Da Vinci may have had ADHD, startling study claims

20150103_122510-1-1

Quoting from Chris Ciaccia in this May 24, 2019 Fox News article:

ADHD has been associated with a negative stigma, but there are benefits to it, Catani wrote in the study, including creativity, notably exemplified by da Vinci. “Arguably, if positively channeled, some characteristics of ADHD can bear an advantage: mind wandering can fuel creativity and originality; restlessness can move to seeking novelty and action for change,” the researcher wrote.

For the full article, please visit this link:

I think our excitable rescue poodle may have a touch of ADHD. And…. maybe me, too. They did not diagnosis this back when I was in elementary school. But, considering that my first grade teacher lost her mind and moved me and my desk out into the hall and closed the door because I wouldn’t/couldn’t be quiet…. Yeah, probably!

But hey, if Da Vinci had it, it can’t be all bad. Right? 😂

Polite comments are welcome. Thank you for stopping by and God bless.
~Linda Lee @LadyQuixote

PS: It’s 103 degrees* Fahrenheit right now where I live. So the snowy picture isn’t a recent one, unfortunately. But that’s our rescue poodle, a fun and feisty ball of energy. We call him Scrappy because he is, in every sense of the word.

We 💘💘 our rescue dogs.

*Correction: shortly after I posted this, our dogs needed out. I went with them, and our thermometer reading was 108 in the shade. Whew!

22 thoughts on “Da Vinci may have had ADHD, startling study claims

1. Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote August 16, 2019 / 4:03 pm

Thanks, Ryan. I’m sitting in the AC with the poodle on my lap, and our big mystery mix dog cuddled beside me. Which is making me warmer than I want to be. But they’re too cute, so I can’t make them move. 😁

2. The Eclectic Contrarian August 16, 2019 / 4:17 pm

Some of the smartest people are those who have something “wrong” with them… just goes to show you that normal isn’t normal!

3. hawk2017 August 16, 2019 / 4:57 pm

Sweetie pup. And the snow.:)

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote August 16, 2019 / 5:01 pm

Thank you! He is a precious little guy. My husband and I found him five years ago on the highway, injured and almost starved to death. He was still a growing puppy at the time. I always did want a poodle. He is sweet and feisty. 💘

4. Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote August 16, 2019 / 5:03 pm

Shortly after I answered your comment Ryan, the dogs needed out. I went with them and our outdoor thermometer reading was 108 in the shade. Yikes! But now a storm is coming in, so we should cool down soon.

5. slotimewithjesus August 16, 2019 / 8:49 pm

Yes! I agree with you 100%! And it hits too many nerve endings for me. The first and foremost is the way creative children are handled in the cultural test tube we call “school”. “Give him or her a pill”. What if we had medicated Einstein, DaVinci, Mozart?! The only thing wrong in your tale was a teacher that did not have the skills, time or care to consider what the best approach was with and for you!! There are so many different things that could have been going on for you and for the bazillion little current day students that are simply not considered. How about reactive attachment disorder or trauma induced behaviors that have nothing to do with a child’s innate abilities but are the direct result of pain and suffering. Yeah sure ADHD is a real thing but not nearly as prevalent as the schools and psych system would have us believe. Whew! Ya got me going! The truth of it is I am sitting tippity tapping away and realize I got way more where that came from….. maybe another day. Thanks for sharing more of your self. You are a beautiful human being and I bet you were a hoot as a child.

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote August 17, 2019 / 10:48 am

Thank you, I hope you have a great weekend, too.

My husband was in Lubbock yesterday, he said it was 105 there. It’s supposed to be in the triple digits here again today, tomorrow, and Monday.

6. seekingdivineperspective August 17, 2019 / 4:11 pm

Normal is overrated. I found this post encouraging, because I’m pretty sure I have ADD and would like to think that I can still be, you know … what was I saying?

7. @PreacherBiker August 19, 2019 / 12:11 am

I didn’t know that

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

8. lavenderandlevity August 31, 2019 / 9:30 pm

So, for someone with ADHD rejection sensitivity, this article could be summed up as, “Oh, great, Da Vinci felt like a failure? Well, I’m no match for him, so I guess I’m stuck with the self-doubt forever.” 😉