Recent pictures of my hubby and me, with our fur children

I don’t usually post twice in one day, or even twice in one week. But after posting the picture of our Scrappy poodle that was taken 5 years ago today, one of my author blogger friends, Sue Cass, asked for a recent picture. I decided it was time for new pictures of all of us.

I will start with our small standard poodle, Scrappy. This picture was taken just ten days ago, on Christmas eve. He was proudly strutting around the house wearing a Christmas ornament that my husband had put on him for laughs. I think it is supposed to be reindeer antlers. But Scrappy is too small to have it on his head, so my husband put it on his back.

IMG_20191224_195220__01

I know I may be a little prejudiced, but isn’t he the cutest thing?

This next picture was taken about three months ago, in October. It’s my husband with our two rescue dogs on his lap, our Scrappy poodle and our big mystery mix girl, Baby. Don’t they look comfy?

IMG_20191001_153725__01_2

And this picture is me with our fur babies. It was taken less than a month ago, on December 7:

IMG_20191207_124630_01__01__01

Finally, this is the meme that my loving hubby sent me, right after he took the above picture of me with the dogs:

IMG_20191207_124936_01__01

Lol! I love it. πŸ˜€

P.S.: To see my previous post, with a funny picture of Scrappy running like a whirlwind in the snow, click this link: https://ablogabouthealingfromptsd.wordpress.com/2020/01/03/happy-scrappy-january-3/

24 thoughts on “Recent pictures of my hubby and me, with our fur children

1. tidalscribe January 3, 2020 / 6:25 pm

Scrappy is a lot like my sister’s poodle Alfie; he has acquired two new housemates when our niece moved in with her two dogs and I have suggested that Alfie start writing a blog.

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee January 3, 2020 / 7:06 pm

Oh, a blog by Alfie the poodle, that would be fun! We found Scrappy when he was still a puppy, abandoned on the highway, skin and bone, covered in ticks and mites, with an injured leg. He’s come a long way since then — going on 6 years now.

2. @PreacherBiker January 3, 2020 / 6:28 pm

And I love you

3. laronda65 January 3, 2020 / 6:28 pm

Adorable family! I keep thinking I have glitter in my hair, only to remember that I’m never around glitter and realize it’s the light reflecting off a new gray hair!

4. Amy Blount January 3, 2020 / 8:31 pm

I love the quote! Remind myself it’s wisdom and nothing else……

5. bornagain732 January 4, 2020 / 8:39 am

I enjoyed your photos!
    I admire you natural wisdom hairs! Am patiently waiting for mine ALL to turn the wisdom color!!
    I have never colored my hair (unless you count β€œSun in” I doused with in the β€˜80’s πŸ€”) but right now it looks like it as my wisdom color is coming in!!!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee January 4, 2020 / 9:08 am

Your natural wisdom colr sounds pretty. I did color my hair for years. A lot of money and time went into that. Then, about a year and a half ago, right after I turned 65, I decided that it made more sense to have gray hair. Er, I mean, wisdom highlights. πŸ˜€

6. ibikenyc January 4, 2020 / 10:25 am

“Wisdom Highlights;” LOL!

Your hair is gorgeous!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee January 4, 2020 / 11:08 am

Aww, thanks. I was seriously thinking about having my hair dyed again, because on New Year’s Eve my husband and his daughter and I were in Amarillo, Texas, and I saw a woman about my age with the most gorgeous colored hair ever. I walked over and told her she had the most beautiful hair I had ever seen, and that I wanted her hair. I even took a sneak photo of the back of her head with my phone, thinking I could show it to a beautician and ask her to give me the same color and highlights.

But… all that expense and upkeep, not to mention the damage it does. No, I think I will stay natural.

• ibikenyc January 4, 2020 / 11:32 am

Wow! That musta been some color! I’ve got a small collection somewhere of pictures I cut from magazines with that same idea.

It also never happened for me, also due to the expense.

My hair was naturally a ho-hum brown. For many years I was an allover bleached blonde, first via Sun-In (like BornAgain732 above), then via Clairol.

That evolved into doing my own highlights using L’Oreal’s Couleur Experte, which is what you see in my profile picture.

When that “recent” gray-hair trend hit, I decided to go for it. Figured I could always just dye it back if I didn’t like it. Hasn’t happened yet: I LOVE my Glitter Wisdom Highlights! πŸ˜€

(Need to update that photo, but it looks a lot like it would with a black-and-white filter applied to it.)

7. touched2mysoul January 7, 2020 / 4:16 am

Your poodle reminds me of Snowy a miniature poodle i had years ago but had to put down due to him being ill. Love the pics and the meme. You have a lot of love in your life. Enjoy!

• Lady Quixote/Linda Lee January 7, 2020 / 9:00 am

Losing a precious pet is one of the hardest things, and making that decision to end their suffering… we have had to do that, too. My heart still aches when I remember our wonderful old Otterhound, Farley, and our Red Heeler Cattle Dog, Lady.

I didn’t think I could bear to let myself grow attached to any more dogs after that. Then we found these two, and they quickly won my heart.

Thank you for your comment. God bless.