A Covid-19 Lament and Prayer

Familiar routines
smiling faces
handshakes and hugs
in welcoming places

How do you grieve
the loss of everything?
It was winter when it all began
springtime, now summer covers the land

With no end in sight
I pray with all my might:
“Lord, teach us what we need to see
and deliver us soon from covid-19!”

Copyright © 2020 by Linda Lee @LadyQuixote

56648-1-john-5-13-14.1200w.tn

38 thoughts on “A Covid-19 Lament and Prayer

1. @preacherbiker July 27, 2020 / 4:30 pm

Love you posted on FB

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee July 27, 2020 / 4:52 pm

Hi, Beth! I was thinking about you earlier today, wondering how you and your family are doing. ❤❤

2. Lesley July 27, 2020 / 5:55 pm

Amen! I feel like we’ve transferred into a parallel dimension. 😲

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee August 2, 2020 / 1:26 am

Oh my goodness, Angel, I just found your comment in my spam folder. Sorry about that. Thank you for your ‘Amen’. ❤❤❤

3. successbmine July 27, 2020 / 7:36 pm

Love it, and agree with you 100%. Let’s pray this thing out of existence and prove all the negative prognostications wrong. There’s one major problem with them–they do not consider the Lord in the equation. We do have the upper hand when we walk in obedience to Him. God bless.

4. oneta hayes July 27, 2020 / 10:25 pm

Yes, wouldn’t we love to have what we once considered mundane! Just the ordinary pleasant lives we had learned to take for granted with hardly a “thank you.” We are learning.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee July 28, 2020 / 1:07 pm

Now more than ever, I realize how much I took for granted. I’m trying to be mindful now of how blessed we are, even in the midst of these unsettling days!

5. oldandblessed July 28, 2020 / 9:19 am

Reblogged this on oldblessedwordpresscom and commented:
    This, from one of my fellow bloggers, reminds me of how much we can miss our routines from the pre-coronavirus times. No matter how exciting or uneventful our lives might have been, the virus has disrupted it. The future seems even more unknown.

6. Paul Martin July 31, 2020 / 4:52 am

AMAZING! Simply Amazing! The good news is that there will be no Covid-19 in Heaven! And no “social distancing” either!!!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee July 31, 2020 / 8:54 am

Yes!! I am not ready to leave this world yet, because I still have some unfinished business to attend to. But I am really looking forward to my ultimate destination. The older I get, the more I can’t wait!

7. Beverley August 1, 2020 / 12:59 pm

I am praying this prayer with you, Linda. I missed the life we had before. We are now living a life of uncertainty and only by the grace of God that we are alive. May God deliver us from COVID-19 and all the other plots of the enemy. Thank you for sharing.

8. Nancy Ruegg August 1, 2020 / 3:28 pm

Well done, Linda! Ordinary is going to feel extraordinarily wonderful when Covid is behind us!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee September 16, 2020 / 6:10 pm

Thank you! God bless you, Fay Ann. I’m sorry I didn’t reply to your comment sooner, it was in my spam folder. I’m glad I found your comment. I visited your blog and it looks great!

• Fay Ann Swearing September 16, 2020 / 6:26 pm

Thanks muchfor your kind comment. Much appreciated.
        Blessings to you as you navigate your journey with the Lord