Which quarantine day is it?

I woke up before sunrise this morning and thought: “I guess this is Monday. Or the day after whatever day it was when I went to bed last night…”

Then I picked up my tablet, turned it on, and discovered it was actually Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 5:11am.

Meme3

March 11 was sixty-three days ago. On that day, I was one of twelve jurors serving on a trial in the county courthouse. Also on that day, the governor of the state of New Mexico, where I live, issued an order declaring a public health emergency due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, covid-19. Since then, our lives have become more and more restricted. All non-essential activities have come to an end for now, including jury trials.

Meanwhile, I feel like I’m living in an endless time loop, where every day is the same same — just like in the movie Groundhog Day. March 11 seems like a lifetime ago. I miss my normal life. I miss going to church. I miss visiting with friends. I miss shopping and eating out. I even miss the courthouse, the judge, the prosecuting attorney, and especially the eleven other jurors. They were good people. It took us less than an hour to reach two unanimous verdicts: one Guilty, one Not Guilty. I believe justice was done.

I recently saw a quote on Our Little Red House Blog that made me laugh: Day 7 at home and the dog is looking at me like, “See? This is why I chew the furniture.”  It’s Day 63 here and my husband, our two dogs, and I are running out of furniture to chew! 😉

Thank you so much for stopping by. My stats are booming, according to a message I got yesterday from WordPress, and I really appreciate it. Feel free to share your thoughts about this crazy quarantine in the comments below. Here’s a safe social-distancing grandma ((HUG)) if you want one. God bless! ❤❤

PS: For anyone who doesn’t know, my granddaughter and her husband have fully recovered from covid-19. Thank you so much for your prayers!!!

39 thoughts on “Which quarantine day is it?

1. Lydia Potter May 13, 2020 / 10:53 am

So glad to hear your granddaughter and husband have recovered.
    March 12 was the day for me. Feels like forever ago but also like it just happened. I counted how many days it was last week, told me sister, and she didn’t believe it was such a huge number, but it’s true.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 13, 2020 / 11:53 am

Your comment went into my spam folder. No way, that should never happen!

Was March 12 your last normal day at school? It was around that day when the schools here were shut down. We live just a couple of blocks away from the elementary and high schools. It’s so different with the schools closed.

• Lydia Potter May 13, 2020 / 11:57 am

I figured. It’s been doing that a lot recently on all blogs for my comments. I’m glad you check your spam.

Yeah pretty much. Also the last day on the job. I hate thinking of that day….
        So true.
        Just so you know, I copied what you sent me the other day of your story and I put it into a document I will never lose. My heart breaks every time I read it, but it’s something I NEVER want to lose.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 13, 2020 / 1:02 pm

Oh, dearest Lydia. You are so very precious. I’m all teary, now. ❤❤

Several months ago, most of the comments that I was leaving on other people’s blogs started going straight to their spam folders. Why this was happening, I have no idea. I had been commenting on most of these blogs for years, with no problems

I contacted the customer service for WordPress and got no help. I was simply told that “It’s up to the owners of the blogs if they want to post your comments.” But I was pretty sure that my long time blogger friends didn’t suddenly decide to put me in spam purgatory, all at the same time!

I wrote a post about my problem, and one of my followers told me to contact Akismet customer service, because they are the people that control the spam filter. I did contact them, and almost immediately, my problem was solved! I will give you the link I used to contact them, in a couple of minutes — I need to search my tablet to find it. 😊

• Lydia Potter May 13, 2020 / 1:07 pm

((hug))

Oh, I know!!! It’s weird. They keep saying “some bloggers hold their comments for moderation.” I know that… I’m one of those! But that’s not the issue!!!

Cool.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 13, 2020 / 1:50 pm

Hi, Ann.The link you left in your comment didn’t go anywhere. I believe you posted the link that comes up, when you are editing your post. I went to your blog and searched until I found it, then copied that link and pasted it into your comment.

While I was at it, I also read that post. And I LOVE it! Especially the prayer at the end. I hope everyone who reads this, also reads your very prescient post about Groundhog Day!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 13, 2020 / 8:02 pm

Lol. In the 1980s, before I went to nursing school, I worked in a Radio Shack store. Remember those? This was back in the day when computers, cell phones, and the internet were all very new. I was The Person that everybody came to for help with technical stuff. But now, technology has changed so much, it’s like a whole other language. Both my smart phone and my laptop are giving me fits. I’m thinking I need to ask the 7 year old next door for advice!

2. atimetoshare.me May 13, 2020 / 12:20 pm

Glad you and your family are doing well. It looks like we’re on the same wave length today with our thoughts about time.

3. simplywendi May 13, 2020 / 1:22 pm

YAY!!! prayers answered……….sooo happy to read this, thank you for sharing.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 13, 2020 / 1:27 pm

Thank you for your prayers! This grandma has been doing a lot of Happy Dancing. Which our two rescue dogs seem to enjoy, lol. They try to dance, too. 😀

• simplywendi May 14, 2020 / 9:31 am

🙂 that is awesome! we have have 2 rescue dogs too (and 2 rescue cats) and 1 rescue chicken we added to our small flock. 🙂 thanks again for sharing the great news!

