Inside Looking Out-1024

I posted something this morning, after I’d had only about 3 hours of sleep, without giving credit to the talented blogger who had not only taken the lovely picture, but had also come up with the humorous and timely caption. Then I went back to bed, got approximately 3 more hours of sleep, and after I woke up, I remembered that I had failed to copy and paste a link to the blogger who deserved all of the credit.

So I logged onto my tablet, intending to rectify the situation immediately. I saw that I had about half a dozen comments waiting for approval on my latest post. “Yikes,” I said to myself, “before I do anything, I need to go to the blog that I downloaded that picture from several days ago, and get a copy of the link so I can add it to this post, with an update notifying my readers that I goofed up!”

But, when I went to the original blog, to make a long story short, I saw that the blogger was chastising me — and rightfully so! — for having used her beautiful picture and clever title, without giving her proper credit. She did not ask me to take my post down, merely to give her the credit. But I made the decision to take it down, because I shouldn’t have used it without her permission in the first place. And also because… well, right now I am embarrassed. Feeling stupid and thoughtless. Ugh, I hate that feeling!

Lady-Sofa1024

Again, I am very sorry for not thinking clearly this morning when my head was foggy from lack of sleep. I am sorry, too, for all of the comments that I cannot now approve and reply to, on my now deleted post.

I think everyone’s nerves are frayed and our thinking capacity can quickly go into mental overload, with everything that’s going on in our lives these days. The pictures on this post are ones that I took myself, some years back. I hope they will bring some smiles. ❤❤❤

Lady+Horses-1024

“What the world needs now is more LOVE.” ~ Lady the Australian Cattle Dog.

PS: Here is a link to the original ‘Social Distancing ‘ blog with the great picture of the seagulls: https://inspired2ignite.com/2020/03/18/social-isolation/

Zoe Hisey, the blog author, has very graciously accepted my apology. She really is an awesome person, I highly recommend her blog.

30 thoughts on “My Deepest Apologies for Doing Something Stupid: Updated with link to the original Social Distancing post

1. Zoe Hisey March 22, 2020 / 2:37 pm

Thank you for being vulnerable and showing your humanness, Linda. Your integrity will always outshine and be more important than any “mistake” you make. You are a true gem. Be well. ❤ Zoe

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee March 22, 2020 / 2:45 pm

Girl, now you’ve got me all teary eyed. Thank you for being so understanding. Here’s a safe social distancing ((HUG)) ❤❤❤

I just added a link to you at the bottom of this updated post.

2. bornagain732 March 22, 2020 / 2:42 pm

Aaaaw! I still love ya 🙏🏻❤️

3. seekingdivineperspective March 22, 2020 / 3:35 pm

Please stop beating yourself up. At least you were able to delete it.
    I used to direct the Christmas musical at my children’s school, and I would often quote Scripture in talking to the kids as well as in some of the songs I had written for the program. One spring I was looking through the yearbook we had just received and was horrified to see that the kids who put it together had quoted Scripture in a couple of places and attributed the quotes to ME! I was mortified, but there was nothing I could do about it. :/

4. Heidi Viars March 22, 2020 / 4:44 pm

Sleep-Blogging!!! Anyone who is this committed like you are needs to post more … soon … please 🙂 You are awesome!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee March 22, 2020 / 7:25 pm

You are too kind. But now I am reminded of a commercial that used to be on TV many years ago. The camera focuses in on an actor, dressed in a white coat, with a stethoscope slung around his neck. The actor is saying “I’m not really a doctor, I just play one on TV.”

When I read your sweet comment, I thought “I’m not really awesome, I just seem that way sometimes on my blog.” Lol. Seriously, I have been feeling really ditzy all day, not awesome at all! But thank you so much for your kindness. You are Super Awesome for saying that! 😀

5. Valeria Ellis March 23, 2020 / 6:41 am

Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone is humble enough to handle them graciously! You’re great, Linda! 😎

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee March 23, 2020 / 8:19 am

Thank you so much. But I just feel like a dufus… which, according to my tablet, isn’t even a word!

6. Valeria Ellis March 23, 2020 / 9:28 am

Oh no!!! Don’t feel like that. The enemy will use any opportunity to discourage you! Don’t let him do it! Anyway, since dufus isn’t a word, you’re not allowed to feel like one! 🤣I’ve been in very similar shoes before! Lot’s of love coming your way.🥰

7. ourlittleredhouseblog March 23, 2020 / 12:30 pm

Love your photos Linda, especially the one with the dog trying to take their place on the couch that is too cute. I am having some sleep issues as well, and sometimes I will have moments of just numbness and what they call zoning stares even when talking to neighbors, from a distance of course. Been over thinking alot, trying to stay ahead of things. I will have to visit that original post later, I know it is a good one, you have really kind people who follow you. You and your family stay safe out there and I will keep you all in my prayers.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee March 23, 2020 / 5:14 pm

Thank you so so much. I feel like my brain is completely overloaded right now. My daughter, who lives in Washington state, is having a biopsy today. Worried for her on so many levels. My husband, who is 71 years old, has COPD and has had 3 heart attacks, is ignoring the advice to stay home. He drove over 3 hours away to Lubbock, Texas, today to keep a business appointment, then he shopped at Costco there in Lubbock. He refuses to listen to me or his daughter. We have a happy marriage, it’s not that, I just want him safe and also don’t want him bringing that virus home! I have known for a week about my daughter’s biopsy and about my husband’s determination to drive 400 miles round trip today and go to stores where I didn’t want him to go. We don’t need anything that bad! And if one of us must shop, I am younger, in better health, and perfectly willing to go early in the morning during the senior hour. But my husband has his own mind, and all I can do is pray.

Uh, what were we talking about before I got on this poor pitiful me rant? Augh!! Stay safe and stay sane! Hey, I believe I just coined my new motto.

Stay Safe and Stay Sane!!! 😀

8. successbmine March 23, 2020 / 7:52 pm

I understand how you feel. I maybe slept for 2 1/2 hours last night, stayed in bed for another hour and finally got up to pray. By 8:00 I was done, and slept for maybe another hour. Had a bit of a rest in the afternoon, and now have a project to do for the church. I don’t know how much will get done tonight as it’s already nearly 10:00 pm. But it’s good you realized what you did and were able to rectify it. It wasn’t “written in stone” as they say. And we all make mistakes, some much worse than yours, so don’t worry about it. Don’t have another short night thinking about it but sleep soundly and peacefully. God bless.

9. Tazzie April 4, 2020 / 4:38 pm

I always enjoy your photographs. Most of us worldwide are simply doing the best we can. Mistakes can be so easy, So glad that the issue was resolved.