FEELING CRISPY

After sitting here laughing over Kathy’s story about running to the window to see her neighbor glowing in the dark, I just had to repost this so you can laugh, too. I’m about a decade behind Kathy, but I definitely relate to this post about getting older. 😀 😁 😂

atimetoshare.me

98206bfafa2629db6ff22f41053158f3

There are some days when I feel full of energy and ready to leap tall buildings with a single bound and then I realize that I’m almost 77 and my cape has long since worn out.  It’s then that my thoughts of conquering the world get set back on the shelf and I start to act my age.

When we reach this point in life, many of our friends have already gone to heaven.  All our worldly goods are now considered antiques.  We crash at 8:30 PM and rise at 5:30 AM.  We put our teeth in a cup, our eyes and ears on the nightstand, roll out of bed with vigor, but are soon reminded that our muscles aren’t what they used to be and spend half an hour trying to stand upright  Your body has lost the battle with gravity.  Everything hangs about five inches lower than it…

View original post 351 more words

9 thoughts on “FEELING CRISPY

1. ibikenyc May 28, 2019 / 9:57 am

Loved this; LOL! Thanks for posting.

Hope you two are doing well 🙂

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote May 28, 2019 / 10:26 am

We’re doing pretty good. We had a tornado warning a couple of days ago, but all we got was a thunderstorm and a small amount of hail, yaay.

You want to know something funny? During the emergency alert, with our cell phones saying “Imminent extreme alert: Tornado warning in this area til 6:00 PM MDT. Take shelter now,” I decided that was as good a time as any to read an email I had put off reading for a couple of days. The reason I had put off reading the email was because I feared that the tone would be snarky. And yes, it was snarky. very much so. However, reading that email on my tablet while I was hunkered down inside the house with my husband and our two frightened dogs, with a hail and thunderstorm raging outside and a tornado somewhere in the vicinity, I was like “Eh, whatever. She can minimize, snark, rationalize, and twist things all she wants to. I have more important things to think about.”

I hope you are doing good today. And if you have any extreme weather, like so much of the country has been having lately, I hope you can put it to good use somehow and come out better than ever. 😀

2. Paul Martin May 28, 2019 / 10:28 am

My former pastor and mentor preached on growing old. He was speaking on 2 Cor 4:16, and 1 Cor 15:51-53. He stated that one day, our “horrified” body will become a “glorified” body! I got a chuckle out of it, and thought I’d pass that along! 😂

3. hawk2017 May 28, 2019 / 12:35 pm

I know the feeling. lol

4. marianbeaman May 28, 2019 / 5:43 pm

I love your attitude and that, along with me, you are climbing the ladder of the 70s. The best is yet to be! You go, girl!

• Linda Lee/@LadyQuixote May 28, 2019 / 6:21 pm

Thanks, Marian. Isn’t it amazing how the years fly by? My grandchildren are older than I feel inside. (How my body feels is a different story, lol.)

5. seekingdivineperspective May 28, 2019 / 6:59 pm

I can relate. I asked my husband one night if he wanted to watch the movie “Shining Through,” and he said something like “Oh, sure, and have nightmares all night?”
    (He thought I had said “Shining 2.”)