2020 is CrAzY!

I live in New Mexico, USA. Three days ago our high temperature was 90 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s 32 Celsius for my Canadian, British, and Dutch friends. In other words — HOT!

Today, just three days later, our temperature barely got above freezing. Our high today was 39 Fahrenheit (a little less than 4 degrees Celsius). The National Weather Service just issued a Winter Weather Warning for our area, to remain in effect for 72 hours. For the next three days, we are expected to have high winds, several inches of snow, ice, and temperatures well below freezing — as low as 17 Fahrenheit, which is -8 Celsius. In other words — COLD!

Three days ago, our temperature felt like the middle of a hot summer. For the next three days, our temperature isn’t expected to get above the freezing point. I have never seen the weather change this much, this fast.

2020 is CrAzY! And we still have two months and six days left to go.

How about you? What has your 2020 been like?

42 thoughts on “2020 is CrAzY!

1. Blue Collar Theologian October 25, 2020 / 5:52 pm

Rattled snow globe, glad the Lord knows where my sparkly glitter will land as I throw seeds for Jesus! I know you have a kiddo here in Lancaster, PA so you know we’ve had a 30 degree temp shift. I am thankful to not be going through 2020 alone!

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 25, 2020 / 6:31 pm

Right, I was just texting with my Lancaster son. My daughter in Washington state has also been experiencing bizarre weather. Ditto my granddaughter in Syracuse, New York.

I agree, so glad I’m not going through this year alone!

2. Sue Cass October 25, 2020 / 6:15 pm

How has my 2020 been? Do you want the good news or bad news first? lol That always seems to be the question.
    Good news- my new book came out, Amy’s Quest, I have survived our hot summer, lost 10 lbs, and had fun playing in the dirt.

Bad news – Corona virus, having people locked up in their homes that are not sick, etc. and now the clocks will be turned back leaving us in the dark before we should be, and temperatures are dropping and winter is around the corner. I hate cold weather!

The best news – God’s still on His throne and in control and will be coming to get us out of here soon. Praise God and Halleluiah.

3. @preacherbiker October 25, 2020 / 6:54 pm

Back to normal by the end of the week WHATEVER that means

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 25, 2020 / 6:56 pm

Will that be the new normal, or the old normal? Or is there going to be a NEW new normal?

4. atimetoshare.me October 26, 2020 / 9:28 am

The weather has been crazy here too. We’re experiencing almost January temperatures and snow. The sun is out today and the air is dry, giving a glimmer of hope that winter isn’t here to stay yet.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 26, 2020 / 9:45 am

Yaay for sunshine! It’s snowing here now. Our outdoor thermometer says it’s only 19 degrees. We live just a short distance from Texas. They are getting snow, too. It’s bizarre!

When I took our two dogs outside for their early morning potty, I put coats on both of them, as well as on myself. I’m weird that way. Oh they had a blast running and playing in the slippery white stuff! But even with their thick warm coats, they soon wanted back inside. Brrrr!!

• atimetoshare.me October 26, 2020 / 12:37 pm

I dislike the cold temperatures too, even though hot flashes are still hanging on occasionally. This just seems way to early for winter weather. But then it’s 2020, right?

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 26, 2020 / 4:39 pm

I was so looking forward to 2020. I liked the futuristic sound of it, and the thought that maybe in 2020, we would be able to see things more clearly. Like when you have 20-20 vision.

Maybe we needed to go through this crazy stuff, in order to have our vision adjusted?

• atimetoshare.me October 26, 2020 / 5:58 pm

I think you may be right😩

5. Gary Fultz October 26, 2020 / 12:15 pm

My sister in law from CA was visiting us in norther MN and she watches the earth quake count. Evidently they happen every day around the world. A new record was set while she was visiting…over 500+ that day, many where she lives and many at both ends of the big fault line. It’s not just the weather. we had 10 degrees this morning but we are way north of you.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 26, 2020 / 4:30 pm

Wow, that’s a lot of earthquakes. I was born in California. My first clear memory in life is an earthquake. It was either a 6.7 or 6.9 — accounts vary. I was awakened in my bed to everything shaking, rattling, banging, and falling. People were screaming. Although it didn’t last long, it definitely shook me up!

My oldest son, my younger granddaughter, and my 7-year-old great-grandson live near San Francisco. I do a lot of praying! Wild fires, the novel coronavirus, earthquakes, violence, the economy, the election… like you said, it’s not just the weather!!

Thanks for commenting. God bless.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 26, 2020 / 4:52 pm

I forgot to mention the murder hornets. Mustn’t forget the murder hornets! And the run on toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc etc etc.

March 11 was my last normal day. I was serving on a jury trial, while on that same day the governor here in New Mexico declared a state of emergency. My husband had just had surgery on his knee the week before and needed physical therapy, but covid-19 put a stop to that. And nothing has been the same since that day.

If I didn’t have my faith in the Lord Jesus, I don’t know what I would do!

6. seekingdivineperspective October 26, 2020 / 12:24 pm

Bad news: We’ve lost a lot of things we took for granted.
    Good news: Some of those things, for some of us, were idols. Some of us used our new-found free time to draw close to the true God, and benefitted tremendously. πŸ˜‰

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 26, 2020 / 4:36 pm

Yes, yes, yes, and AMEN!!!

I am still reading your wonderful novel, Counselor. Ordinarily I read a lot faster, but I am slowing down and savoring as I go. Highlighting, making notes, and especially praying. It’s a great read. You’ve got me hooked Annie, I’m going to have to read all of your books now. ❀❀

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 26, 2020 / 7:53 pm

I will definitely be writing a review, as soon as I finish each book. Thank you for writing them. I mean it. I know it isn’t easy!

