My Thanksgiving Day Gratitude List for 2020

A grove of American Elm Trees at Central Park’s Mall, New York City
© AWL Images/Danita Delimont

A couple of days ago I wrote a list of the things I am most thankful for. Top of the list: Father God, from whom all blessings flow. Second: my BFH — Best Friend Husband. And no, that’s not my best friend’s husband, like someone once mistakenly believed, lol.

Laughter! That needs to go on my gratitude list, too!

My precious children and grandchildren are all on the list. And I am super grateful for my blogger friends, like YOU, reading this post right now. 😀

This will be the first time in our years together that my husband and I won’t be having a traditional dinner to celebrate this day. In fact, our first date was a Thanksgiving dinner, in 2003. Covid has changed our holiday plans this year. But that’s okay, we don’t need to eat turkey to be grateful.

What are you doing today? Anything special? I would love to read about it in the comments.

Thank you for stopping by. It really means a lot to me. God bless! And to all my American readers:

❤❤❤ HAPPY THANKSGIVING ❤❤❤

31 thoughts on “My Thanksgiving Day Gratitude List for 2020

1. Blue Collar Theologian November 26, 2020 / 6:07 am

Happy Thanksgiving, Linda Lee! Nathan, my mom and I will spend a quiet day together. I am thankful that you have your BFH with you! Laughter is truly good for the soul and I pray that you will have many reasons to laugh because God knows, this hurting world needs it!! Love and blessings to you and your BFH!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 26, 2020 / 7:37 am

Thank you, Mandy. I love the Thanksgiving prayer you posted this morning. Love and blessings to you, Nathan, and your mom on this special day. ❤

2. Bruce Cooper November 26, 2020 / 6:10 am

We celebrate Thanksgiving earlier in Canada than you folks. This year it was on October 12 (second Monday in October) and we still have some turkey leftovers stashed away in our freezer which for some unknown reason always tastes better (with gravy) after the fact. Anyway, hope you and yours enjoy your day and the preciousness of one another. Blessings to you and yours Linda Lee!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 26, 2020 / 7:44 am

I lived in Maine back in the late 1980s and early 90s. I could see Canada from my house. One year, I took a ferry ride to the Canadian Grand Manan Island and was surprised to discover that I had arrived on your Thanksgiving day. I got to have two Thanksgivings that year.

Enjoy your leftovers. You’re right, leftovers are better. Blessings to you and your family.

3. Sue Cass November 26, 2020 / 6:34 am

One thing I’m thankful for is long time close friends. I bought a Publix big turkey dinner and my roommate and I are taking it to my dear friends home who has been like a sister to me for 25 years and we’re having a feast with her and her husband. Nobody has to cook! Just heat and eat. Happy Thanksgiving to you and hubby.

4. bornagain732 November 26, 2020 / 6:42 am

Love ya, sis!!

5. Wordscroll November 26, 2020 / 7:08 am

I am thankful that for the first time in years, my kids and I will all be together! Covid worries? Heck no! Jesus is coming too! 🥰
    Happy Thanksgiving my friend and to your BHF. Have a blessed day, no matter what you eat! 💕💕

6. hatrack4 November 26, 2020 / 7:28 am

Happy Thanksgiving. Your words about not needing a turkey were, for a moment, quite scary, as I grew up on a turkey farm. But we lost the farm in my youth, so it does not affect me anymore. We even have a son cooking a goose today. Of all the horrors, he does not like turkey.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 26, 2020 / 7:51 am

Your family had a turkey farm and lost it? Your son is cooking a goose? There has got to be a really bad pun in there somewhere… but it’s too early here for my brain to figure it out. 😀

• hatrack4 November 26, 2020 / 8:29 am

Painful for my parents, a lost “American Dream” and when the dream was dashed by changing government regulations. I have sympathy for those who have lost farms, businesses, etc. in these troubling times – COVID, storms, fires, etc. It does not seem fair, but God uses those events to shape us. As for my son, he cooks his turkey too dry – does not listen to me – thus liking birds that you have to use care not to make them too greasy, like duck and goose.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 26, 2020 / 8:35 am

“It does not seem fair, but God uses those events to shape us.” I agree, I have certainly found this to be true in my own life.

• hatrack4 November 26, 2020 / 8:46 am

And writing about such times helps others. Happy Thanksgiving

7. K.L. Hale November 26, 2020 / 7:45 am

Happy Thanksgiving 🍁 💚! Peace and love!

8. atimetoshare.me November 26, 2020 / 8:21 am

Paul and I are celebrating thanksgiving together for the first time in many, many years. Normally he would be in Wisconsin for the annual white tailed deer hunt. This year he chose not to go for various reasons. With everyone isolating for this year I am so grateful to have someone to share it with. Happy thanksgiving to you and yours and may God always be with you.

9. Rocky November 26, 2020 / 12:17 pm

Happy Thanksgiving. The bride and I had several Thanksgivings just the 2 of us after 30 years of large family gatherings. We adapt. We grow stronger.

10. ibikenyc November 26, 2020 / 12:22 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to youse, Linda Lee and Biker! 😀

I ADORE that your first meeting was at a Thanksgiving dinner ❤

11. Tricia November 26, 2020 / 12:35 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Linda! I just love your energy and attitude. My husband and I will be heading out in a bit to spend the day with my brother and his family and my mom. Smaller group than usual but I’m really looking forward to it.

12. @preacherbiker November 26, 2020 / 1:47 pm

I’m spending my Thanksgiving with my bestest friend and love of my life
    Best time ever

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 26, 2020 / 11:57 pm

Thank you! Our Thanksgiving was quiet but very nice. I hope your day was good, too.

13. Heidi Viars November 26, 2020 / 6:32 pm

So happy (and THANKFUL) I (cyber)visited your place today. We celebrated with our kids (minus one and his wife). My son and his fiancé came to visit …they had COVID a couple of months ago and we felt safe to celebrate with them. It was good to have laughter in the house as the kids all sat and played games. Hope you bask in your thanksgiving heart way past today! Sending hugs your way, friend.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 27, 2020 / 12:00 am

Thank you, Heidi. I’m glad you had such a lovely day. ((HUGS)) back!

14. Kally November 28, 2020 / 6:33 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.

“Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.”
    – Joyce Giraud