15 thoughts on “Thoughts from a Tennessee Pastor about trusting God during covid-19

1. faithfamilyweaving June 28, 2020 / 3:37 am

Much needed words of wisdom! Thank you for sharing!

2. Lesley June 28, 2020 / 4:11 am

Yes, I agree! πŸ™Œ

3. @preacherbiker June 28, 2020 / 4:21 am

Said it all

4. oldandblessed June 28, 2020 / 6:42 am

You can trust God and still splatter the blood on your door post when the plauge comes, after all didn’t He tell you to do it. (Many pastors moved from trusting God to testing God when Covid came on the scene, and their flock paid the price.) There’s a clear praticality to belief in God that many never get. The spritual is very important; however, we cannot forget the corporal.

• Lesley June 28, 2020 / 9:43 am

That’s how I see it – we shouldn’t put God to the test and he gave us brain cells to use our common sense.

5. Paul Martin June 28, 2020 / 10:59 am

To use a southern expression, “That dog’ll hunt!” πŸ˜‚

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee June 28, 2020 / 11:51 am

That hunting dog expression takes me right back to my childhood in the Ozarks, to some of the happier memories. Thanks! πŸ˜€

6. lavenderandlevity June 28, 2020 / 7:22 pm

Thinking also about one of the very kind Episcopal rectors I have known. I feel like she’d add something about trusting God means trusting his charge to always first do unto others as we would have them do unto us. Wearing a mask is compassionate to others, and I think she’d say the most important thing she’d say was to trust God’s charge that we’re to look out for each foremost of all.

7. seekingdivineperspective June 28, 2020 / 7:39 pm

When the devil was tempting Jesus in the wilderness, he used a partial verse from Psalm 91 to try to get Him to jump off the Temple and expect the angels to catch Him. (He didn’t.)
    (“Just sayin’ …”)