Four Years Ago Today

20160222_daughter_me_grants_nm

My tablet has just reminded me that this picture of my lovely daughter, and me with the very big mouth, was taken four years ago on this day.

A lot has happened in the last four years. For one thing, my face now looks about twenty years older than it did just four years ago. I don’t like it, but I refuse to let it get me down. Life is about so much more than youthful appearances.

Four years go by fast. My daughter is a licensed therapist now, with a Master’s degree in family and marriage therapy. Four years ago, if I remember correctly, she was working at a call center.

So much has changed on the world stage, too, during these past four years. I wonder what the next four years will bring?

42 thoughts on “Four Years Ago Today

1. atimetoshare.me February 22, 2020 / 10:41 am

You’re both gorgeous ❤️❤️

2. mrsmariposa2014 February 22, 2020 / 10:42 am

Lovely picture! ☺ Four years can definitely change much in our worlds. I have seen this in mine as well. Blessings!

3. Sue Cass February 22, 2020 / 10:45 am

Great picture. With the way things are going in this crazy world, I don’t want to think about the next four years! I keep saying, “come Lord Jesus, come.”

4. Sarah's Attic of Treasures February 22, 2020 / 10:47 am

I have changed dramatically in the last few years. Weight gain. My mental state. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster . Especially this past year.
    HUGS

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee February 22, 2020 / 10:38 pm

I know you have been through an awful lot, just from reading your ‘About’ page. I admire your beautiful caring heart. ❤

• Sarah's Attic of Treasures February 22, 2020 / 11:55 pm

Linda, what a beautiful thing to say.
            It means the world to me.
            I haven’t handled this past year very well.
            I have let anger and bitterness take over at times.
            Forgiveness has been slow coming.
            Truthfully, it hasn’t happened yet.
            So I keep praying. Occasionally, I write more than I should. It helps.
            Hugs

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee February 22, 2020 / 10:41 pm

Thank you. My daughter is amazing. I don’t take any credit for that. She was born to a very broken mom and she has gone so far in life despite me, not because of me. I hate having to admit that, but it’s true.

• CynthiaBaileyRug February 23, 2020 / 6:39 am

You’re very humble. That’s a wonderful thing. But at the same time don’t underestimate yourself. You’re a wonderful person!

5. bornagain732 February 22, 2020 / 12:14 pm

I love that picture 🙏🏻❤️

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee February 22, 2020 / 10:47 pm

Aww, thank you, Lydia. I probably should have mentioned in my post that this picture was taken in an ancient lava field in western New Mexico. It is a national monument called El Mapias, which is Spanish for ‘The Badlands.’

6. successbmine February 22, 2020 / 5:05 pm

It used to be that we wondered what would happen in the next 50-100 years, but as you say, things are going so fast now that even a year can make a huge difference in things from what they were. Love your photo Linda.

7. @preacherbiker February 24, 2020 / 5:35 pm

You are more beautiful today than when I first saw you

8. Paul Martin February 25, 2020 / 7:31 am

Four years can seem either an eternity, or a blur…But if we are in Christ, hopefully we will see growth in ourselves, and growth in our circles of influence by the way we affect each other’s lives. I’m wishing you an AWESOME next four years!!!!
    ““The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.” ’
    (Num 6:24‭-‬26)

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee February 25, 2020 / 5:10 pm

Thank you, Paul. I am very grateful for this verse you shared. My husband is having surgery tomorrow and I have been stressing about it. But God’s got this, I know He does.

9. Invisibly Me February 25, 2020 / 10:19 am

Both gorgeous girls with great smiles! I can’t smile with my teeth because I look awful, so while you say you have a “big mouth” I just see a fab smile and good teeth! Here’s to bright days ahead in the next four years  ♥
    Caz xx

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee February 25, 2020 / 5:14 pm

Aww, thank you. I have a few missing teeth, but they are further back in my mouth. However, my gums have eroded very badly around my bottom front teeth, since this picture was taken. I’m sorry you have problems with your teeth, I know how painful and stressful that can be. My husband has gone through that, too. He has new teeth now, but it wasn’t easy getting there. ((HUGS))

10. ibikenyc February 26, 2020 / 3:30 pm

Gorgeous and Gorgeouser!

11. Beverley March 2, 2020 / 7:35 am

It is lovely to reflect on past memories. The picture is lovely and I am sure you look just as great and even better now because you have a beautiful heart.

12. ourlittleredhouseblog March 2, 2020 / 8:47 am

You look like sisters, both really beautiful. I bet you are so proud too. Even after everything you have been through, you were able to make sure your daughter was raised in a loving and kind way and now she will be out there in the world passing on that knowledge and kindness you taught her . I would be a proud momma too…great job and thank you for that. The world needs more people like that.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee March 2, 2020 / 4:45 pm

Thank you for your kind words. However, I was very badly broken when my daughter was little, so she didn’t get the kind of parenting that she should have had. Most of my healing has happened since she was grown and married with children of her own. Which makes her accomplishments all the more amazing!