Uncertain times – Updated

I’m sitting in a small waiting room outside Ultrasound Room 2, while my stepdaughter has five biopsies. Just before we were called back here, a huge flock of birds flew by the hospital, looking a lot like this Bing  picture. I’m glad God made birds.

BingWallpaper-2019-11-15

December 11, 2019 Update: My stepdaughter saw her doctor today. Four of the five biopsies were not cancer. One was inconclusive. The doctor estimated there is a 30% chance that one is cancer. They could do more tests, but the doctor said: “If you were my daughter, I would urge you to have this removed now.” He gave his reasons, which all made sense. So the next appointment will be to see a surgeon.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and prayers. Please say a prayer for my husband also, yesterday he had an MRI on his hips, we will know soon if he needs a hip replacement. Getting older ain’t for sissies!

God bless. I love my blog readers. ((HUGS))

28 thoughts on “Uncertain times – Updated

1. The Eclectic Contrarian December 6, 2019 / 10:16 am

Praying!

2. ibikenyc December 6, 2019 / 10:21 am

Thinking of and praying for all of you!

I, too, am glad God made birds! I love when they go off in a crowd like that 🙂

3. Amy Blount December 6, 2019 / 12:39 pm

You know…my little one when she was about 4 would see a flock of starlings out the car window and we never knew why or where she came up with it but she would point and yell…”God’s Birds!” Til this day we call them God’s birds

4. atimetoshare.me December 6, 2019 / 12:52 pm

Prayers for your daughter and you as well.

5. Tricia December 6, 2019 / 2:48 pm

Hoping and praying for the best outcome for your stepdaughter. I too love birds.

6. @PreacherBiker December 6, 2019 / 4:02 pm

It will be okay Jesus is with us

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

7. seekingdivineperspective December 7, 2019 / 1:14 pm

Bless you, Linda. Keep focusing on the grace and power of God, even in the tough times. It will really frustrate the enemy. 😉

8. Anna Waldherr December 8, 2019 / 11:09 am

The sight of geese flying low in the sky always seems to me the signature of God. May He watch over your step-daughter. ❤

9. marianbeaman December 11, 2019 / 4:31 pm

It’s 5 days since you posted this. My prayers are ascending for good news for your step-daughter. The birds are a signal of hope, just like God’s love and watch-care. ❤

I'm glad you have other readers who are holding you close in prayer too!

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote December 11, 2019 / 5:34 pm

Thank you! My stepdaughter saw her doctor today. Four of the five biopsies were not cancer. One was inconclusive. The doctor estimated there is a 30% chance that one is cancer. They could do more tests, but the doctor said: “If you were my daughter, I would urge you to have this removed now.” He gave his reasons, which all made sense. So the next appointment will be to see a surgeon.

My stepdaughter is in good spirits, though. I was just talking to her as she drove home, she lives about an hour from here. She was talking about how she will be radioactive for a couple of days, if the pathologist finds any cancer cells in the excised tissue after her surgery. Because if they do find cancer, she will be given radioactive iodine.

As she was talking about being radioactive, she suddenly remembered that she lived in Pennsylvania, downwind of Three Mile Island, when the nuclear accident occurred in 1979. She was 6 years old, then. She was wondering if that could have had anything to do with this?

Growing up in Lancaster County, I’m sure you know all about Three Mile Island.

Thank you for your kind words, Marian. The prayers mean so much. My stepdaughter is very special to her dad and me.

I loved your post on the topic of forgiveness. I even thought about reblogging it, or at least writing a comment on your post with my thoughts and experiences on the subject, but I just had too much going on today. My daughter who lives in Washington, this is my biological daughter, called me in tears because someone she knows and cares about has died unexpectedly. My daughter is a psychotherapist, and she needed to pull herself together to see her clients. Yes, this has been quite a day! Plus I was texting with my eldest granddaughter this morning, she’s finishing up her first semester in a PhD program at Syracuse. Which I find amazing! (Plus I like to brag about that, lol.)

My husband had an MRI on both of his hips yesterday, because of pain and trouble walking. He has been in a powerchair before, we are praying he doesn’t have to do that again. We will know in a couple of days if his doctor recommends a hip replacement. Yikes, getting older is such fun.

Oops, look at the time, I need to get dinner now. God bless and thank you again!

• ibikenyc December 12, 2019 / 5:32 pm

I’m so glad your stepdaughter’s tests were mostly okay. My continued prayers for the next steps in her healing.

Sorry about your husband 😦 Yes, growing older is tough but, as someone much wittier than I once said, “it beats the alternative.”

10. marianbeaman December 11, 2019 / 10:49 pm

Thanks for your thoughtful reply here with all you have going on. Your daughter is fortunate to have you (and God’s help) close by as she treads this unfamiliar path. You are a very accomplished family. I’m so glad we met through a “virtual” connection. And thanks again for your great review of my memoir, the greatest gift you could give an author. Enjoy your weekend, Linda Lee!

11. oneta hayes December 19, 2019 / 4:29 pm

So sorry about the health issues, dear. Sounds like you are a family of “warriors” who fight the battle gallantly. Continue your good care from the doctors, Jesus, and friends. Be blessed with good news this season and remember the Good News. Blessings.