4. Sue Cass May 13, 2020 / 2:22 pm

Well this old lady is enjoying freedom. I’m sick of all the deception and fear mongering from the MSM so I do and go where I want when I want and how I want. Just call me rebellious if you want. My roommate and I have also enjoyed grilled ribs at Appleby’s restaurant and Fajitas at Chili’s, both DINE-IN. We’ve begun to feel human again instead of rats trapped in a maze controlled by an invisible monster. And no, we didn’t wear masks, gloves, or haz mat suits and enjoyed every bite. Servers did but we enjoyed our freedom.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 13, 2020 / 2:56 pm

You are a true Rebel, Sue. I was a germaphobe even before this pandemic, so I am taking all the precautions. My granddaughter and her husband both tested positive, and they were very sick. My husband’s niece and her fiance recently tested positive. And one of my closest real life friends is a Navajo. Although she and her Native American husband no longer live on the reservation (in the Gallup area of New Mexico), they have dozens of family and friends still living there, and they are dying literally by the hour. I was on the phone with my Navajo friend just two days ago and she was telling me about it. She is 72 years old, her husband is 75, and they have never seen anything close to this many deaths in such a short time among their loved ones. For this reason, they aren’t going anywhere out of their home unless they have to, and when they do, they wear masks — and they steer very clear of the majority of people who aren’t wearing masks.

I pray you stay safe. You are a terrific lady and I love you! ❤❤

Oh, speaking of me being a germaphobe — my daughter used to tease me that I was almost as bad as the Adrian Monk character. Have you ever watched Monk? I saw a news report that the actor who played that role, and his wife, both tested positive for covid-19. Apparently, in real life, he wasn’t that germophobic!

• Sue Cass May 13, 2020 / 3:26 pm

I’m using common sense in my outings. I shop when I know there is no crowd, the restaurants we’ve been to have all the precautions in place, and I’m mostly a home body anyway, but I refuse to be hornswaggled by a corrupt government with an agenda that benefits them not us. It is about choices and they took those away. That’s what gets under my skin. You choose to stay home and that’s fine. If you’re comfortable doing that then more power to you because that’s what you choose to do, but they have no right to tell me I have to lock myself in my house when I am not sick! (Oh you pushed a button. lol) I’m sorry to hear so many of your loved ones have come down with it and praise God they are better. I’ll quite now. 🙂

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 13, 2020 / 4:47 pm

PS: I’m glad you are using your common sense! That’s better than a lot of people in my immediate neighborhood, who are holding big, loud parties night after night! Our sheriff lives on our street,and apparently he doesn’t mind!

I am not a huge fan of our current government administration, either. I just happen to agree that fighting this pandemic is similar to being at war, and when we are at war, certain freedoms may need to be temporarily curtailed for the greater good.

HOWEVER, that is only my opinion, I am certainly no authority. I have held opinions before that later proved to be wrong. Very, VERY wrong. So, take it with a grain of salt. 😀

5. @preacherbiker May 13, 2020 / 4:32 pm

Loved this one,you are my favorite germophopic
    Love Stas

6. successbmine May 13, 2020 / 10:09 pm

I know what you mean. I seem to think every day is Saturday, or going to be Saturday the next morning. So glad your granddaughter and her husband are well again. I don’t even know how many days this is for us. All I remember is that March 15 was the last day we had church and the last day I was out anywhere. I’m sure hoping this will soon end. Make sure you don’t get any splinters when you chew the furniture! 🙂

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 14, 2020 / 12:24 am

Lol… considering how badly our big dog is shedding right now, and the fact that most of our furniture is upholstered, we are more likely to get hairballs than splinters.

I don’t remember our last day in church. It may have been the prayer meeting on March 19. Forever ago.

7. Renee/Heart Tokens May 14, 2020 / 5:58 am

Linda, feel I’ve been out of the loop lately. Sorry to hear that you had family who got sick during all this, but so thankful they are ok now!

Oh my goodness I feel like I’m stuck on Groundhog Day lol and that joke about the dog chewing the furniture, made me laugh out loud! 😆

8. Beverley May 16, 2020 / 8:24 pm

Praise the Lord that your family members have recovered. I am praying that things will return to normal soon. Keep trusting in the Lord. Blessings to you.

9. justaseniorwholovesjesus May 16, 2020 / 10:17 pm

I’m so happy to hear that your granddaughter and her husband recovered. ❤️

• justaseniorwholovesjesus May 16, 2020 / 10:22 pm

Thank you so much! That’s so sweet. ❤️

• justaseniorwholovesjesus May 16, 2020 / 11:21 pm

Hi Linda Lee, I’m also enjoying reading your blog. Which is awesome and informative. Being a Christian, I couldn’t imagine getting through anything in life without Jesus. Thanks for the repost. I laughed so hard when I saw that image that I had to post it. ❤️

10. Paul Martin May 20, 2020 / 8:37 am

Wow! I don’t know how I missed this post!! 😂😂
    Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies! And yes, this Quarantine feels like Groundhog Day!!! I often wonder if I’m going a little 🤪🤪😜😜… But then realize that I’ve been that way for a while now! 😂😂😂.. Anyways, this is a GREAT post!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 20, 2020 / 3:10 pm

Awww, thank you, Paul. You just made my day! Let’s see, that’s Groundhog Day number . . . 70! It’s been 70 days! WOW.

11. marianbeaman June 3, 2020 / 10:11 am

May we soon get on a different “loop”! Like Bill Murray, we are tired of the same old-same old, and SICK of the outrageous racial divide too.

Praise God for blessings amid the craziness, not the least of which is the recovery of your loved ones!