Birthdays are Weird During the Covid-19 Shutdown

I had a birthday recently. Thanks to cell phones and email, I received plenty of Happy Birthday wishes and virtual hugs. I am so thankful for my loving family and friends. Truly, I am blessed beyond measure. But I will be super glad when we can have normal celebrations again.

In the meantime, here’s a humorous meme my husband sent me via text message. We don’t know who the genius is that created this. But if you ever watched The Golden Girls on TV, you are probably going to love it:

20200428_143220

Thank you for stopping by. Did you notice my blog is now Ad Free? Buying my own domain was my birthday gift to myself — and to my readers. Sending love and a safe, social-distancing grandma ((HUG)). I love my blogging friends. ❀❀❀

God bless!

43 thoughts on “Birthdays are Weird During the Covid-19 Shutdown

1. Sue Cass May 2, 2020 / 9:24 pm

Thanks for the laugh. I, too can hear that conversation and I’m still laughing. Happy late birthday.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 3, 2020 / 8:15 am

Thank you, Sue! I saw you “Like” this post last night and was puzzled that you didn’t leave a comment, since you typically do. But this morning I checked my spam folder and found your comment. Why would Askimet put your sweet comment in spam??

If you’re having problems with your comments not showing up on people’s blogs, it’s probably because they are going to spam and a lot of bloggers never check their spam folder. I had the same thing happening to my comments several months ago. WP’s customer service was no help in my case, but I got great immediate help from the Askimet helpline. If you need that link, let me know, I have it saved somewhere… πŸ˜€

• Sue Cass May 3, 2020 / 9:57 am

Yours is the only one I have heard about. You can send me the link but if it’s more than on/off technology I’m sunk. lol

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 3, 2020 / 10:42 am

Right, anything more than on/off technology is a little much for me, too. I will post the link here in a comment, as soon as I find it. The link is pretty simple, thankfully.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 3, 2020 / 10:55 am

Okay, here is what I did to stop my comments on other people’s blogs from going to their spam folder. First, I was advised to contact Akismet, because they are the people that handle Spam for WordPress. Here is the link I used to tell them about my problem:Β https://akismet.com/contact/

The morning after I sent my request to the above link, they sent me a simple form via email for me to fill out. I did, and within just a few minutes they had solved my problem. No more Spam Purgatory!

2. Bruce Cooper May 3, 2020 / 4:49 am

Happy Belated Birthday Linda Lee, I’m thinking we both have the same birth month! Blessings to you and yours!

3. Margaret from soulfood101blog May 3, 2020 / 8:25 am

Hahaha Yes AND I could hear their voices when I read it…oh my goodness do you reckon I have been secluded too long hahaha πŸ˜‰ HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Linda. I pray all your birthday wishes come true πŸ™‚

4. atimetoshare.me May 3, 2020 / 9:11 am

Happy birthday to you! I love the Golden Girls and each of the above comments are spot on for each of the characters. I hope you had a pleasant day in spite of lockdown.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 3, 2020 / 9:15 am

Thank you. It was a very nice day. I even got a delivery of flowers from my stepdaughter. Apparently, the florist is considered an essential business. πŸ™‚

5. Widdershins May 3, 2020 / 8:53 pm

Happy recent Birth Day!!! πŸ˜€ Hope you scored lots of loot. πŸ˜€ … the Golden Girls conversation was pitch-perfect! πŸ˜€

6. @preacherbiker May 4, 2020 / 1:16 am

You are my everything

7. ibikenyc May 4, 2020 / 10:11 am

Belated wishes for THE! BEST! YEAR! EVER!!!!!

And a million happy returns ❀

Thank you for the ad-free experience πŸ™‚

Love that florists are considered essential. That's giving me big-time warm fuzzies πŸ˜€

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 4, 2020 / 2:49 pm

The florist also brought me some chocolate, even though she doesn’t sell chocolate in her shop, because my stepdaughter told her that I have been missing my weekly chocolate fix. How awesome is that! Very warm fuzzies, indeed. πŸ™‚

• ibikenyc May 5, 2020 / 2:11 pm

AWWWWWW!!!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

8. successbmine May 4, 2020 / 7:58 pm

Happy belated birthday Linda. This will be one to remember for just how different it was. It’s nice that florists can still deliver flowers–and chocolate! A good way to be cheered up.

9. Sleeping Tiger May 5, 2020 / 8:17 pm

Happy belated birthday Linda! I was thinking about that recently, how it would be to have a birthday during this thing. Lol on the Golden Girls meme.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 5, 2020 / 9:12 pm

Thank you! I actually spent about 4 or 5 hours talking on the phone on my birthday, to various people who called to wish me a happy day. I don’t actually like talking on the phone that much, but it was nice overall. Different. But nice. πŸ™‚

10. Invisibly Me May 6, 2020 / 3:12 am

Nice shiny new domain! I’m sorry I’m late catching up but…

πŸŒΉπŸŽ‰πŸŒΉHAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!! πŸŒΉπŸŽ‰πŸŒΉ

I’m sure the world looks totally different to what you could have ever imagined for this birthday, but I hope you could still enjoy it at home. Sending hugs,

Caz xx

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee May 6, 2020 / 9:18 am

Awwww, thank you so much. Yes, it was a good birthday, I spent hours on the phone with my adult children who called to wish me a happy birthday. It was the next best thing to being there. ❀❀