Fun Wheelchair Facts and Stories — The Wheelchair Teen

On this Sunday morning, the first day of our USA Thanksgiving week, I can’t think of anything more appropriate to share with you than this delightful post written by a beautiful young woman who calls her blog The Wheelchair Teen: My life as a black, disabled teenager. I have had some experience with wheelchairs, which I described in a long comment that I just posted on The Wheelchair Teen’s blog. But this beautiful girl’s ‘Fun Wheelchair Facts and Stories’ has given me a whole new perspective. Read and enjoy! ❤

Since I’ve been busier than usual this week, I decided to write a fun post where I shared fifteen, short interesting wheelchair facts and personal disability stories to put a smile on your face and show you what it’s like to be a disabled teen: . My first wheelchair was pink and had a picture […]

Fun Wheelchair Facts and Stories — The Wheelchair Teen

18 thoughts on “Fun Wheelchair Facts and Stories — The Wheelchair Teen

1. bornagain732 November 22, 2020 / 9:31 am

👍🏻
    I enjoyed reading this early this morning on her blog!!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 22, 2020 / 9:36 am

Isn’t she amazing! ❤❤

How are you doing, my friend? I just said another prayer for your complete healing from covid-19.

• bornagain732 November 22, 2020 / 10:34 am

I can’t like your post or your comment ☹️
        She is!!!
        I’m doing great! I was actually able to taste an apple bratwurst last night after I had a VERY spicy jalapeño and one! Lol! My husband trying to help me get my taste back with the spicy stuff!!!
        Now this morning I’m back to no taste-can’t smell either!
        But we’re getting there! Keep
        praying my dear friend!!! 🙌👍🏻🙏🏻👑

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 22, 2020 / 11:33 am

I will continue praying. I lost most of my sense of taste and smell about 5 or 6 years ago. I have no idea why. But lately, as I have been praying for you to get your full abilities back, it occurred to me that I had never prayed for myself in that regard. So now I am praying for the Lord to restore my ability to taste and smell, and — it’s beginning to happen! Praise God!

I, too, am having difficulty trying to ‘like’ other people’s blog posts and comments. I find that when I am reading the posts and comments in my WordPress reader, then WP will usually count and post my likes on both comments and posts. But outside of the reader, almost never.

2. Blue Collar Theologian November 22, 2020 / 1:33 pm

This is a great post! I am unable to click “like” on the original post, arg! I will try and leave a comment on her site. Thank you so much for sharing this!

• thewheelchairteen November 23, 2020 / 2:36 am

I’m so happy that you liked it. Sometimes WordPress can be tricky. No worries! Sometimes I struggle with it too.

3. mrsmariposa2014 November 22, 2020 / 3:11 pm

What wonderful timing for you to share this! In recent months, my sweet 18 year old autistic son met a young lady through a chat room devoted to those with disabilities. He seems quite taken with-and the feeling appears mutual. She is a childhood brain survivor in a wheelchair. So, this delightful blog with so much good insight is ideal as I figure out how best to relate to his young lady. Thanks and blessings! ❤

4. thewheelchairteen November 23, 2020 / 3:29 am

Thanks again for sharing the post. You have some incredible followers here and I hope that they were able to benefit from viewing life through my unique perspective. You are an incredible woman. I can’t thank you enough for helping to share my voice just that little bit more ❤

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 23, 2020 / 3:51 am

You are the incredible one. I wish I could give you a big hug. ❤❤❤

It’s 3:50 in the morning right now where I live. I need to turn my computer off and go to bed, like a grown-up, lol. I hope you have a pleasant day.

5. marianbeaman November 25, 2020 / 10:59 am

Linda Lee, thank you so very much for introducing me to the amazing wheelchair teen. I left a comment on her blog. See, how wonderful to connect with others through a network of blogs.

I praise God that your sense of taste and smell is being restored. PTL!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. 🙂