Going to the hospital for some tests

I have known these tests were coming for awhile, and I wasn’t the least bit concerned. But now that I need to get ready and actually go, my EEK is kicking in.

Sigh. I hate when that happens.

These are outpatient tests, so I will be back home later today. Bloodwork for my thyroid — I am a rare bird with antibodies for both Hashimoto’s and Graves disease. Also blood tests for my iron, as I have inherited the defective gene for Hemochromatosis from both sides of the family, yaay me. And then… on to the radiology department for a follow-up ultrasound for something that hopefully is nothing.

This being mortal thing is a bit of a strain at times, isn’t it? πŸ˜‚ But I know God’s got me, come what may.

Sorry I haven’t been posting much. My memoir writing is coming along great, but all other writing is suffering as a result. I’m behind on answering emails, too.

Okay, enough of this, I need to get over to the hospital. Eek.

Inside Looking Out-1024

31 thoughts on “Going to the hospital for some tests

1. The Eclectic Contrarian September 27, 2019 / 8:16 am

Remembering you in prayer!

2. Bruce September 27, 2019 / 8:31 am

You’ll be fine Linda but praying for you anyway!

3. ibikenyc September 27, 2019 / 8:43 am

I second what SLOTIMEWITHJESUS said: “In prayer for the Eek factor.”

Keep us (ha-ha) posted.

I’ve missed you; glad your absence is for something positive.

4. kenzelsfire September 27, 2019 / 9:16 am

Hey Linda, I didn’t know you were dealing with Hashi’s.
    I was “diagnosed” with Hashimoto’s back in 2013/14…how are “they” treating it?

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote September 27, 2019 / 9:43 am

Wow, kenzelsfire, I’m sorry to hear that.

I’m running late, so will have to answer your question — and the other comments — later. I need one of those t-shirts that say “Sorry I’m Late But I Didn’t Want to Come” 😁

• kenzelsfire September 28, 2019 / 10:31 am

I hope the appointment comes back with results you wanted.

And don’t be sorry…although the diagnosis was frustrating it opened my eyes to the realities of the food industry…so the last 5 yrs have been about “relearning” food habits where the commercialization of food is concerned.
        I just went in for a check up last spring and Praise God the Hashimoto’s has disappeared bc through lifestyle changes my antibodies have been reduced.
        Yahushua Bless you with rest, Wisdom & Shalom
        Kenzel

5. Sue Cass September 27, 2019 / 11:30 am

You’ll be fine. God’s got’cha so grit your teeth when the needle comes out and look in the other direction. That’s what I do. πŸ™‚

6. @PreacherBiker September 27, 2019 / 2:30 pm

Prayers for your health

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

7. bornagain732 September 27, 2019 / 3:03 pm

πŸ™πŸ»

8. rubycommenting September 27, 2019 / 7:04 pm

You can do this Linda! You’ve got a loving family backing you!

9. successbmine September 27, 2019 / 7:59 pm

I trust everything went well for you. Glad to hear your writing is coming along. Do you have a deadline for when you want to finish? You need to just go with the flow while it is flowing and where it is flowing, so don’t worry about other areas of writing when you are making progress with your memoir. God bless you and keep you strong to accomplish all you are doing.

10. bornagain732 September 28, 2019 / 4:55 am

My daughter was diagnosed with Hashimoto a couple of months ago. I have hypothyroidism. She thinks I need to be tested for Hashimoto because they told her it is hereditary.

11. Anna Waldherr October 6, 2019 / 12:46 pm

I am so glad that your health concerns have proven groundless since this post was written, and that your writing is going well. Wishing you God’s best! ❀

12. Bethanykays October 9, 2019 / 12:03 am

My eek kicks in a lot! I hope the testing went well and you got back home and happy it is behind you.

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote October 9, 2019 / 9:44 am

Thanks, Bethany. Yeah, I really need to post an update here. Most of my tests came back within normal parameters, so apparently my worrying symptoms were caused by my worsening allergies. This is what the doctor said. And I believe she is right, because I am doing a lot better on the antihistamine she recommended.

