Don’t Open That Door! — Untangled

Alexis Rose is an amazing trauma survivor. I’ve read her memoir twice. This post that she wrote today, about what happened when a burglar tried to break into her house three days ago, is hair raising — and ultimately healing. Just make sure you are sitting down in a safe place before you start reading this! 😀

How many scary movies, thrillers, and mysteries have we seen where we find ourselves saying out loud, “don’t open that door!” And then joke because of course, they were always going to open that door, answer the phone, or look under the bed.  Often after we scolded the protagonist, we would add,  “I would never […]

Don’t Open That Door! — Untangled

9 thoughts on “Don’t Open That Door! — Untangled

1. Bruce Cooper November 19, 2020 / 10:03 am

I tried “liking” her article on her blog but for some reason it would not accept it. Maybe you have to be a follower in order to “like” her posts. Just so you know. Blessings!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 19, 2020 / 10:09 am

Thank you, Bruce, I will let Alexis know.

I believe the problem is WordPress. For the past couple of months, I haven’t been able to like most blog posts, unless I do so from the WordPress reader. Sometimes, when I try to leave a comment, I get a message saying that my WordPress login has expired. Which makes no sense, because I am logged in already. Again, I can leave comments when I am in the WP reader, but otherwise, it’s iffy.

• Bruce Cooper November 19, 2020 / 10:14 am

Usually if I run into this, if I go to another browser and just copy and paste the link, it will accept it but not this time. Tried three different browsers and still no go. Stupid computers! Blessings.

2. @preacherbiker November 19, 2020 / 2:30 pm

WOW that was a good lesson for all of us

3. ibikenyc November 22, 2020 / 1:49 pm

Gosh, what an experience she had!

FYI / FWIW: Regarding the WordPress Issues, for me it seems like WordPress and Publishers Clearing House do not play nicely together. If I am logged in at WP, sooner (usually) or later I get an error message from PCH and have to clear my cookies in order to continue entering sweepstakes.

The cookie-clearing of course logs me out of a whole bunch of other sites, including WP.

When I come back to WP, I have to not just log back in but also “re-follow” each individual site in order to like or comment on posts.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 22, 2020 / 5:18 pm

Oh my goodness, I did not know that about Publishing Clearing House and WP! I have never been on the Publishing Clearing House website, but maybe another website is causing a similar issue. Crazy!