A 9/11 Mystery

WorldTradeCenterBible

The Miracle of the 9/11 World Trade Center Bible

On March 30, 2002, a firefighter searching for victims of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks at the World Trade Center in New York, is reported to have discovered a burnt Bible fused to a piece of steel. The barely legible top page is open to the Sermon on the Mount from Matthew 5, where Jesus speaks of “an eye for an eye” followed by “resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.”

For the rest of the story, click on the link above.

27 thoughts on “A 9/11 Mystery

1. The Eclectic Contrarian September 11, 2019 / 11:15 am

The Word of God cannot be destroyed.

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote September 11, 2019 / 11:38 am

Amen! I should have made it clear that the sentence under the photo is a link to BibleGateway for the full story, plus a video.

• The Eclectic Contrarian September 11, 2019 / 12:13 pm

It’s a great post! Thank you!

2. Sue Cass September 11, 2019 / 11:24 am

Wow. I wonder what verses it’s turned to. Obviously Jesus is speaking. (red)

• Sue Cass September 11, 2019 / 11:34 am

That’s encouraging to all who will read it. Thanks. I reblogged and now I can answer that question if it comes up. 🙂

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote September 11, 2019 / 11:43 am

Thank you for the reblog, Sue. Like I commented on your blog, I should have made it clear that the sentence under the picture is a link to BibleGateway for the full story, plus a video. I have added that to my post, along with the first paragraph of the BibleGateway article.

I find it very strange that all we see on news reports are the tragedies of that day, but only on BibleGateway have I ever seen mention of this Bible artifact found in the rubble.

• Sue Cass September 11, 2019 / 11:46 am

Thank you for adding that. I didn’t realize it was there. Awesome! Thank you for sharing this with us.

3. Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote September 11, 2019 / 11:39 am

Thanks, Ryan. I’m sorry, I should have made it clear that the sentence under the picture is a link to BibleGateway, for the rest of the story, plus a video.

4. hawk2017 September 11, 2019 / 3:07 pm

We never know when we will be called to die. Praise God for His word no matter where.:)

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote September 11, 2019 / 4:06 pm

My first near death experience happened when I was just fifteen years old. I was given a medication that I am deathly allergic to. My body crashed to the floor. I floated up out of my body as two nurses rushed over to me. They knelt down on the floor beside my body. I was floating over the tops of their heads, when I heard one nurse say “I can’t find a pulse.” The other nurse said “Her lips are blue.” Then, zap, I was back inside my body.

My second, and last near death experience so far, happened when I was 39. My heart just stopped, even though I had no idea that I had any heart problems (a cardiologist later diagnosed me with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and put me on a beta blocker drug). When my heart stopped, suddenly I was in a hallway of sorts, right outside of heaven. There was a crowd of people in heaven waiting to greet me. The perfect peace, joy, and LOVE that I experienced was far beyond anything I have ever experienced in this world. I knew I was going to my eternal home with the Lord and all my loved ones that had gone on before. I never wanted to leave that perfect place. But I was sent back again, because it wasn’t my time yet, apparently.

Now I am in my late sixties. Like you said, we don’t know when our final moment in this life will come — but we know it is getting closer!

• hawk2017 September 11, 2019 / 5:40 pm

Amen. And you can attest to an after-life. Praise God.:)

5. @PreacherBiker September 11, 2019 / 4:12 pm

I love you

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

6. Nancy Ruegg September 14, 2019 / 11:56 am

WOW! I had never heard of the Ground Zero Bible. A fascinating story that encourages our faith in eternal God and his Word that will never pass away (Matthew 24:35)! Thank you for sharing, Linda Lee.

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote September 14, 2019 / 7:35 pm

Thanks, Nancy, for your comment. I hadn’t heard of it, either, until a little over one year ago when I happened to read about it in the BibleGateway daily devotions that I was receiving in my email at that time.

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote September 14, 2019 / 7:39 pm

Isn’t God amazing? The older I get, and the more I experience and learn of Him, the more amazed I am.

I was agnostic, almost an atheist, for years. I look back on that time in my life and wonder how I could have been so blind.

• Anna Waldherr September 15, 2019 / 11:30 am

I was an atheist for years, too, as the result of childhood abuse. Like you, I look back now and realize I was blind. Thankfully, God took the trouble to search for this lost lamb (Matt. 18: 12-14).

7. successbmine September 26, 2019 / 7:06 pm

Fascinating piece of history that will never make it into the history books. God is involved in everything that happens to us whether in living or in dying. It’s a comforting thought. Thank you for sharing this. I will share it on my FB timeline.