I believe, too, that writing my memoir is affecting the way I feel. I haven’t missed one day of writing in my memoir, since I started all over again at the beginning on September 7, 2018. I have written more than a quarter of a million words in this rough draft so far, and I am only up to age 13! Seriously, I don’t know how I survived my childhood.

My intention is to end my memoir at age 17, with an epilogue to summarize the many decades that I have lived since then. But I want my memoir to only have about 80,000 words. Which means… I will have a lot of cutting to do, when I reach the end of my first draft!

So yeah, writing about the childhood from hell every single day for the past 13 months — that would probably make anybody feel a little sick. πŸ˜‚

How are you doing, my friend?

• ibikenyc October 9, 2019 / 9:50 am

My apologies for “barging in” here, but you have been on my mind a lot since you mentioned those tests, and I am VERY happy to hear that they went well πŸ™‚

Looking forward to your update!

• successbmine October 9, 2019 / 3:58 pm

Linda have you ever considered writing your memoir in several volumes rather than cutting out major portions? I have a friend who is doing that and she has 4 volumes. You could do 4-6 years in each volume. Just a thought. I realize you will have to eliminate some from the first draft as that is always the case. But to write that many words and pare it down so drastically seems like a lot of unnecessary work.

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote October 9, 2019 / 5:07 pm

Yes, I am considering doing that, writing a series of volumes. I wrote another 1,130 words today, and whew — I figure that if I can write what I just wrote about today, I can definitely write it all!

The first time I tried to write this story, I was in my early twenties, married, mother of two small children, and working full time as a Century 21 real estate agent in Houston, Texas. The year was 1975. But I definitely wasn’t ready to write it, way back then. Not even close! I’ve made countless attempts to write my memoir, over the past four and a half decades. Now, finally, it’s happening! I’m almost in shock. In my numerous previous attempts, I could never get beyond the first couple of chapters.

Of course, as you said, there’s a lot to delete from a first draft, anyway. The redundancies, the boring “so whats,” and the extraneous details. But even so, and even if I can pare it down to just one volume, all this “extra” writing hasn’t been wasted. I am seeing and understanding things that happened in my life, to a much greater degree than I have before. It’s helping me to better understand myself, and to understand my poor broken parents. And that’s a very good thing!

Thank you for commenting, your words are so encouraging. 😊

• Musings of an Author's Heart October 10, 2019 / 7:41 pm

That’s great that you are gaining something from the effort. I believe there is a time for everything, and obviously this is the time for you to write this. And it’s so much easier now that we have KDP for self-publishing. Back then that wasn’t an option and getting into a traditional publisher can be almost impossible. Keep up the good work.

• Bethanykays October 10, 2019 / 6:09 pm

That’s good news that the allergy meds are helping. Super news. I 100% can understand that writing everyday can zap your immune system. It can be so cathartic and so exhausting too.
        Sounds great to set an age to stop the memoir but to do an epilogue. Really love that idea.
        Yep, writing about trauma would sure enough make me sickly!!!!
        Make sure you take care and give your mind and body rest.
        I’ve just started writing again. Today I did my first post and I have already decided to just write a few days a week. I don’t want to purposely go there but if I am triggered and need to write it out then that helps me. I worked on my memoir for about 3 months and then took 3 months off.
        You have taken on a real undertaking with your book. I am SURE it will help many! We all have moments of such loneliness and knowing someone else has gone through it as awful as it is can at least make us feel like we were not the only ones.
        I’m ok just dealing with this stupid fractured hip that refuses to heal and my motorized scooter is not working properly and the company OBVIOUSLY does not know how it feels to need one because it’s been a month of them giving me the run around. It works now but barely moves. Ya know. Day to day frustrations but I just keep taking my photos πŸ™‚

13. Alfiano Fong October 12, 2019 / 4:53 pm

I hope all the best for you