7. Beverley October 26, 2020 / 7:52 pm

That is a crazy weather pattern. Stay warm and be safe. Blessings πŸ™‚

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 26, 2020 / 7:54 pm

Thanks, Beverley. I understand that there is another hurricane in the Atlantic. Number 11 this year, I believe. Is it anywhere near you?

• Beverley October 29, 2020 / 6:09 pm

I dont think so. Most of the hurricanes seem to be hitting Louisiana. Thank you for your concerns.

8. Paul Martin October 27, 2020 / 6:54 am

If I could describe my 2020… Trials, testing, and more trials. Life is hard, but God is good! He is worthy in spite of it all! And He is the Sovereign over my life, so He is free to do with me as He pleases! On my part… I will serve HIM! On His part, He has promised (and delivered) to keep me through the “whatevers” , “what-ifs” , and the “I don’t understand’s” of this life! 2020 has made me long for Jesus more. It has made me steel my resolve to follow Him HARDER! So for that, I am BLESSED! Bring on the Storms! My God is the Keeper of the storm,… And He’s in my boat!!! πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 27, 2020 / 9:31 am

Good morning, Paul! Two hours ago, when I approved and liked your comment, I was about to write a reply when our 2 dogs let me know they needed out. Our rescued poodle has abandonment issues, so I have to go out with him. It was snowing heavily and only 20 degrees at the time, which meant that everybody had to bundle up. Yes, I put coats on the dogs, too, lol.

After running and sliding in the snow with the frisky dogs, we came back inside and almost immediately my stepdaughter called, so I could keep her company as she followed a snow plow on her 20 mile drive to work in her mission essential job on a special ops military base. By the time she got safely to work, I was about to get some breakfast, when I remembered that I hadn’t replied to your comment yet. Oops!

The main thing I want to tell you is: Thank You. Your faith, and your unwavering trust and love for the Lord, is so encouraging and inspiring to me. Thank you, my brother!

I also want you to know that I will be praying for you today, praying for your trials to swiftly end. Like you, I have found that even my worst trials have ultimately brought good into my life, when I have trusted the Lord. So I can honestly say that even my worst trials and sorrows have been worth it in the end. But it is great to go through peaceful, joyful times with little or no trials, too. I’m praying that will happen for you soon!

9. hatrack4 October 27, 2020 / 7:39 am

I love your giving both Fahrenheit and Celsius for those readers outside the US. Back in 1998, I was in India for the month of February. It was my wedding anniversary and the Germans on the project were the only ones with a working phone and the calls out were horribly expensive, but they learned that I had an important date through the grapevine, asked me to their office on the guise of a business meeting, and then they called the operator and handed me the phone before leaving the room. When I called my wife, early morning in India, late evening in Pittsburgh the day before, my wife complained that the temperature was in the 20s and 30s. She hates the cold. My reply was, “That’s funny!! It’s in the 20s and 30s here too!!” My wife was smart enough to know what I meant. Her reply was, “Ha Ha, Happy anniversary anyway.” That was one of only two calls all month due to the lousy phone service. As for this year, we have had a little frost, but not a hard freeze, and the lowest high temperature has been in the high 50s. And we are much further north than you are in NM. Crazy 2020 indeed.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 27, 2020 / 9:14 am

That’s a great story about your anniversary phone call from India to Pittsburgh! Your life has been so interesting, Mark. Are you writing a memoir? I hope you do, I would love to read it.

• hatrack4 October 27, 2020 / 9:59 am

I suggested such to my sister, and she thought I was crazy. Then again, I suggested to my brother, now deceased but who was an ordained minister, that we could team up together in writing Sunday school material. His reply was three words, “You are insane.” And I am now writing Bible studies, so maybe I will get back to the memoire idea too.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 27, 2020 / 10:24 am

Please do! Your writing, and your life experiences, are too good to waste.

Speaking from experience: siblings always think you’re crazy when you want to do something extraordinary. πŸ˜€

10. SLIMJIM October 29, 2020 / 11:06 pm

Wow crazy temperature; this is one crazy year for me…where do I start

11. Anna Waldherr November 1, 2020 / 3:37 pm

This was definitely not a year we needed to turn the clock back to gain another hour. Sheesh!

12. Phoebe Sparrow Wagner November 2, 2020 / 7:18 am

Hey there! I cannot like your blog posts alas, and I dunno why, but I enjoyed this one! Thanks for visiting mine from time to time. I wish I COULD register a like on any blog but for some reason WordPress rejects my clicks! If you know why, let me know?

Best wishes,

Phoebe

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote November 2, 2020 / 7:57 am

Hello!!! It’s so great to ‘hear’ from you!!

I am having the same problem, I cannot ‘like’ a post or a comment, unless I do so from the WordPress reader. I have no idea why. This just started happening a couple of months ago. Sometimes, when I try to leave a message on a post, I get a weird message saying that my WordPress login has expired. It makes no sense, because I know that I am already logged in. I pay for my blog. What more do they want? I tried reaching out to WP customer service and didn’t get anywhere.

Thank you so much for commenting. When I don’t comment or like your posts, it is usually because I did not see it in my WordPress reader — because I follow too many blogs — or I tried to like and comment, but WP didn’t let me.

A fellow blogger told me that if I can change to a different browser on my computer, that should take care of the problem. But my tablet only uses the silk browser, as far as I know. I’m not techie enough to change my browser, even if that is possible.

2020 is just crazy, period. I hope things get better soon.

Thank you for commenting, I always love to hear from you, Phoebe. I hope you are doing well. ❀❀❀❀❀