Heat Wave!

IMG_20200104_170623_1

I went outside yesterday, looked at the digital thermometer that I have hanging in the shade of the porch, and said “Wow! The temperature has gone down. It’s only 100!”

Then I realized how odd it is to say “It’s only 100!” But our high temperature yesterday was 112 degrees Fahrenheit, so 100 was definitely an improvement. Today our high is supposed to be 105, according to the Accuweather forecast. Which means we will probably have a high of 107, because the temperature at our house is typically two degrees hotter than the forecast. Still, 107 is better than 112! I like to look on the bright side of things, ya know? πŸ˜€

Our historical average high in this part of New Mexico during the month of July is 94. Hot, but not a triple digit number. I saw on the news that much of the United States is having an unprecedented heat wave.

2020. A year like no other!

philippians-4-6-7-2

21 thoughts on “Heat Wave!

1. Lydia Potter July 14, 2020 / 9:28 am

What the!? That is hot!!!!! It’s just a tad cooler here.
    Stay cool.
    2020 is truly the most wacky year ever.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee July 14, 2020 / 9:33 am

I’m glad it’s cooler there. I hope you have air conditioning! We just got our central air conditioning installed last September. Before that, we were using window ac units, which were inadequate even for a normal summer. I am so thankful every time I hear our central air conditioning come on.

2. Sue Cass July 14, 2020 / 9:44 am

I lived in Arizona and we had the same thing but on the other side of the coin, when I lived in Wyoming anything above zero was considered a “heat wave.” I hated it!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee July 14, 2020 / 10:41 am

Brrr! Here in east central New Mexico, we regularly get below freezing temperatures in the winter, and sweltering temps in the summer — with a brief season of ‘Just Right’ in the early spring.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee July 14, 2020 / 10:55 am

We live just a short drive from the Texas panhandle, so I feel your pain. Our area is considered semi arid, high desert. The high plains and high desert meet, just a few miles from our town. We get some extreme weather here sometimes: supercells, mesocyclones, tornadoes, hail the size of baseballs and softballs. We even had a three day blizzard a few Januarys ago, that left 10′ snow drifts all around our house.

The weather is a lot of things here, but never boring!

3. Bill Sweeney July 14, 2020 / 11:14 am

It’s been around a hundred degrees here in our little piece of Texas, Linda. We are thankful for our new air conditioner!

4. @preacherbiker July 14, 2020 / 11:51 am

Great post sharing on FB LOVE YOU

5. Tricia July 14, 2020 / 3:59 pm

Hot here too but I’m in San Diego so really can’t complain! Lovely photo, did you take it?

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee July 14, 2020 / 4:05 pm

I ❀ California! I was born there, in fact. My eldest son and two of my grandchildren live in the San Francisco area, and two of my husband’s grandchildren live near San Diego. I was hoping to travel out that way to visit our family this year, but not now.

Yes, I did take the picture, thank you. I took it in early January. We get some amazing sunrises and sunsets. Almost makes up for the crazy weather!

• Tricia July 14, 2020 / 11:14 pm

Oh I had no idea you have such a Cali connection! Knew I liked you for a reason πŸ˜€

6. atimetoshare.me July 14, 2020 / 8:24 pm

That is really hot😳

7. Geri Lawhon July 17, 2020 / 8:46 am

Not so hot here as the temperature is only in the 90″s. Unfortunately, the humidity is also above 90 every day. Thank god for air conditioning.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee July 17, 2020 / 9:04 am

Hi, Geri! Thanks for stopping by. I see that you live in Branson, Missouri. I grew up about an hour’s drive from there. Branson was very different, in the 1950s and 60s.

I don’t do well in humidity. Neither does my hair. Here in New Mexico, we almost never get much humidity. About 10% is typical. Except during the monsoon seasons!

I noticed on your blog that your husband, like mine, is a Vietnam war veteran. Please tell him ‘Welcome Home’ from me, and give him my thanks for his service.

God bless! And yes, I thank the good Lord for air conditioning!

8. Geri Lawhon July 17, 2020 / 9:15 am

My hair doesn’t like humidity either, but I’ve learned what hairstyle suits me and just ignore the bad hair days like they never happened. Over the last 30 years, I noticed a big transformation in Branson. This town just keeps evolving. I love that about cities, towns, and people. I’ll give Mark, my wonderful fiance, a Welcome Home for you. I’ve got New Mexico on my bucket list. I drove through, but never got a chance to really enjoy it. Take care!

9. Holly July 23, 2020 / 7:08 am

Oh my goodness!! That is hot! I’ll be honest with you, I’m not a fan of the heat. 😊 Most especially if it’s humid heat like it is here. It quite literally feels suffocating. Praise the Lord for A/C! My heart sincerely goes out to all of the homeless and folks suffering in poverty who don’t have the luxury of conditioned air.

I love your “look on the bright side of things.” Very cute!

Praying you stay cool, stay safe, and have an outrageously blessed day!

10. Paul Martin July 31, 2020 / 4:59 am

Maybe I’m a few sandwiches shy of a picnic basket, but I absolutely LOVE the HEAT! I could LIVE and THRIVE in the Desert!!! I PRAY for Global Warming, although I think it’s just another empty political promise! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I’ll just say this… Heaven is perfect, right? Therefore, It will be a PERFECT 87Β° F, with a 12-15% humidity! And the SON will shine ALL DAY! (NO NIGHT THERE‼️) I am a Sun lover, and a SON worshipper!!!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee July 31, 2020 / 8:57 am

A few sandwiches shy of a picnic basket. Lol… Hmm. I just remembered that I haven’t had my breakfast yet. A sandwich sounds good…