Happy Wintry Thanksgiving!

Screenshot_2019-11-28-06-09-16_kindlephoto-2006815659

My husband and I have decided to wait until Saturday to have Thanksgiving dinner, because the weather in our part of New Mexico is too icy and snowy for safe driving. We don’t want anyone to get into an accident on the way to our house for turkey.

The snowy scenery is beautiful though, and our two rescue dogs love running and playing in the white stuff. While wearing warm doggie coats, of course. πŸ˜€

i don’t remember ever having to postpone Thanksgiving because of weather before. The climate is definitely changing.

Thank you so much for stopping by. God bless. For those who pray, please say a prayer for my precious stepdaughter. She will be having five biopsies next week, on December 6. She is very frightened and her dad and I are worried. She’s a wonderful daughter, a true Christian, and a very special person. She works for the Department of Defense. I don’t use real names on my blog, but her initials are JM. Thank you for your prayers.

Even in times of sorrow and trials, life is still a wonderful, amazing gift, and I am thankful.

Here’s a big grandma ((HUG)) if you need one. I love my blogging friends. πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜

27 thoughts on “Happy Wintry Thanksgiving!

1. Sue Cass November 28, 2019 / 7:49 am

Happy Thanksgiving Linda even if you do stuff the turkey a little late. I’m enjoying mine this year because I have a roommate that loves to cook. She’s cooking and I’m eating. lol Stay safe in that awful weather.

2. ibikenyc November 28, 2019 / 7:55 am

Good Morning my dear, and Happy Thanksgiving! πŸ™‚

I’ve been thinking about you. Glad to hear from you.

Maybe you’ll post some photos of those cavorting dogs???

I will pray for JM.

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote November 28, 2019 / 8:18 am

Aww, thank you for the prayers and the thoughts.

I took a few pictures of the dogs playing in the ice-covered snow just now. They were running and sliding so fast, many of the pictures came out in a big colorful blur. But I did get a couple of good ones.

Now, I just need to figure out how to download pictures from my new, smarter-than-me phone. πŸ˜‚

I hope your day is a grand one. πŸ’˜πŸ’˜

3. atimetoshare.me November 28, 2019 / 7:56 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I will keep your daughter in my prayers. I know God answers them.

4. @PreacherBiker November 28, 2019 / 1:30 pm

Happy Thanksgiving my SNUGEBWOOGEMS XOXOXOXO

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote November 28, 2019 / 2:00 pm

That’s what I get for marrying a Polish guy. Sweet words of endearment that nobody can understand. 😁

At least your new phone doesn’t try to autocorrect it to “Snuggles With Guns,” lol.

I am especially thankful for you, my BFH (Best Friend Husband). πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜πŸ’˜ (That’s a heart for every year we’ve been married.)

5. The Eclectic Contrarian November 28, 2019 / 5:30 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!

6. ourlittleredhouseblog November 29, 2019 / 12:27 pm

Happy late Thanksgiving Linda, you are smart for rescheduling for a safer time. We usually head up to Our Little Red House for Thanksgiving but the weather here in Arizona closed down roads up there from all the snow. Here in the city we got strong winds and lots of rain. A french door I had outside I was getting ready to repaint was blown over and a piece of glass broke in it. Our electric was out for awhile too. I will pray for your daughter. I always say God knows who I am praying for so he doesn’t need full names, he knows who his children always are. You and your family stay safe and warm over there and God bless you all.

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote November 29, 2019 / 4:49 pm

I don’t know why exactly, but reading your comment just now moved me to tears. ((HUG)) .. sniff

7. seekingdivineperspective November 29, 2019 / 7:46 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, Linda. You’re not late – thanksgiving is appropriate any day.
    Blessings to you and your stepdaughter. I will be praying.

• seekingdivineperspective December 17, 2019 / 8:32 pm

I found a bunch of emails in my spam folder that shouldn’t have been there, so I am seeing this later than I should have. How is your stepdaughter?

• Lady Quixote December 18, 2019 / 10:56 am

Hi! A few weeks ago I discovered the same thing, a bunch of emails in my spam folder that shouldn’t be there. Now I try to check it at least once a week.

My stepdaughter is going to have surgery to remove her thyroid and the five growths. Her appointment to meet the surgeon is on December 31. Today, she is having more bloodwork done to determine if the parathyroid needs to go, too.

The pathologist found that four of the growths are benign, but the largest one, 3″ x2″, came back undetermined. Her endocrinologist advised her to go ahead and have the thyroid and growths and some area lymph nodes removed, rather than undergo more biopsies. Meanwhile, she is feeling a bit better, thanks to a mega vitamin D prescription — her bloodwork revealed that her vitamin D level was an 8 — low normal is 30 — and the endocrinologist said he couldn’t believe she was still functioning and working. He said that in 27 years of practice, he had only seen people with a 16 level, and they were barely functioning. He said that usually people have go check into the hospital when their D gets as low as 10! He also said her thyroid malfunctioning would cause this.

It’s hard to believe she isn’t my biological daughter. I am currently being treated for Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism. In the past, my blood tests found that I have the antibodies for Graves Disease, which is a different thyroid disorder that causes hyperthyroidism, plus my blood carries antibodies for Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism. And, it is very rare to have both! Also, last summer my Vitamin D was only a 12. At that time I was so exhausted, I actually fell asleep at the dinner table in mid swallow, drinking a glass of water! Now THAT’S tired! I woke up choking. It was scary! That’s what sent me to the doctor, who found the low vitamin D.

I know you probably didn’t want to know all of this. Sorry. I’m in a chatty mood. I’m blaming it on the rich, creamy, super sweet gluten-free chocolate fudge my stepdaughter made for me. I just ate a bunch. Sugar and chocolate rush, yikes! I’ve named it “killer fudge.” πŸ˜‚

By the way, you told me your book that I want to buy is on kindle? I searched and searched and couldn’t find it on kindle anywhere. Can you please send me a link? I really want to read it. I just finished reading The Sun Does Shine by Anthony Ray Hinton, one of the most riveting memoirs of the many I’ve read, and I need something good to read now on my Kindle. But first — I need to get off of here and do my writing. My memoir, Growing Up Crazy, is really coming along! But it’s a lot of WORK, isn’t it?!

• ibikenyc December 24, 2019 / 9:12 am

Thinking about and praying for your stepdaughter, and you and her dad. It’ll be nice to put it all behind you and start the new year fresh.

I am astonished about those essentially-nonexistent D levels! Yeah; that would make a person feel like crap.

How interesting that you have “markers” for both Graves and Hashimoto’s. Seems you are rare in every way! πŸ˜‰

I hope you and yours have a nice Christmas in spite of everything πŸ™‚