My Tarantula Attack Versus The Presidential Debate

A couple of hours before last night’s presidential debate, I was in the backyard with our two dogs when I saw a big, hairy tarantula. Our curious dogs saw it, too. To protect them from possible injury, I rushed over to get rid of the nasty critter, and got a face full of stinging urticating hairs in the process.

After taking care of that little emergency, I turned on the TV and watched the debate in its entirety. After that, I could not get to sleep until almost 3:30 in the morning.

I’m seriously not sure which experience was worse: the tarantula attack or the debate.

32 thoughts on “My Tarantula Attack Versus The Presidential Debate

1. @preacherbiker September 30, 2020 / 1:52 pm

Sorry you got hurt by both
    Love you

2. Sue Cass September 30, 2020 / 2:10 pm

Glad you and doggies are okay but my vote is that debate was worse. What a train wreck! 😦

3. ibikenyc September 30, 2020 / 3:56 pm

OMG! So glad you prevailed over the spider!

Desert life, eh?! πŸ˜‰

As far as The Debacle — uh, I mean The Debate — Cluster Bs gonna Cluster B.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote September 30, 2020 / 7:16 pm

The rash I had on my face from the tarantula attack is gone now. I am thankful for my autumn allergies, because my eyes were already watering heavily when the urticating hairs hit me in the face. I felt several go in my eyes, but they were immediately washed right out. So, it could have been a whole lot worse. Today, I am praising God that my eyes were full of water.

As for the other thing… I am doing a lot of praying.

Thanks for asking. I hope all is well with you.

• seekingdivineperspective September 30, 2020 / 7:34 pm

Yes, we should ALL be praying!
        Check out “the Return,” the prayer gathering which happened last weekend in D.C., if you haven’t already.

thereturnsimulcast.com/the-return

It’s long, but at least watch/listen to Jonathan Cahn’s prophetic message, starting at about 2:53 into the second video (Saturday daytime.)

4. oldandblessed September 30, 2020 / 8:35 pm

I’m certain tarantulas everywhere would prefer being considered in comparison to something else.

5. Lisa Beth September 30, 2020 / 8:56 pm

I just learned what “urticating hairs” are. AGH! But the debate actually felt like urticating hairs in my head.
    Happy for your dogs to have such a caring and brave owner! πŸ™‚

6. Lesley October 1, 2020 / 3:26 am

Oh my goodness, Linda! I actually like spiders, but there is very little chance of encountering a Tarantula in our yards here in the UK. I hope your skin has recovered.
    I’ve watched sections of the debate on t.v. I, too, am praying for you all in being led by God as you vote. The whole world depends on the outcome. xx

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 1, 2020 / 7:51 am

Hello, Leslie. It is refreshing to know someone who likes spiders. My dear stepdaughter has a terror of spiders, she screams at the very sight of one as though she is being murdered! But generally speaking, spiders are good for eating other nasty insects. I don’t like the poisonous black widow spider, though. They are prevalent in our part of the world. And the tarantula is not good to have around either, particularly not with dogs.

I appreciate your prayers for guidance in our voting this election. As you say, the outcome will affect so many, even far beyond our borders. And, as I see it, the issues involved are quite complex.

God bless you. ❀❀❀

• Lesley October 1, 2020 / 9:33 am

Hi Linda. One of our sons is terrified of spiders too. I love all kinds of animals, but have a particular fondness bugs and beasties, which I suppose other people consider abnormal. Mind you, the kinds of bugs and beasties you get will probably be far more frightening than ours. πŸ˜ƒ
        God bless you too. πŸ’–πŸ›

7. ken riddles October 1, 2020 / 5:14 am

As a non-American I was saddened by the whole thing – all debating disappeared for a slanging match – I’m afraid both men received no admiration from myself. The Tarantula is also not in my world – hope you are well and able. Have a good day.

• Linda Lee/Lady Quixote October 1, 2020 / 7:40 am

Thank you. Yes, the debate was a very good example of how not to do a debate. I hope you are well, too.

8. bluebird of bitterness October 8, 2020 / 7:58 am

I’m terrified of spiders — at least the large ones. The stuff of nightmares. I know they serve a useful purpose, but that doesn’t mean I ever want to encounter one.

(WP is still being persnickety. Today it will let me like comments, but not posts.)