4 Updates: One Silly, and Three AWESOME Great Good News!

Inside Looking Out-1024

Update #1:
Starting with my silly update, my stay-at-home boredom has finally been alleviated: I found a message in my spam folder! Written by someone who calls himself ‘Blog’, the message reads:

“Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too excellent.
I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which
you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible.
I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually
a wonderful site.”

Thanks, Blog, for the excellent, enjoyable, sensible, and wonderful entertainment. I can’t wait to read much more great goods from you, too, man. … Uhm, NOT. You are now blocked and deleted. Buh-bye. πŸ˜ƒ

Sigh… my spam folder is once again empty. πŸ˜…

Updates #2 and 3:
NOW, for the Great Good News updates — thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for all your prayers, with regards to my recent prayer requests. My granddaughter and her husband, who live in New York state and tested positive for covid-19 on April 10, are now feeling almost as good as new! My granddaughter and I were chatting yesterday. She said she was in the middle of a big cleaning spree of their apartment, and also working hard to catch up on her doctoral school work. Her husband, who fell sick a few days before my granddaughter did, recovered shortly before she did. He is still employed by Harvard University, but working from home, online.

Update #4:
Regarding my prayer request for an anonymous loved one who lives in Washington state and had emergency surgery three weeks ago to remove a growth that the doctor believed was cancer — it took a long time to get the pathologist’s report, but the news finally came through: this very dear,Β  very close relative Does Not Have Cancer! Hallelujah!!!!!! My relative is now back at work, full time.

As for my husband and me, we are staying quietly at home in New Mexico with our two rescue dogs, doing a fairly good job of not driving each other too crazy, yaay! He reads a lot, goes on Facebook a lot, and plays computer solitaire. He’s now up to level 255, woo hoo! Meanwhile, I am still plugging away on my memoir, writing every single day. I will post a more in-depth report about that, in the near future.

How about you? I would love to read your comments about how you are getting through this unprecedented time. Thank you for stopping by. Here’s a big, safe, social distancing grandma ((HUG)) if you want one. God bless! ❀❀❀

philippians-4-6-7-2

38 thoughts on “4 Updates: One Silly, and Three AWESOME Great Good News!

1. Robert April 23, 2020 / 7:21 am

Great to hear of the answer to prayer, and very funny about the spam! πŸ˜€

2. Lydia Potter April 23, 2020 / 7:30 am

That first one… oh my. I get silly things like that one a lot! Block and delete! YEP! πŸ˜‰
    That’s great news! So happy to hear. ❀
    Oh, and grandma HUGS are the BEST ever!!!!! I'll gladly take one! ❀ ❀ ❀

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee April 23, 2020 / 7:57 am

Thank you, dear Lydia. I love your sweet heart. Love your blog, too. ❀❀❀
      I’m getting ready to go grocery shopping. Praying that no viruses come anywhere near me!

3. Sue Cass April 23, 2020 / 9:32 am

Hi Linda: I get the spam junk all the time and do the same. I’m happy to hear you’re still working on your memoirs and as for me, I’m still playing in the dirt and patiently waiting for the cover design for my new book, Amy’s Quest, to be sent for my approval. This virus stuff has really slowed things down. Stay safe and well and praise God the granddaughter and hubby are back healthy and happy.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee April 23, 2020 / 12:05 pm

Yaay, please let me know when your book is ready to purchase. Will there be an ebook format? I prefer to read on my lightweight Kindle. It’s so much easier on my arthritic hands.

4. ibikenyc April 23, 2020 / 12:35 pm

YAY for health in Washington State!!!!! πŸ˜€ You musta been weak in the knees with relief!

5. Shanon Crenshaw April 23, 2020 / 5:37 pm

Praise God!!! Thank you for sharing your prayers and family with us!! We are all one family and we Need to lift each other up in love and I prayer.

My family are doing well here in Washington State—keeping busy spring cleaning the house, working outside weather permitting, and praying all the while.

May God’s Glory and love shine brightly through all the brokenness and suffering happening throughout the world right now. ✝ πŸ™

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee April 23, 2020 / 7:12 pm

“May God’s Glory and love shine brightly through all the brokenness and suffering happening throughout the world right now.” I agree, Shanon. Amen.

6. successbmine April 23, 2020 / 6:04 pm

So glad to hear your family and your friend are healthy and whole. That is great news indeed. I get spam like that too, and I just transfer it to the spam file. I guess when we are in the public eye to even a small degree we we can expect that sort of stuff. Funny thing, they never seem to be able to write proper English. πŸ™‚

7. marianbeaman April 24, 2020 / 8:06 am

I’m extending our conversation on my blog by visiting yours. Your stories of victory are inspiring and how you are coping during this challenging time being productive. You mention that you write every. single. day. That is the key to finishing – writing even when you don’t feel like it – or when inspiration lags.

The message in your spam folder likely came from someone whose English is a second language – unless he/she was over-medicated. πŸ˜€

You are such a blessing, Linda Lee. Thanks for all of this!

• seekingdivineperspective April 24, 2020 / 1:00 pm

I’m with you, MARIANBEAMAN. I have followers who aren’t super with English, but I speak ZERO of their language, and I think it’s sweet that they try. I never know what in my blog might touch a person’s life, so as long as they aren’t asking me for my social security number, they’re welcome to read anything I write.

8. Eric Saretsky April 24, 2020 / 10:25 pm

Sounds like you are maintaining a sense of humor during all this craziness. Keep safe and Praise God!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee April 24, 2020 / 10:28 pm

Thank you! I am currently sitting in a very uncomfortable position, not daring to move, because our poodle is sleeping in my arms and I don’t want to disturb him. I’m just not normal, I know it. But I figured you would understand, after seeing the delightful title of your blog. God bless!

9. Paul Martin April 26, 2020 / 8:55 am

Praise God for the great things He is doing in your life and those of your family!!!
    My family and I are just continuing to trust God in these times. We realize that nothing happens apart from His permissive will, nor does anything take God by surprise. Knowing that is a comfort!! Whether it’s Cancer, Coronavirus, or just plain trials of life! He holds, and will continue to hold our lives in His hands!! This is the BEST place IMHO to be!!! Blessings to you, Linda!!