My son is having surgery today: UPDATED

UPDATE: Everything went well. He is now out of surgery. Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and prayers! ❤❤❤

In about 3 hours from now, my son is having surgery to remove a large kidney stone. He sent me a text this morning that said: ‘I should be ok, but just in case I love you so much. I am glad you’re my mom.’

I replied: ‘You WILL be okay! I love you MORE and I am super glad that you are my son!! We just prayed for you.’

As a former nurse, having assisted and observed several surgeries in the Lancaster, Pennsylvania hospital where he will have his surgery, I can close my eyes and almost feel like I am there. But I am in New Mexico, more than one thousand miles away. Praying. Praying. Praying.

For privacy, I don’t use real names on my blog, so I will just tell you that his first name begins with an ‘S’.

37 thoughts on “My son is having surgery today: UPDATED

1. oldandblessed December 9, 2020 / 8:53 am

A fine looking young man. No need to worry. The Son will take care of him.

2. Bruce Cooper December 9, 2020 / 8:54 am

Lifted your son up in prayer Linda Lee, how is your daughter doing? Blessings!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 9, 2020 / 9:37 am

Thank you! My daughter told me she was feeling better, then she overdid things around the house, which made her feel worse, but still not as bad as before. She also said that the covid-19 has hit her much harder than any cold or flu she has ever had. But she is recovering, that’s the main thing.

Thank you for your prayers, Bruce. Blessings to you as well.

3. The Eclectic Contrarian December 9, 2020 / 9:06 am

Praying!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 9, 2020 / 9:39 am

Thank you!

Psalm 46:1
      God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Yes He is!

4. seekingdivineperspective December 9, 2020 / 9:41 am

I’m praying – do keep us posted.
    S is a bit like me – but I was more extreme. The first time I had surgery I wrote letters to my husband and each of my children. (*eye roll*)

5. atimetoshare.me December 9, 2020 / 11:16 am

Praying for your handsome son. I have had a few kidney stones removed surgically and have recovered nicely over time. He looks strong and healthy and he also has a lot of folks praying for him. I know it’s hard when our kids are so far away. We live in Minnesota and our oldest is in S.C. She’s had numerous health concerns lately, but God has heard our prayers. Hang in there. God will do His best for him.

6. hatrack4 December 9, 2020 / 11:35 am

I have had that done. He will be okay, but prayer works and is always helpful. And mothers need to be prayed for too. I have you and your son covered on both.

7. Blue Collar Theologian December 9, 2020 / 11:59 am

Praying for y’all. Thankfully we do have good medical facilities and practitioners in this town!

8. @preacherbiker December 9, 2020 / 1:32 pm

Praying for our son.

9. ibikenyc December 9, 2020 / 1:45 pm

Coming late, but I hope he’s recovering comfortably and perfectly!

(Also, what a BABE! 😉 No surprise, of course, considering his mom, but still. . . )

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 9, 2020 / 1:52 pm

Aww, thank you. I just got word that everything went well and he is out of surgery, yaaaay! Just going to do an update.

• ibikenyc December 9, 2020 / 1:53 pm

Woo-HOOOO!!!!! YAAAY! 😀 ❤

10. luckyotter December 9, 2020 / 4:14 pm

What a nice looking man! I’m sorry he has a kidney stone, I have heard those things hurt like crazy. Sending prayers for his quick recovery!

11. Salvageable December 9, 2020 / 6:00 pm

God is good. I’m glad that the surgery went well, and I pray for complete healing (and for patience during the healing process). I’m glad to read also that your daughter is on the mend, even with more healing to come. I will continue to pray for all four of you. J.

12. bornagain732 December 10, 2020 / 7:14 pm

🙌🙏🏻❤️

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 18, 2020 / 5:42 am

Beth, I haven’t seen you on WP in at least a week. I sent you a text yesterday. I’m concerned. Praying for you. ❤

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote December 11, 2020 / 2:46 pm

Thank you! He’s having some pain, but the good news is the surgeon believes he got it all. The doctor had originally said it might require two surgeries.