49 am

We have so little control over events. Thankfully, ours is a God who knows the end from the beginning. Have a Merry Christmas, Linda! Love, A. ❤